Currently there are various types of file formats that are very popular with users. One of them is the PDF which is very practical and ideal when doing a job, because it allows documents to be saved in their original form without losing their structure when extracting and printing them. Thanks to them, a better aesthetic is provided to the writing.
However, you should know that when a file is converted to PDF it does not allow words to be copied, So when you want to modify it, if it is personal, you can do it without any problem. But if it is not your property but you want to take some things, you have to look for certain alibis to be able to make use of some information or image.
That is why in this article we will explain how to copy the text of this type, even if it is protected. In the same way, how to do it with the images you want to take and transfer them to Word or file them on your computer. As well as how to extract everything without using programs.
Steps to copy text from locked PDF to Word or Excel
Although there are protected documents, due to the security provided by this type of format, there are ways around those restrictions if you want to take and paste a part of that review or some image to another destination.
It is for this reason that you will see how you can do it without using any type of programs installed on your computer, only with the Firefox browser. So pay due attention to the ways to do it that we will present below.
- The first thing you have to do will be open your Firefox browser.
- Once you are in the browser, you will have to locate and select the information you want to copy.
- Then with the right click of your mouse it will appear a menu with various options, in it you must select where it says “Copy”.
- Ready in this way you will already have the document copied to transfer text and images to Word or Excel.
Copy text from locked PDF into Word with PDF Online tool
This time we will explain how to unlock it and transfer it to Word or Excel with an online tool called “PDF Online”, so that you can convert your file and in this way you can take the parts you need to the. Read on and find out how to do it.
- The first thing you should do is go to the browser of your team and place in the search engine “PDF Online”. You must choose the first alternative that appears and click to enter the converter.
- Then, you will have to select the option that appears in the upper left side that says “PDF to Word”, followed by this you must click on “Upload to convert”.
- When uploading the file, depending on the weight and amount of information you’ll have to wait a bit.
- Finally, you will click on the option that appears at the top as “To download” to get your file converted.
How to extract text and image content from a protected PDF file without programs?
In this opportunity, you have to know that there are also ways to grab and copy the content for your use from a protected PDF file, from your computer without using an installed program, simply with tools that your team has incorporated.
In order to extract the illustrations, one method is use screenshots, these you can do from “Paint” or run them using snipping tools from your Windows. In this part we explain how to do it.
- The first thing you have to do is open the PDF document and enlarge the image (Control +) so that it can be appreciated in a better way.
- Later you will have to hold down simultaneously the keys “Alt” that you will find on your computer keyboard plus that of “ImpPt” to capture the image you have on your screen.
- Followed by the previous steps, once you have already captured the image you will proceed to paste it in the Paint tool with the key combination “Control + V”
- Then you can edit it as you prefer and it will be ready to be used in Word or another program.
Copy images from your Windows Snipping Tool
“cuts”Is another of the tools that you have on your computer and that your Windows brings. In this you can capture an image and later insert it in the program you want.
In the next section we will provide you with the necessary steps so that you can execute it in a more practical and easy way, from this instrument that you have on your PC and that you possibly did not know that it existed or what it was used for.
- You must first go to the bottom left of your computer where the Start Menu. Some of your programs appear there.
- In it select “All the programs” and proceed to click to start the search.
- Then you will look for a folder called “Accessories”.
- After this, a tool called “Cuts”.
- You must choose it and locate the images to cut it. Then you must press the option where it says “New” and select it to start editing.
- In this way you can place it in another tool to be used, you can use Paint or Photoshop to work the image to your liking.
Convert photos and text from Adobe Acrobat Reader
Another way to convert and copy text and illustrations from your computer is by using “Adobe Acrobat Reader” a program that you can manipulate in a way free and at no cost. If for some reason you are only interested in certain phrases in the document and not the entire file, we will explain step by step what you must do to obtain them and transfer them to Word or Excel.
- It will correspond to you open the PDF document you want to use in the application.
- Subsequently, you must drag with your computer mouse to select the text which you want to copy.
- If for any reason you want to take all the text, you must press the command “CTRL + A”. But, as this time you are only looking select some phrases, you will have to click with the right mouse button on the part of the text you want and press the option “Copy” or failing that “CTRL + C”.
- Now, it will be up to you open Word or any other tool to fix your text.
- Finally, you have to click with the right button of your mouse and choose the option “Paste” or “CTRL + V” so that the file remains in the text editor and you can modify it to your liking.
How to copy a photo from Adobe Acrobat Reader?
Many times we wonder if a photo can be copied from Adobe Acrobat Reader and how to do it, the truth is that with an image is very similar to doing it with text as we saw earlier. That is why we will show you how you can do it so that you learn in a simpler way when grabbing images from protected PDF documents.
- This time, the first thing you will have to do is open the Acrobat Reader program on your computer.
- Then click on the photo to be able to select it.
- You will proceed to press the right button of the mouse on your computer and select from the drop-down menu the option where it says “Copy image”.
- Next, once you have it selected, you can now go to the Microsoft Word document editor and press the right mouse button “Paste” in the place where you want the image to be positioned.
- In this way you will have your image ready in the document so that you can edit it.
- You must remember that surely you will have to fix the size for a better fit and appearance.
These are the steps to convert your protected PDF file from your computer using the programs that your Windows brings and others that you can use online like Adobe Acrobat Reader. Possibly you can find many others to be able to do it virtually, but in this article we managed to place you on the most essential ones.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉