YouTube is one of the best known and most used social networks to obtain an economic return being a user. Once the category of “YouTube Partner” it is possible to get approximately 1 euro for every 1,000 visits.
But get to that starting number it is a challenge if we do not provide adequate attention and work to the channel. Besides the creativity, originality Y quality content that we have to dump, it is necessary that the design of our covers be interesting and eye-catching.
For that it is essential, among other things, have an original logo that helps us to distinguish ourselves from the rest. In this post you will learn how to do one like a professional.
What are the dimensions indicated for the logo of my YouTube channel?
While the videos they are the main thing in this social network, images play an important role, especially to provide identity a channel. Within it we can find banners, video thumbnails, cover and profile picture. The latter is of vital consideration, since will appear on all playback interfaces. Regardless of whether the user has entered your channel or that is a foreign spectator. It is also one of the most used ways to enter a user’s profile.
In the particular case of this image, proportions will be more important than size. The minimum recommended dimensions for this element is 800 x 800 pixels. It may be of higher quality, however, YouTube will process it to a smaller size. The length and width of the image will always be the same. Showing a square appearance. However, in practice will be surrounded by a circular frame, which is what is shown in the channel and under each video playback.
Types of Logos How do I know which is the most suitable for my channel?
Before continuing with the Step by Step it is important to decide what will the image be that you will use as the channel profile. Especially, if you want to become a youtuber professional, you should pay attention to the logo you will use. exist four categorizations for a logo given its content and shape. Each of them will be more or less suitable for your channel.
This will depend on the kind of content you dedicate your videos to:
- Logo. It is a image composed of a series of words. That is to say they are typographic letters that make up a word. Some examples of this category are Google or Sony. If you haven’t decided yet what shape your brand will take, starts with a logo. Are less complicated to create and they can always mutate or evolve in other ways.
- Imagotype. Like the previous category, this type of brand has one or more words, but accompanied by an image or symbol. They are separated by an empty space and can be used individually. Puma or Yamaha are examples of it. This way of representing a brand it is more dynamic and you can use it on your channel when you have one more defined identity or a specific theme.
- Isologo. Similar to the previous one, with the difference that the textual and symbolic element make up a single body. Thus, they cannot be used separately. This type of logo offers a greater impact, especially in small images such as profile photos.
- Isotype. These are designs with a higher degree of abstraction than the previous ones. Although it may contain typographical resources such as initials, by themselves they do not mean anything. The best examples for the category are General Electric or Apple. Keep in mind that, if you are going to use this type of mark in your profile, you will have to have a good positioning and in turn the image must have a lot pregnancy.
Learn step by step how to create an original logo for your YouTube channel
Taking into account the above considerations, it is time to learn how to create a logo for your channel and use the best tools to translate your idea into a brand.
Although, companies hire the services of professional designers, if we are starting, you can do it with one of these methods:
From the phone
To create a logo from the comfort of your mobile, the best option is the app Canva. You can download it at PlayStore from Android or the store Manzana.
The steps for this are as follows:
- Sign up or log in to the platform. It is possible to link Facebook or Google.
- Type in the search bar “YouTube icon”. A series of recommendations and a template will appear “In white”.
- We will use the latter.
- Click on the blank canvas and then you will see three buttons below.
- In “Gallery” you can take pictures and find files that are stored on your phone.
- “Image” works as a search engine in the library Online application.
- As for the button “Colour” it is possible to choose them from the palette or write a specific color code.
- Press the sign “+” to go adding more items to design.
- When finished press the button “Check” listed in a top corner.
- Choose how to save it on your device. We recommend you “Save as image”.
From the computer
If you want to get a more elaborate design and work with more powerful tools For further customization, it is best to do it from the computer and using software such as Adobe photoshop. Don’t worry if you’ve never used it before.
Just follow these steps:
- Create a new document with the measurements 800 x 800 px and a resolution of 72 dpi.
- Next, add a background by adding a new fill layer and choose “uniform color”.
- Drag the circle in the palette until you get the one you think is appropriate.
- To add text, first choose the color and then press the button “T” on the side panel. E indicates the area where it will be located.
- You can vary the font and the chosen color with the tools of the top bar. As long as you have selected the text. You also have the utility of resize Y rotation of each element. You just have to select it and move the end points.
- Add a new layer to continue adding texts.
- Drag images from Windows Explorer to add elements.
- (Optional) Use effects such as strokes, shadows, or glows.
- Save the editable file to your computer by pressing “Ctrl + G”.
- When you think it’s finished, go to the menu “Archive”, “To export” Y “Save for web”.
- Within this window make sure that the size and quality are correct.
- Press “Save” and choose the file where it will be stored.
List of the best programs and applications to create a logo for your YouTube channel
Yes You do not want get bogged down in complicated programs and don’t have the time or dedication to create a logo from scratch, you can always go to other apps that will make your work easier.
To help you with this as well, we have put together a list of the best 5:
This app has more than 3 thousand templates with modifiable logos and hundreds of fonts to add. You can also customize the size, color and transparency of all the elements. It is found in the Android and iOS virtual catalogs.
If you need a quick logo, you should not stop trying this app. Creates designs in a matter of moments and with results of great impact. Add textures, colors and three-dimensional effects.
Everything you need is in this iPhone application. Texts, textures and your own image library.
The platform promises to create a logo on your page it won’t take you more than five minutes. Enter your brand name and the site will return you dozens of designs. Choose any of them and customize them even more.
Like the previous example, this site is a powerful logo creation engine. Establishes design priorities such as typographic styles, colors and objects. The result will seem amazing to you.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉