Using robots for chats is a good idea when you want to automate your marketing campaigns on Facebook Messenger. For this reason, it is convenient that you know what are the benefits that chatbots provide and why you should choose them.
This information can be found in detail in the following paragraphs. But this is not all, we will also talk about the steps you must follow to create your own bot quickly and safely.
Do not miss anything because we will tell you what they are the best tools external to Facebook that you can use to have a chatbot as large companies use.
What are the main benefits of using Bots for Facebook Messenger?
As you may have already realized, your reality as an entrepreneur is that you cannot be 24 hours connected to Facebook. So if a potential customer writes to you just as you log off Who will attend your query? The truth is that The longer you take to respond, the more likely it is that the customer will lose interest in your product or service.
Well, with chatbots this possibility is eliminated forever, since when using them the response is immediate. What’s more, you can customize them according to the needs of your service or company. You can choose to redirect the person who writes you to your website. Or maybe put her in contact with a human or tell you the price of a certain product. With the technological advances made in bots, there are many functions that you can apply to make them simpler and more varied at the same time.
So another advantage is its ease of adaptation to your strategy. On the other hand, every time you employ task automation you also save time, effort and personnel who have to attend to the mail or the switchboard. Finally, when you incorporate a bot you will have the certainty that customer service parameters are 100% met. This ensures that customer orientation is up and running and unaffected by human action.
Learn step by step how to create a bot to automate your marketing campaigns on Facebook Messenger
Next, we will tell you the step by step you must do to create a bot to professionalize your marketing campaigns in FB Messenger:
Create a page in FB
The first thing you should do is have a Facebook page. For this reason, you will have to do these steps:
- If you have not created it yet, you can go to the official website
facebook.com, create your own user on Facebook and log in. Then you will have to go to the option “Pages”.
- Next, you will have to select the tool “Create page.”
- Configure the same. To do this, you must enter the name (of your personal brand or company), the buttons and your first publication.
- After that invite your first followers and ready.
Download the Facebook Messenger application
Search the App Store or Play Store for the app Facebook Messenger.
Later from this, continue with this process:
- Once you have found the app, you will have to click on “Install” or in “Download”.
- Wait a few seconds for it to install correctly on your mobile. Then click on the button “To open”.
- Enter your username and password to sync with your account.
The truth is that you can use this integrated tool through the platform on your computer. However, Using it on your mobile allows you to have better control of what happens in conversations. Especially if the objective is for the bot to direct customers to your personal messaging.
Choose an external application
In the market there are dozens of platforms that facilitate the creation of Chatbots for FB. Most of these are free and easy to use. A second step, after create your Fan Page on Facebook is to choose one of these. Later you will know three alternatives from which to choose, whichever you choose, the procedure is very similar. For now look how to continue with one of the most famous, ManyChat.
Get started with ManyChat
Once you complete the previous steps, go to the ManyChat.com website and continues like this:
- Look for the button “Get Star Free” for a free account.
- Done this, you must login with your FB account and give access to the necessary permissions.
- Tyou will have to insert some general information like what is your business sector, how big is the company and other similar elements.
- Then you have to select the page where the chatbot will be directed you want, in case you have more than one.
- Also, you must add data such as the type of business of your Fan Page.
- By last, choose FB Messenger among the options in which you will use the robot.
Set the welcome message
It is time to prepare the external tool to perfect your marketing campaign and surprise your audience, the steps you will have to do are:
- One time inside in the ManyChat panel and with your linked account choose the option “Settings” in the left menu.
- Within this section select the tool “Custom Fields” to configure the welcome message.
- Fill in the box “Greeting Text” with the first message your potential customer will see.
Remember that once the person clicks “Send Message” you must authorize the process to continue the conversation. For this, you will have to configure the button “Begin”. So the bot will start the chat within FB in a few seconds. Because of this, the first message should be attractive and natural. For example, “Hi, how I can help you?”.
Create a message sequence
Set the time between messages:
- In option “Messenger”Within the same settings, you can make more advanced message sequences.
- You have to choose between three alternatives “Defaul Reply” (the first message after starting), “Welcome Message” (welcome message) or “Main Menu” (Option menu).
- In this point You must select the messaging strategy that best suits your type of service or product.
Do not forget to manage other important points such as the language, the menu and the administrators who will have access. Remember that the complexity of the chatbot depends on how far you want to go. A recommendation is to use a maximum of two or three alternative answers. This will allow you to steer your follower to the point where you want them to go. With this in mind you will not complicate your strategy, but it will work for capture buyer personas.
The answers to each of the paths must be concise and have a reasonable amount of time for them to appear on the customer’s screen. For the latter, it is recommended that the answer is not instantaneous, but it takes a few seconds (the same as it would take a person to type the message). Do not forget to do your tests once you finish this point. Lastly, remember to add the link on your page “Send Message”. See how to integrate this button in the easiest way.
An important point is that the customer has access to the button “Send Message” in the main tab of the Fan Page.
For this reason, you should keep this process in mind:
- To choose the button you must open your page and select the tool “Edit page.”
- After this choose the option “Buttons” in the edit menu and click on it.
- Check which is the main action button, if it is send mail, use app or book. If you see that you need to modify it, please correct it.
- Click on the button in the center you want to replace.
- In order to Finalize, click on the function “Choose another button.” You have to choose “Send Message” among the alternatives of “Get in touch”.
List of the best external tools to create chatbots on Facebook Messenger that you should know
We will show you below the best tools outside of Facebook that you can use to create your own chat bot for Messenger:
Why is ManyChat one of the best options to automate your responses? Because it is easy to use, you only need to link your Facebook account and, above all, it is free. In addition, it has many options for configuring and customizing messages, from sending button galleries, inserting links or whatever you want for your leads. In fact, editing answers is as intuitive as working with a web builder.
It is perfect for those initiated into the digital world. Of course, the more complex the conversation, you should pay more attention to the administration. Among other advantages, ManyChat has very useful promotional and analytical tools. One point to consider is that despite being free at the beginning then you will have to switch to a pro version. This only in case your portfolio of clients or followers increases. However, it is a good attempt at the beginning.
On the other hand, if you have a company that grows continuously, a solution is Reply.Al. Here you will have a conversational robot with artificial intelligence. Large companies like Samsung and Coca Cola use this bot, so you can get an idea of its effectiveness. Also has a drag-and-drop creator, which makes it an easy robot to manipulate.
Last but not least, you have to StreamChat, although it is quite basic it is ideal for quick solutions. It is an app for messages such as “We will contact you shortly”. On the other hand, you can link them with other management platforms to Community ManagerIf you are interested, go to the web and choose the button Choose now!. In fact, it was designed in order to be able to add it to the Hootsuite dashboard.
From here it is just as easy to direct the user to a human. You must bear in mind that this tool is a payment proposal, so you can choose other free alternatives such as Botsociety or even Botsify, which gives you a 14-day free trial. While it is true that a developer can help you make a bot from scratch, but it will take longer and spend more money, so Have you already chosen how to create bots for Facebook Messenger?
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉