Nowadays, LinkedIn is considered one of the most powerful social networks in the world and has become the space par excellence for different professionals and companies. Since, it is a platform dedicated to providing its users with new business opportunities and allowing them establish relationships with other professionals directly.
As if that were not enough, this social network presents an optimal functioning for get employees, customers or suppliers, as well as to exchange opinions, acquire new technical knowledge and interface with other social networks easily. Further, To expand your network of contacts, it offers you the possibility of creating groups.
In this sense, LinkedIn groups They have been classified as a utility to make yourself known, manage various contacts on the social network and communicate directly with other professionals. Therefore, it is essential to know how to create a group on LinkedIn to establish your own communication dynamically and here, we will teach you the steps to do it.
What are all the types of groups that can be created on LinkedIn?
While it is true, LinkedIn groups are considered an ideal tool for to greatly refine your connections with other users of this platform. Given that, through this tool, it is very easy to bring together different professionals who belong to the same sector or those people who have the same interests at a professional or commercial level.
Through the groups of said platform, each user will have the possibility to share their opinions, concerns and experiences, as well as provide effective orientation plans and establish successful relationships in terms of employment. Thus, in addition to functioning as a kind of forum, they are also a key and powerful utility as online marketing tool. Now, regarding these communities on LinkedIn, different types of groups are distinguished that users have the possibility to found.
Therefore, in order for the group to become an interesting discussion space to attract professionals of the same profile, it is relevant to know which are each and every one of these types available to choose from:
Also called “Public groups”, Open groups consist of those groups that constantly appear in the results of searches made on LinkedIn. As a consequence, the content of the debates that will be raised in a community of this type, will be visible to any user of the social platform. Among other characteristics, we highlight that the content of the conversations carried out in the published groups, will be automatically indexed in search engines, in order to optimize SEO.
Furthermore, members of this class of groups, can be seen by anyone who accesses it. Therefore, any user of the social network will have the possibility to join an open group, freely. Which will be able to maintain an automated interaction, by sharing the debates in question via Facebook or Twitter But, it should be noted that, any member can be moderated by the owner of this clan.
These basically refer to those groups known as “Not public” that do not appear in the search results of users who are not part of it. As, by default, they are not visible to other profiles. Thus, the only way available to enter it, will be requesting the input to the moderator. In other words, you will have to receive an invitation to the closed group in order to be a member of it.
This, through a direct link that will be sent by the same administrator. In this sense, all the debates held in a community of LinkedIn of this type, can only be viewed by its members. So, mostly, they are used to obtain better privacy in the social network and to be able to segment its members (for example: only women or men, only certain professionals or only Spanish residents).
Why should you create your own group on LinkedIn? Advantages and benefits
By excellence, LinkedIn It has become the space of professionals and they do what is in their power to benefit from all the tools provided by said social network. Among these utilities are groups of LinkedIn with those who it is very easy to create your own community on the platform.
Now, beyond knowing that a group in LinkedIn can become a utility of marketing truly powerful online, users also want to understand why it is so advantageous to create your own group in the professional social network.
Which is why, below, we will present the main pros of founding a group on LinkedIn:
- Allow set an exclusive space as a meeting point for professionals who are of great help to obtain new knowledge about your sector with valuable information.
- They are optimal for generate networking in the social network, easily. Therefore, they will increase your visibility on the platform, attract customers, detect new suppliers, acquire more opportunities and improve your communication skills.
- They offer you the possibility of simplify connection with all your contacts, in order to share concerns and generate highly relevant debates.
- As administrator or moderator of the group you establish, you can increase visits to your LinkedIn profile. With which, you will gain much more presence on the website.
Learn step by step how to create a LinkedIn group to create your own professional community
If you want to found your own professional community within the great universe of LinkedIn, the best thing is that you choose to create your own place in “LinkedIn Groups” In order to keep in touch with those users with whom you have common interests or belong to the same work sector.
For which, it will be necessary that you carry out the following steps from your computer:
- First of all, access your social network account and, on the left side of the panel, click on “Groups”.
- Later, a new window will open and there, you have to press the button that indicates “Create a new group” and is located in the upper right corner of the box.
- Then, start filling in the information they request. That is, the following: Group image or logo, group name, description, sector, location, group rules, group visibility, and permissions.
- Specifically, in the Sector section, you have the option of adding up to three different sectors with which your new group is linked.
- In the Location boxSimply choose to enter the location and from the drop-down menu, choose the applicable location.
- After, in Group Visibility, you have two options with which you will set the type of group to create. If you want to keep your group open and visible in searches, select the “Published” box. But, if you prefer not to be visible in searches for LinkedIn, choose “Not public”.
- Now, through the Permissions section, you can further customize your new community. Taking into account that, if you want the members of your team to invite other users, you will have to click on “Allow members to invite their contacts”.
- To conclude, just subtract press the “Create” button at the bottom, to establish your new group on the social network.
For more details, it is appropriate to highlight that, You only have the ability to manage up to 30 LinkedIn groups at the same time and create only three per day. On the other hand, if you prefer to perform this procedure from the comfort of your mobile device, you have to carry out certain steps depending on the operating system with which your smartphone works.
Therefore, below, we mention what you should do both on Android and also on iOS:
Through the mobile app and from your account LinkedIn, access your profile and touch your Photo. Afterward, head to the bottom to the section “Groups” and click on “SEE ALL GROUPS”. Finally, in the upper right corner, click on “New” and start entering the corresponding information.
In this case, you also have to enter your profile and press the photo in question. Later, scroll down to the section “Groups” at the bottom and click on “See all groups”. Now, click on “Create” and fill in the information requested by the system.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉