Microsoft Excel is a fairly powerful tool due to the study it performs with the data, this has led it to become a very popular software for the financial and accounting sector. It has improved intelligence, since it allows you to create and edit files, run graphics, make spreadsheets, optimize formulas and much more, in a very practical and simple way.
As in any program Microsoft Office, sometimes the need arises to make a copy paste so as not to have to transcribe the information again to the destination location. So these actions over time have become essential for those who work with a computer, thus being automated instructions.
It has become so widespread that it became essential when composing and restructuring any document. If you still do not know how to do this, in this tutorial we will explain step by step the processes you must do to be able to do it and fill in content cells in Excel. We will also show you how to solve problems when it has said management blocked.
Steps and methods to copy and paste the content of cells in Excel
The main objective of copy and paste is to save time when manually typing a text. That is why below we will detail the different methods to do it from the different computer shortcuts. Discover in this part all the Excel commands.
Keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste
If you will do this repeatedly, it is best to find a more comfortable way to do it without having to use the mouse. We will help you make the process even simpler than it already is, just by selecting the text you want. In this case the Ctrl key will be the protagonist of all shortcuts.
- Ctrl + C: This command is used to copy the cells you have selected to place them in another place or destination.
- Ctrl + X: It is manipulated to cut the selected cells and proceed to save them on the clipboard.
- Ctrl + V: With this you will be able to paste the cells that are inside the clipboard group where you want.
From the options bar
Another way to run it is through the options bar, there are all the elements that make up Excel, including the most basic ones such as copy, cut and paste. When selecting the content that we want, it deposits it in a buffer, called clipboard.
- The first thing you will have to do is select the option “Start”.
- Then choose “Clipboard” and then proceed to click “Copy”, to duplicate the cells or the chosen content.
- Once all the data has been copied, you must select the box where you want to transfer it and press “Start” > “Clipboard”> “Paste”.
Using drag and drop
With this kind of method you don’t need to be an excel expert, because it is quite fast and easy to manipulate, one more alternative that allows you to make this interface. You just need to select and slide to where you want the text to be attached.
- First you have to select cell range you want to copy and cut.
- Press with the left button of your computer mouse the limit of the range and later move him to his new position.
- Then simply you will have to release the mouse button to the place where you want bring you the data.
- Finally you have to know that before releasing the mouse you must press the Ctrl key + mouse click.
From the fill handle
This type of method is the one that allows you to copy a set of data in continuous cells for greater ease. It is displayed with a small black box that is located in the lower right corner and that when placing the course on this, it changes to a cross.
- The first thing you should do is select the cell and fill the adjacent cells.
- Double clicking on the fill handle will copy the selected range down to locate a cell with content.
- In this way the formula it will be copied automatically with its respective calculation.
In the same way, you can do it with this process, which allows you to do it quickly. You will only need click the right mouse button from your computer to see the context menu.
- Select cells and left click mouse over it.
- Then choose the option that tells you “Copy or cut.”
- Choose the destination that you have decided to transfer the data.
- Click the left mouse button again, but this time to choose “Paste”.
How to copy and drag Excel formulas into another cell or worksheet?
If for some reason you want to copy and drag Excel formulas to another column or spreadsheet, you can choose specific pastes in destination cells.
- Choose the cell that has the formula that you seek to copy.
- Click on “Start” choose “Copy” or use the shortcut Ctrl + C.
- Now, on the same sheet or on another, you have to press and click on the cell where you want to place it.
- To be able to paste the formula with its format, you will have to click on “Start”> “Paste” or also with Ctrl + V.
How to fix the problem when Excel crashes while copying and pasting and is not responding?
We have already seen all the steps and different methods that you must use to be able to copy and paste in Excel but, How can you go about solving the problem when the application crashes when trying to do it and does not respond? Next we will mention how to solve it.
Test recovery of MS Office applications
This option may allow you to save your documents when the program has this error, so that you don’t lose what you have done. You will also be able to recover files that were not saved at the indicated time.
- Go to the menu “Start” from your computer > “All the programs”>“ Microsoft Office Tools ” > “Recovery of MS Office applications”.
- Now you must select document not responding.
- Then click “Recover application” and rescue the document.
Resorting to Microsoft Office self-healing
Previously Excel had an option to Autosave, but for a few years this was supplanted by self-recovery. This means that the documents made in this interface are saved with a backup copy. So if they are closed unexpectedly, it recovers the file:
- Go to “Archive” then to “Information” and later to “Manage versions”. There you can examine the backup copies of unsaved files.
- Locate the Excel workbook and click where it says “Open” Y “Save“.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉