Account systems are something that has been established on countless platforms within the IT and network sectors.. Large companies have moved to bring together their users in order to have better control of the number of people who use their services and, in return, provide them with a series of important advantages through tools, programs and other utilities more and more meaning in today’s society.
Thus, we find Google and your accounts or with Microsoft and yours. The latter, the company responsible for the more than popular Windows operating system (and its string of versions), has spent years forging its user profile system and giving it countless different names until it settled on the current one. In fact, one of the most popular names has been Windows Live ID, the one that at the time was so linked to the already defenestrated MSN Messenger.
You’ve probably come here looking to find out how to create a Windows Live ID account, and we’re sorry to tell you that there is no way to do it today. This denomination was long forgotten to be renamed Microsoft account and, although they have different names, deep down they are exactly the same, since they allow access to the range of services and proposals of the parents of Windows.
How to register a free Windows ID Live account? Now Microsoft Accounts
If you want to know then what is there What to do to register a new user profile in the Microsoft account system, you are in the right place. They may have renamed and added more features, but the new Windows Live IDs They continue to aim to offer you all the possible advantages in a completely unified environment designed so that you only have comforts and possibilities at your fingertips. We explain everything you need to know in this guide.
If you don’t know how to register a free Live ID account, this section is ready to give you the solution you need. This user system, which over time has ended up becoming Microsoft Accounts, has a registration process that is carried out in very few steps and that allows you to even use an old email to do it. In the following sections, we are going to explain the procedure to follow whether you want to reuse your email or want something completely different.
You can register an ID Live account, or Microsoft Account, with an email that you had previously available. To obtain it, you just have to follow the instructions that we are going to give you in the following points:
- Open the web browser of your PC or your smartphone to go to the live system registration page. To do this, you just have to write the URL that we leave you below in the address bar: https://login.live.com/.
- You are in the login menu in the Microsoft account system. Instead of trying to login, you just have to click on the phrase “Create one” to start with the registration of your new account.
- On the next screen, all you have to do is fill in the field that appears available with the email you previously have and that you want to use for this new Live ID. If you don’t have an email, click on “Get a new email address“and you can create one with the endings”@ outlook.es“,”@ outlook.com“or”@ hotmail.com“If you already have an email, write it and click on”Next”.
- The next step is as simple as write an access password. You have to enter it in the new field on the screen, but we recommend doing it carefully. Combine letters, numbers and, if possible, symbols to strengthen security and avoid unwanted logins.
- To go profiling your Microsoft account, You will also be asked for some additional information. At this point, you should start with write both your name and your surname in the two spaces that you have available. Do it and click on “Next”.
- Now, it’s time to set your country or region and also your date of birth. It is easy to do it, since you only have to click on each drop-down and choose the corresponding value in the lists that appear. Once you have it ready, click again on “Next”.
- To check that your email is correct and you are not impersonating anyone, Microsoft will send an email at this time that you should look at in the inbox of the email address that you wrote to register. Take a look at it and look for said message. When you find it open it and copy the security code you have, since you must enter it in the registration window to advance.
- Now fill in the new field with the digits that appear in the image, respecting upper and lower case letters, and press “Next”.
- After this step, you will be asked if the information is correct and you want to continue. You just have to click on “It looks good!” to be able to move on.
- After this, your Live ID is already open and ready to go. From now on, you can access all its functions and extra services that are available.
Without having email
If you don’t have an email address to enter when opening your Live ID profile, you also have the opportunity to do it without any inconvenience. Microsoft offers you two different ways to register, and here we are going to explain the process step by step:
- As we have explained in the previous section, you must access the Microsoft account registration page, previously live id, through the browser. Open this and enter the following URL in the corresponding bar: https://login.live.com/.
- When you do, in the window that appears you must go directly to the section “Create one”, Accompanied by “Don’t have an account?”And click on it.
- Now, instead of filling in the available field with an email address, you have two options:
- “Use a phone number instead“
- “Get a new email address“
- Both processes are simple, but here we are going to focus on the second to, incidentally, get an email. We click on it.
- It is time to enter the name of this email account. You can choose the termination to use between:
- “@ Outlook.es”
- “@ Outlook.com”
- “@ Hotmail.com”
- Write a unique name, choose extension and click on “Next”.
- After, you have to establish a secure password. Remember that it is important to create an alphanumeric sequence, even with special symbols, to maximize security. After doing so, press the button “Next”.
- After this, you must start entering some personal data to shape your identity as a user. Enter your name and surname in the two fields that appear on the screen and press “Next”.
- Now, do the same with your country of residence and your date of birth. In this section, instead of writing anything, you just have to click on the drop-down boxes and choose the options that correspond to you.
- Fill in the blank that appears after the previous step with the digits in the image, respecting uppercase and lowercase letters, and press the button “Next”.
- Upon completion of the above, your Microsoft account will already be terminated. Now you can start using it in conjunction with your newly created email.
What services does a Microsoft Windows Live account do for me?
Having a Microsoft Windows Live account opens the door to a large number of services that Microsoft makes available to its users. In this section we are going to limit ourselves to reviewing the most important ones that currently exist, although there are many more waiting for you to take advantage of them after having registered this profile in the company’s account system. Take a look below:
The Xbox app, available in Windows 10, allows you to connect your Windows Live account with your console Xbox One to sync contacts, keep track of games and achievements, and chat with your friends, among many other things.
Skype is a perfect tool to talk in both individual and group chats, organize meetings both by video call as per traditional call and even share documents. To make login in Skype both on pc and smart devices you just need your microsoft account and password.
Some GB of cloud storage for you to make backup copies or share large files with other people. It’s free, and fully accessible from the moment you register your live id.
The moment you finish registering your microsoft account, you are allowed to browse your new email in Outlook. This online platform is in charge of managing all your email, as well as providing you with a series of additional tools that are quite useful to communicate with others.
You can have access to the entire catalog of apps, programs, tools and video games from the Microsoft Store with your new Windows Live id profile. This company’s digital store has a vast repertoire of resources that you can enjoy both for free and for paying.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉