LinkedIn is the ideal platform for all those who need to find new job opportunities or simply looking to connect with professionals in their sector.
With this in mind, here users are given the ability to customize your profile url to improve. In this sense, we will talk to you about how change and personalize it.
Is a very simple procedure and that very few users actually take advantage of. It brings great benefits in the short and long term. If you want to know more about the subject, keep reading.
What are the benefits of having a custom URL on LinkedIn?
Specialists recommend that you proceed to customize the URL of your LinkedIn profile for multiple reasons. First, it is perfect to position yourself better in search engines, because a “Clean” URL will be easier to search When someone wants to find you In addition, it is perfect for differentiate yourself when there are professionals with very similar names to yours. If you Url is clean, your chances of showing up first are broader.
Other than that, if you make a Short and simple url, it will be easier for other users to remember. It also serves for times when you should insert your profile on your resume or on any other website to find new job opportunities. By last, makes your profile look much more professional. There are many who take into account even the smallest details like these, since they can be a reflection of your determination to do things well and you order in the work environment.
Nobody likes to meet a disorganized profile! So don’t miss out on this settings to increase your chances of creating a profile much more professional within the platform.
What should we take into account when customizing my profile URL?
When you decide customize url from your profile, there are some considerations to keep in mind.
LinkedIn is very clear on them, so we leave you a list about it:
- Your new URL can be between 5 to 30 letters or numbers.
- Don’t use spaces, special characters, or symbols.
- A good recommendation is use a variant of your professional name or brand because this you will share with contacts. Even in some job application they may ask you.
- When you are going to customize the Url, not case sensitive. This means, it doesn’t matter if you write “JohnMarc”, “JOHNMARC” or “johnmarc”. All those options will lead you to same profile.
- In case the URL you want is not available, choose another or vary it a little.
- There’s a limit of up to five changes what can you do in your Url within a period of six months. When you get to the fifth time, you must wait a period of six months to modify it again. Keep in mind that if you modify the Url Many times, it can be difficult for other users to find you.
- You can revert your old URL immediately after changing it. If you have problems with it, you should contact the support team from the platform.
- If any member uses a URL and then changes it, only the first one will be available to the original owner for a period of six months.
- In case you consider using a URL that has been previously requested, you may be shown a page with the message “Profile not found”.
- All profiles that have additional languages they have the same Url, but LinkedIn takes care of adding the language field at the end. For example, “fr” would be placed at the end of your Url in the profile in French.
- When an account is closed, the Url of that personalized public profile will be available for a period of 180 days since its closing date.
Learn step by step how to change the URL of your LinkedIn profile to customize it
If you want to make your profile look much more worked and with a more professional touch, we recommend you customize your URL. But you should know that Url Custom public profile profiles are available on a first come, first serve basis. In this way, the members of LinkedIn they can have only a public profile url customized at the same time.
Knowing this, the steps to change it are:
- Click on the icon I, which is represented by the silhouette of a person. Find it at the top of the LinkedIn home page.
- Tap on View profile.
- Go into Edit url and public profile on the right side. You will be redirected to the page Public profile settings.
- Inside the section Edit your custom URL located on the right side, click Edit, Next to the Url of your public profile. For example, the address Url will be type: linkedin.com/in/yourname.
- In the text box, write the last part of your new URL.
- Tap on save.
If you are going to perform the procedure through the mobile web browser, you have to:
- Touch your photo Profile.
- Go to section Contacts and select in Edit.
- Within Edit contact information, click your Personal Profile URL. You will be redirected to the page Public profile settings.
- In Edit url, Choose Edit located next to your Url of the public profile.
- Proceed to write the last part of your new url within the text box.
- Tap on save.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉