As an essential requirement for the correct use of internet capabilities, having an email is as easy as it is necessary. There are many portals that offer to act as providers with which to grant you your e-mail account so that you can start sending and receiving emails with whoever you need, or even register on countless online sites using that account as an identifier. Access to this service is something affordable, and it is that large companies have made a powerful effort in provide it to any interested party.
It has not just become something to access while browsing and looking for the proposals of, for example, Google with Gmail; now it’s also something you can get by the mere fact of having hired a telephone line. There are telephone operators that also grant their clients the possibility of having an e-mail with their domain, and the only requirement they demand is that they register as their users after having contracted their services.
The rest is an uncomplicated process that usually brings more advantages and benefits than disadvantages. This is the case that applies if you look at OR NOT. The company, now part of the Vodafone communications complex, allows all your customers to enjoy their own email in exchange for simple requirements. In this little guide that we bring you, we are going to explain to you how to create an email account at ONO, only if you are a customer of them.
Register an email account at ONO @ ono.com
Besides this, we will also teach you everything you must do and configure to access the trays of this mail and use it without difficulties whether you are using an email manager on your computer, or if you are a smartphone user who wants to always carry the email with you.
Register an email account at ONO @ ono.com It is a process that requires a series of previous steps to be carried out effectively. The creation of the account itself is not complicated, but it does require that you first complete a series of mandatory tasks. Without them, you cannot start and create your email.
1 – Enter the client area
And the first thing you have to do is be an ONO customer, belonging to Vodafone. If you have contracted any type of line with them, what you should do is enter the Clients Area and register as such. Go to the web https://www.ono.es/clientes/ entering the URL in the browser and, once inside, click on “signup”.
2 – Fill in the registration form
Now you must enter several very important data to properly identify yourself:
- First, your alternative e-mail, which will act as your identity as a user
- Then, choose the document with which to identify yourself (NIF, CIF, NIE or Passport)
- The type of identification (landline, customer identifier or last 4 digits of the bank account)
- Accept the terms and legal conditions
Having done all this, filling in the fields and checking the box of acceptance of the legal conditions, continue by clicking on the button “Sign up”.
3 – Verify your email
At this point, you will have to confirm your email by replying to the one you receive from the team. Go to your inbox, open mail from ONO and follow the instructions on it to move forward.
After this, it only remains to establish a password (if possible, alphanumeric), confirm it and proceed to conclude with your registration as a client. Now, touch register the ONO email account.
4 – Login to ONO
Head back to Client area and log in by entering the email indicated during registration, along with the password you just entered to complete the previous process.
5 – Configure your control panel
Once you are in your profile and have the user panel in front of you. You must access the section of “My products”And search, among the“Advantage”That appear, access to email@example.com. Click on this option. Now go to the section “Create Account” and, again, click on it to continue moving forward.
Once here, you only have choose the name you want for your email account in ONO, as well as a password with which to shield access (remember, alphanumeric, personal and non-transferable, if you do not want problems due to identity theft).
If you have followed all these steps as we have indicated and explained, your new email address will now be available for your joy and enjoyment. Now, the next section is know how to configure it to access both from your PC and from your phone without resorting to the webmail service.
How to configure the ONO email account?
Both on computers and mobile phones it is possible configure the ONO email account. It is important, of course, to know that a series of essential parameters must be established so that both the incoming and outgoing servers work without problems. Any small mistake when entering data can cause the information not to be synchronized well and, therefore, you cannot use the mail until you fix it.
Fortunately, the parameters are shared on both PC and Android and iPhone. Next, we are going to explain how you should proceed in any of these platforms to have your email active in a matter of minutes.
ONO Email for PC
Open the program you want to use to manage your email. In this example we are going to follow the most frequent and common, given its popularity, Microsoft Outlook. It is important to know that, although the access to the configuration parameters may be different from other software, the values and data entered do not change. Also, depending on which version of Outlook you use, the nomenclature of the accesses may vary.
- Once booted outlook, click on “Tools”And, within the drop-down menu that appears, click on“Choices”.
- In this new window, you should look at the tab that appears at the top and click on the one with the text written “Mail configuration”. In this way you will access the section dedicated to this type of configuration.
- The next thing is, within this new section, click on “E-mail accounts…”.
- Once here, you will have in front of you all the emails that you have previously linked to Outlook, or none if it is the first time you access. Óbvialos and click on “New…”. Now, the moment of connect your ONO e-mail.
- First, leave the option checked “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP” and click on “Next”. If it is not marked, click on the circle that corresponds to it so that it is.
- The form that appears now asks for several important information. First, fill in with the name that you want to be linked to your email in Outlook, and then write the data belonging to said email account. That is, your address (firstname.lastname@example.org), the password you set to access it and the repetition of it to confirm that it has been entered correctly.
- After that, check the manual configuration box and click on “Next”. Go ahead and accept until you reach the window of “Internet email settings”, a point of vital importance.
- Now, you have to enter various details about the ONO email server. Leave the POP3 option active in the account type.
- On the incoming server write: “Pop3.ono.com” (without quotes)
- Outgoing mail: “Smtp.ono.com” (without quotes)
- Regarding the username and password, Use your email in the first field and in the second the password that you established at the time.
- Although the ports should have been set automatically, click on “More settings …”And go to the section“Advanced”In the window that appears. Check that:
- The incoming server port is 110
- At the start on 25.
All this done, the rest is already proceed and advance so that your account is linked. With the data already established, Outlook will automatically synchronize itself to receive all the emails and manage all the ones you send through it using your newly connected ONO email.
ONO Mail for Android and iPhone
In the case of wanting to synchronize the email account with your Android cell phone or iPhone, you must follow a process that differs slightly in both, but that use the same data of the previous one.
- In the first case, you should go to the “Settings”, then “Accounts” and click on “Add Account”. There, click on “Mail”.
- In the case of iPhone, go also to “Settings“, Then click on”Add Account“, in “Other”And finally in “Add email account”.
- Fill in the two fields with the your ONO e-mail address and password that corresponds to you, and click on “Manual setup”.
- Choose “POP3”And fill in the first page of settings using the input:
- Server: pop3.ono.com
- Port: 110
- No security or anything else
- Click on “Next”.
- On the next screen, enter the data pertaining to the outgoing server:
- Server: smtp.ono.com
- Port: 25
- Always remember that the username is the email and your password is the same as this one.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉