Since 2016 Google decided to launch its own reminder on the market so that its users could make small annotations of some tasks that they did not want to forget, unlike any other event that could be stored, these will always appear on screen until they are done or completed.
Due to the great success he was experiencing Google Calendar, this company decided to expand its possibilities, this is how it is currently also available for computers, offering new advantages to its users. Now you not only have the opportunity to have these reminders on your mobile phone screen, but you can also have it in your own computer, which will allow you to be aware of your agenda from the same place.
So much for devices Android, iPhone and computers these reminders designed by Google they behave like a list of tasks, which will disappear as you complete them. In such a way, that here we will teach you how to create and use this Google tool both on your mobile and computer.
Steps to create a reminder in Google Calendar
Create one of these reminders it is a very easy task, no matter if it is a computer or smartphone. It is important that you keep in mind that when creating an event it will always appear on the screen regardless of whether the deadline for it has already expired, that is, it will only be deleted when you mark it as completed.
Therefore, if you are one of the people who frequently forget everything and want to take advantage of these types of tools to be able to perform each of your tasks, Google Calendar it is a very good alternative.
That is why here we teach you to how to create your own to-do list in a very simple and fast wayTo do this, follow the steps that we will teach you below:
From the computer
In case you want install your reminder on the computer, whether portable or tabletop, you can do it very easily, for this it will be necessary that you follow the steps that we are going to explain.
- The first thing you will have to do is access Google Calendar.
- Now you must check that the “Reminder” is selected, it is below “My calendar” on the right side of your screen.
- The next thing will be to click on the sign “+ Create” located at the top left of your screen.
- There a box will open with various options, here you will have to choose “Reminder”.
- The next thing will be to add the title, the date, if you want to repeat it, among other options to create said annotation and finally click “Save”.
- Once this is done, your reminder will be marked on the calendar, keep in mind that it will activate on the day and time you have programmed it.
From Android phone
If you are one of the users that you use most frequently your android device and not the computer, you can also create your own reminder from your terminal. Just like on the computer, this is a fairly simple and quick process to accomplish. In addition, it will give you the opportunity to always be aware of each of your pending tasks from your mobile.
To be able to create your to-do list from your Android terminal, just follow these steps:
- To start it will be necessary that you enter “Google Play Store” and download the official application of “Google Calendar”.
- Once installed we just have to open it to start with the whole process.
- When you are inside the App, a sign appears in the lower right corner “+” click on it.
- There will appear 3 options, where we select “Reminder”.
- Now a new window will appear which we will have to fill in to activate the annotation that we want to remember. For it, we write the title, the date and time and the times that you want to repeat.
- Once all this is completed you will only have to click on the option “Save” located at the top of the screen.
From your iPhone and iPad mobile
In case you have a iPhone device you can also use this tool Google that will allow you to always be aware of each of your pending activities, in order not to miss any of them.
In order to create your reminder list from your mobile you will need to follow these steps:
- To start you have to install the application “Google Calendar” on your computer if you don’t have it, you can download it from the “App Store”.
- Once installed on your mobile you will only have to open it to start the process.
- In the lower right part of your screen, click on the icon “+”.
- Then we select “Reminder”.
- Now you will have to write your reminder or choose a suggestion.
- Once this is done we just click on “Ready”
- Select the date and time you want to activate said annotation and to finish, click on the option “Save”.
How to delete or modify a Google Calendar reminder?
It is possible that after creating your reminder for some reason you have to modify or delete it, whether an event has been rescheduled or has simply been suspended. Therefore, this reminder will no longer be valid and therefore you will want to delete it either from your computer or Smartphone.
This is a very simple action to perform and which we will explain below:
In the case that you simply want to edit it, either change the title or the date of it, you will have to perform these steps:
- The first thing will be to enter the application “Google Calendar”.
- Then click on the reminder you want “Modify”.
- Now select the option “Edit”.
- Modify the details and finally select the option “Save”.
In the event that you do not want to modify it, but rather delete it completely, you will have to perform the following steps:
- You enter the calendar App.
- Now we select the “Reminder” what do you want “Remove”
- A new window will appear where we select the 3 points next to “Edit”.
- Next we select the option of “Delete”.
- Finally, a notice will appear where you will be asked if you are sure to delete said reminder, we select “Delete”.
- Once done said task will have been deleted of your device.
Enable or disable notifications for Google Calendar events and reminders
So that you can be more aware of your events and that they are not overlooked, you can activate your notifications, but if you don’t agree with this you can simply disable them. Keep in mind that you can configure these events to send you notifications either to your Smartphone, computer or by Gmail email.
Thanks to this google tool it is a very manageable app you can configure all or just one of your events scheduled to be remembered on a specific date. Keep in mind that activating these notifications will allow you to be more aware of your to-do list, this will prevent some of them from being forgotten and not being carried out.
So here we show you how to activate or disable Calendar reminder notifications:
Enable or disable Google Calendar notifications
- The first will be enter the Calendar, either from the computer or mobile phone.
- If you do it from the mobile device in the upper left part click on the menu option, which is represented by three parallel lines.
- Then you slide the screen to the end and select the option of “Setting”.
- Now click on the option “General”.
- The next thing will be to click on the “Calendar notifications”.
- There you can select if “Activate” or “Deactivate” such notifications. You can also select the tone of them, such as programming a sound of “Emergency”.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉