Surely you are one of the users who is constantly having conversations with different people for Facebook, and for security reasons you want to prevent other people from reading it and the best option in this case is remove them from account.
This social network is characterized because it offers different means of communication among its users, either through the wall, video calls and through chat, where you can establish more private conversations.
However, there is always the risk that the account is hacked wave let’s leave it open in the computer due to some oversight and other people can enter it and read each of the conversations. Because of this, here we are going to explain how you can delete all these messages so that no one else reads them.
Is it possible to delete all Facebook messages at once?
One of the main defects of this platform currently is that it does not have an option enabled that allows its members delete all messages at once.
This cannot be done from the web or from its official application, which becomes quite a tedious process when they love each other delete a large number of conversations, especially if we take into account that many of them are carried out within the social network.
As a solution to all this inconvenience, different browser extensions and mobile apps that they are capable of accomplishing this task. This will facilitate this process whenever you want delete a massive amount of messages from your account. Usually, if you want to keep privacy and security it is recommended delete messages constantly.
Is it safe to use these extensions to delete conversations in bulk in Messenger?
Browser extensions have become a very useful tool for most users, since they take care of facilitate tasks on different websites. This is how today we can find some of them that will help us mass delete conversations stored on this platform, with the aim that none of these chats can be seen by other people.
Despite the great advantage that these tools become, it is also important to take into account the risks of using them. And is that currently there is a large number of malicious extensions that may contain some type of virus or malware infect your PC. Due to this, it is recommended that the user only install those that are added only on the official sites of browsers.
Taking into account that there are many pages that offer browser extensions that contain antispyware and viruses that can affect the equipment, we must be careful when we want to install some of them. Therefore, what can help us improve the experience of a website, may become a problem for the computer in general.
Steps to delete all messages received in your Facebook Messenger account
So, if you have a lot of messages saved in your inbox and you want to start eliminating all or a large part of them and thus prevent third parties can access your conversations. Here we are going to explain what are the main steps that you should run from computer or mobile device.
To do this, follow these methods:
The first method we find is directly from Facebook page or Messenger mobile app. In this case, it is necessary to emphasize that in this way only delete one conversation at a time, what can become a quite long and tedious process if we want to undo a large number of messages
From the web on the computer
If you are using the social network from the computer for more comfort and you want get rid of all the conversations stored there.
Then you will have to perform the steps that we will teach you below:
- The first thing will be to enter your FB account from your computer with your username and password.
- When you have entered the main page you will have to select the icon of messages located in the top bar of your screen.
- There a new window with your latest chats. To be able to see them all you will have to click on “See all”.
- Now a new window will open on the screen where you can see each of your chats. Here you must select the one you want to delete to open the conversation. Keep in mind that you can delete all the chat completely or just some of the messages that you have written.
- Inside the chat window you will find at the top a bar with different tools, Choose tool wheel and there you will find the following options: “Delete conversation”, “Delete message”, “Mute conversation”.
- If you choose the option Delete messages You will notice that each one of them will appear with a box, you will only have to mark the those texts you want to delete.
- In the case you want delete all chat, then there will be no trace of it. In the event that you want to communicate with that person again, you will have to start a new one.
From the Messenger application
In the case that you are one of the users who prefer to use the smartphone to make use of the chat of this social network and therefore you usually use the messenger app for it.
Then you will be able to delete each one of the chats as follows:
- To start you must enter the Messenger app on your smartphone Android or iPhone.
- Then a list with all conversations that you have open in the application.
- Now long press the message you want to undo. There you will see three options, among them you will find the “Recycle Bin”, which we are going to select.
- Next, a window will appear where you will be asked to confirm the action, in it click on “Remove” so that it is completely erased. This procedure must do it with each of the messages you want to delete.
With an extension
As we mentioned earlier, there are some extensions that are capable of deleting all the messages from your Facebook account simultaneouslyto. This is ideal for when you need to delete a large number of messages and thus prevent other users from accessing them. However, you should keep in mind that chats deleted with these extensions they can never be recovered again.
Therefore, to run this process, you will need to follow these steps:
- Enter your browser Google Chrome and go to the 3 points located at the top right of your screen.
- In the menu that appears on the screen select “More tool” and then select “Extensions”.
- Here a new window will open where you can search the extensions you want, to do this click on the “Search bar” and write the following: “Facebook delete all messages”To install it or click on the following link.
- Once installed in your browser, you must go to your social network account, there you enter the message folder so that all conversations appear on the screen.
- In the upper right part of your screen you will see the extension logo in which you will have to click.
- There you select “Open Your Messages”.
- Here you will be sent to a new window where two options will appear, one of which is for delete all and the other will allow you delete only one at a time. The page will warn you what content removal is permanent, for which you must be completely sure when clicking on the option “Delete all.”
- If you are completely sure, simply click on that option and in a few seconds you will be sent to the inbox page.
- Here you can see what appears completely blank since they have deleted all messages.
- In the case you want uninstall the extension since surely you will not need any more of their services for now, simply go to extension icon Y right click on it. Some options will appear on the screen where you select “Uninstall”.
- Then you will get a mini window where you should confirm this action to remove it.
Is it possible to recover deleted conversations from FB Messenger? How do i do it?
You must bear in mind that there is a form of power recover deleted messages from your Facebook account. However, the only way to do it is for you to delete only manually, that is, if you have used a extension to undo all this content unfortunately the content is will lose completely.
So if you want to start recover all this material from your computer or mobile device, you will have to execute the steps that we will explain below:
Retrieve messages from computer
- The first will be log in to facebook from your browser of choice.
- When you have entered you should go to Messenger, to do this click on the message folder located at the top of your screen.
- There you will see a list with your most recent chats where you must click on “See all”.
- Now go to the icon “Settings” so that the available options appear.
- There you must select the option “Archived conversations.”
- In this list you will see all conversations that do not appear in the original list.
- The following will be click on the conversation you want to recover, here you should send you a message so that it automatically reappears in your list of regular conversations.
Retrieve messages from smartphone
- Go to your app Messenger on your mobile device.
- In the search engine you must write user name with whom you have chatted and want retrieve said conversation.
- When you are inside the chat window you should send you a message, this will make the conversation recovers immediately and reappear in your current message list.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉