The operating system Windows 7 it allows you create accounts for multiple users to have access to different types of settings at the same time, according to each person.
But this is not all, you can also create different hierarchical levels to improve privacy and computer control. If you want to know how it is done and what are the advantages of using this tool, we invite you to continue reading.
You can find in the following paragraphs the number of user accounts that can be created in the same Windows and the step by step to have more than one profile.
What are the benefits of creating new user accounts in Windows 7?
When you have different accounts on your Windows 7 computer, you can get these benefits:
- You will have the possibility of what several people can use the same equipment, so you will save money significantly.
- Each user will have their account personalized on a single computer. This will allow you to have a different wallpaper and a theme configured according to the taste of each one.
- Files and documents will be stored by each account, so that a user who is not the creator of that file will not be able to access it from their profile. This has the benefit of increasing the privacy of the information.
- No need to make general settings on each account. That is, by entering the password only once Wifi it will work for all users. This also applies to other items, for example the activation timeout of lock screen.
- As there are different levels of user, not everyone will be able to install or delete programsas this task is unique to the administrator account.
How many user accounts can be created on the same Windows?
There are 3 types of accounts that you can create in the same Windows operating system. The main one is called Administrator, and you have privileges to install and remove programs, change key settings, and create the other types of accounts. The other type of user that you can find in Windows is called Standard, which has access to a large part of the computer, but cannot modify privileges or change important settings.
Finally, you can find the account Invited, with which the person does not have an assigned name and can only perform limited tasks. Thus, on a Microsoft operating system there may be any number of Administrator accounts you want and other types of users. You must bear in mind that this number will be limited according to the capacity of the computer. It is not recommended to have more than one account Administrator, This is to strengthen user privacy and computer control.
Learn step by step how to create new user accounts in Windows 7
To create new user accounts in Windows 7 you must do this step by step:
- Click on the Start Menu and go to windows control panel.
- Look for the option Add or remove User accounts and click on it. This will open a window called Account manager.
- In the new popup box you will have to select the tool Create a new account.
- Enter name that the user will have.
- Choose the privileges you will have. To do this, you must choose between Standard User or Administrator.
- To end click on Create Account.
When you want to change the access password to the account you just created, you will have to follow this guide:
- On the control panel Choose Manage account.
- Click on the username in which you want to edit the account.
- Choose the option Make changes to your account [nombre del usuario].
- make click on Create a password.
- Writes in the fields New Password Y Confirm new password the access code.
- Then press in Create a password.
In case you want edit the user’s photo you will have to follow the same steps, but choose the option Change the picture. This will take you to choose a default image or if you want to change it for a custom one, you will have to click on Find more images. This will bring up the file explorer and you can select the image you want. To finish, you will have to click on Change the picture and finally in To accept.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉