Listen to music where, when and how you want. That is the proposal that Spotify offers to anyone who dares to try its services and with whom it is dazzling users all over the planet. The figures support its extension. In June 2017, the company that owns this music streaming platform revealed that it had broken the barrier of 140 million active users.
His growth had been 40% higher compared to the previous year, and its intentions were nothing more than to keep growing more and more until it became the favorite platform of all music lovers. Simple to use and with a vast list of songs available, with many registered authors, if you are one of those who still do not have access to this platform, you may wonder how to create a Spotify account for free step by step, and that is precisely what we are going to explain here.
With this guide, anyone can learn how to sign up for this popular music streaming platform both on PC and iOS and Android devices. In addition, we also explain what you need to do to subscribe to the premium service, which has a series of additional benefits in exchange for a monthly fee, and how to cancel the subscription in case of regret. All detailed step by step so you don’t have any complications. Then we leave it to you, keep reading!.
Open a new account on Spotify for free
The standard Spotify account is completely free. Therefore, you should not worry about having to make any kind of payment to create a user. Now, we explain how to proceed to create a new account on both devices Android or iOS and on computers and PCs.
Spotify for Android
If you want open a new account on Spotify within an Android device, the first thing to do is enter the official app store of Google Play Store. Once you have entered, enter “Spotify Music”In the search bar and choose the first result.
Now, you just have to click on the button “Install”To start downloading the application and its installation on your mobile phone or tablet. It is important to emphasize that this step is completely free, there is no need to make any purchase. With software installedYou can open it directly from the Google store or by pressing the icon that will appear from now on on the application screen of your device. Enter in the.
- Now is the time to create the new account. In the main menu of Spotify appears the option “Register for free”, in which you have to click to start the account creation process.
- The next screen will ask for an email account and password. Always choose one that you use and to which you have access and, of course, a password that you will not forget or reveal to anyone.
- Once these data have been entered, you will now be asked a date of birth and your gender. Also fill in these fields to be able to advance with the registration process.
- By last, Spotify It will ask you the name you want to use within its service. You can enter your real name or any user nickname, always bearing in mind that it will be the one that appears linked to your profile and will be visible to the entire public.
- Your account is already created and completely free. Ultimately, the app will ask you that you choose 5 of your favorite artists to make a first playlist tailored to your tastes. Choose the ones you like the most and start enjoying the best music!
Spotify for iOS
The procedure on iOS devices is very similar to Android. IPhone or iPad users have to enter, in the first instance, the Apple store, the App Store and search for the application “Spotify Music“by entering your name in the search bar. Afterwards, you just have to select it and download it to be installed in the terminal.
- Open the app you just installed and, within its main menu, choose the option “Register for free” to begin with the creation of your account.
- The rest is identical to the case of Android cell phones. First, Enter an e-mail account to be linked together with a personal and non-transferable password.
- Now, as explained previously, it is necessary to enter both your date of birth and your gender. It is not necessary that they be faithful to reality, but it is recommended.
- The last step is to write the username you want to have on Spotify. It can be the real one or a nickname that you want others see when accessing your profile.
- Afterwards, you will be asked for a final push by choosing 5 artists to create your first Playlist. With this, concludes the entire procedure for creating a Spotify account on iOS iPhone cell phones.
Spotify on PC or computers
In the case of wanting create a new Spotify account on PC, the first and indispensable step is enter the platform’s website. Open your browser and, in the address bar at the top, enter the URL: www.spotify.com.
Once inside, click “Get Spotify for free”. When doing so, a form will appear that you must fill in with:
- E-mail and your confirmation
- Nick or nickname
- A little captcha check
Now, the download of the application on your PC will begin. Let it happen and, once it is done, open the installer to proceed with the installation of the Spotify software. Once you have the application, open it and click on “Register” to proceed as in the previous cases.
Register a Spotify account with Facebook
Registering an account on Spotify with Facebook is much easier than any other. Both with your cell phone and with your tablet or your desktop or laptop computer, it is essential that you have the application installed as we have previously indicated. But nevertheless, at the time of registration, things change.
- When you open the Spotify program, in the first window that appears, you just have to choose the option “Register with Facebook” instead of the traditional email sign-up.
- Now, a window will appear in which you will have to enter the email of the Facebook account you want to use and its password. In case the session in the social network has already been opened on the device, the process will be automatic.
- With this way, your profile will be completely defined by your Facebook user. It is a much more option convenient and quick to start using Spotify without having to fill out any kind of registration form.
How to create a Premium account on Spotify?
The premium system of this platform has several plans designed for different types of users. Even though the standard is individual at 9.99 euros per month, there are others designed to share accounts with family members or even for students with less financial possibilities.
To create a premium account on SpotifyIn the first place, you must have registered a free one through any of the steps that we have previously indicated. Now, once inside the app or on the website www.spotify.com, Access your profile by entering your user data.
When you have done it, enter your profile data by clicking on the icon that is usually in the upper right and look for the option “Upgrade your account”If it is on the web or for smartphones, click on”Your library“then in this icon which is just at the top right and then click on “Go Premium“.
Now, if you are in the online portal you will have to find the option “Get Premium”And click on it. In case of being in the app, your goal is “Get Premium”. Many times, Spotify gives you the opportunity to try its Premium service for 7 or 30 days, then its rate is € 9.99 / month, although you can cancel it at any time.
Upon entering, it will appear a form with the necessary data to make the payment. You can choose how to pay (credit card, PayPal or PaySafeCard) and proceed by filling in the necessary information. Done this, you will already have all the advantages of the Spotify Premium Account. No advertising between songs, the possibility of listening to all your music without an internet connection and a long etcetera, really if you are a music lover it will be worth it.
How to close or unsubscribe Spotify from PayPal?
In case of chosen PayPal as payment method for your Spotify premium account and want to cancel the subscription, the first thing you have to do is enter the web www.paypal.com and log in with the account you have registered.
- Once inside, go to the settings menu, represented by this icon and to the section of “Payments”. From there, enter the section “Manage payments with prior approval”, within “Payments with prior approval”.
- Find the payment linked to Spotify Premium and cancel it by pressing the relevant option.
- Thus, You have already unsubscribed from the Spotify service through PayPal. Something easy and quite simple.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉