While it is true, emojis and emoticons have transformed the way in which human beings communicate through the different chat or instant messaging apps and through social networks. That being, a fashion to which both young and old have adapted.
This means that very few users escape the use of emojis and emoticons, thanks to the fact that they are elements that have managed to simplify communications. But, beyond them, some known as “Memojis” emerged that are much more personalized and have captured the attention of the general public.
Therefore, to learn more about this novel trend that has not gone unnoticed by the tech giants, it is appropriate to define what are emojis about and how they differ from a common emoji. Like, explain the steps to create these elements from an Android device or with an iOS.
What is a Memoji and how is it different from a conventional emoji?
To begin with, it should be noted that the so-called Memojis are an Apple invention that emerged together with the facial recognition function of the iPhone and, therefore, they are virtual avatars that can completely customize the result.
Indeed, a Memoji can be defined as an emoji that has the ability to adapt to the facial characteristics of the user in question And, in addition, take into account those details such as hair color, freckles, accessories you use, etc. In order to provide a result that is absolutely similar to the appearance of the person who creates it.
Thus, Apple was the only company in charge of popularizing Memojis in the digital world and, thanks to the excellent approval that these virtual avatars had by the public, there are many platforms that put the focus on it. However, so far, Apple, starting with its iOS operating system, is the only one that reveals the easiest way to obtain this type of emojis. As, are generated by means of a photo of anyone using an iPhone from the tenth generation.
On the other hand, with respect to the distinction that a Memoji presents around a conventional emoji, it is based on the fact that the first are fully customizable and larger than ordinary emojis. Whereas, they can reflect your personality and even your mood being created from scratch. Instead, emojis are totally generalized elements that are present in many instant messaging apps and they do not provide any distinctive value depending on each user.
Steps to create your own Memojis on your Android and iOS smartphone
Although it is a native function of the iPhone and it is a proposal initiated by Apple, the truth is that there are other ways that people who do not use the iOS operating system can use to manage to create your own custom emojis. For this reason, there is currently a mechanism that is adapted to Android devices for this. Taking into account that, although it cannot be carried out from a function of the same OS, it is actually a very simple procedure.
Having clarified this, we proceed to specify each of the steps that must be followed, both on an Android and an iPhone, to build the Memojis you want easily and quickly:
Although, nowadays, there are several mechanisms that Android users can use to obtain their personalized Memojis, it is important to specify one of the simplest ways of all in this post. Which, is carried out through an application known as Bitmoji that you can download directly from the Google Play Store and is free.
Without a doubt, it refers to the most famous mobile app for create stickers with your Memoji on Android without any complications. Valuing that, among its advantages, we find that it will not only provide you with personalized emojis with your face, but that you can also get these full leather Memojis, with costumes and even customize them with different hairstyles or clothes.
Now, it is time to explain each of the steps to follow to create Memojis with the help of Bitmoji on Android devices:
- First of all, you must access the application store or the Play Store.
- Once the download process is complete, proceed to open the app in question and there, you can register using your Snapchat account or through your email. During this registration process, you will have to indicate your birthday, create your account with the requested information and choose your gender (male or female).
- Next, the app will ask you if you want take a selfie, which will be used as a guide to show you the process of creating your Memoji on the screen. That is, it is not a photograph to generate your custom emoji automatically.
- Now when you look at all the selections available in Bitmoji, you will have to go option by option to shape the face of your emoji and thus, create the Memoji in question as you wish.
- In this point, start choosing your skin tone, hair color, hairstyle, hair treatment, shape, size and color of eyes, eyebrows, eyelashes, nose, glasses, jaw, lips, ears, facial features, clothing and even accessories.
- Finally, it is time to generate your virtual avatar clicking on the last icon of the row that shows a check. There, proceed to press the button “Save avatar” and then in “Continue”. If you want to use the Bitmoji Keyboard, proceed to set it up or else just click on “Skip” (from the upper right corner).
Done all this, you can use your Memoji in applications like WhatsApp, Telegram, Messenger and Line, for example. Taking into account that, just by clicking on the image created in Bitmoji, you can select the app where you prefer to use it (in the menu that they show you).
Fortunately, through this operating system, Memojis can be created natively. Since, it was an initiative constituted by Apple, specifically through its iPhone equipment from the facial recognition function, as we discussed earlier. Considering that these custom emojis nowadays can also be used from iPads.
In this sense, it is appropriate to note that users of the Apple operating system can create Memoji stickers on all devices with iOS 13 or iPadOS. In addition to that, they require an iPhone X (or a later model) and an iPad Pro to have the ability to create and use animated Memojis without any limitation.
Next, we present the procedure indicated to create, free, a personalized emoji from iOS 13 and with the Messages application belonging to Apple:
- Starts with access the Messages application and once you open it, proceed to press the indicated icon to compose or start a new message (or directly from an existing chat).
- Second, you have to press the Animoji icon (identifies with the face of an animated monkey) and there, slide your finger up to click on “New Memoji (+)”.
- Now, it’s time to customize the features of your own Memoji, as explained during the process from an Android. That is, changing the skin tone, eyes, hairstyle, accessories, etc.
- Finally, you will simply have to tap on “OK” in the upper right corner to save this creation and ready.
Additionally, it is also important to know how you can send an animated Memoji or a Memoji sticker from the Messages app and here we specify each of the steps to be executed for this case:
- Go to Messages and click on the corresponding icon to start a new message Or you can do it from an existing conversion.
- Then tap the Animoji icon and swipe to the left of the panel to select the Memoji in question.
- Thereafter, tap the icon to record and thus, you can choose a different Memoji with the same recording that will have a maximum duration of 30 seconds. When you do that, just enough press the icon to stop.
- To conclude, you just have to press the indicated arrow icon to send your custom emoji.
Apart from this, on iPhone and iPad, too you can use your Memoji through FaceTime and the correct way to do it is the one that we present below:
- First of all, access the FaceTime app and start a call with the contact you want.
- Once said call begins, press the star icon and select the custom emoji you prefer to use.
- Thus, you can now make the FaceTime call with your Memoji and in case you want to continue without this virtual avatar, simply tap the X icon to remove it.
- In case you want to change the Memoji during the call, what you should do is press the X icon and press the star icon again to choose a different one.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉