When install the Telegram application on your mobile device automatically makes a sync with your contact list to see which users also use the app and thus add them to your friends list.
However, it may happen that you end up adding people that you do not want to have there or simply with the passage of time you want cut communication with someone specific and you wish delete it from the app.
Taking these types of aspects into account, here we are going to explain how you can start remove contacts from messaging on all your devices fast and easy.
Learn step by step how to delete contacts from your Telegram easily and quickly on all your devices
If for some reason you want to start cleaning in your Telegram contact list and you don’t know how to start with it, so here we are going to explain each of the procedures step by step depending on the device you are using.
To do this, follow in detail each of the methods that we are going to teach you below:
On Android and iOS mobile devices
Even though the application automatically adds your contactsIt also gives you the possibility to choose which of them you want to have there and which you don’t. This is how each person has the opportunity to delete or block those people on Telegram that he does not want to be written to for some reason. It is also important to mention that this procedure is performed in the same way in Android and iOS mobile devices.
Therefore, follow each of the steps that we are going to teach you below in detail:
- The first thing you have to do is enter the application from your smartphone and there you must open the chat with contact that you want to delete, keep in mind that you will not have to write to him or start a conversation with that person. To be able to search for that person you can go to the icon three horizontal lines that appear at the top left of your screen.
- There you will see a tab with a menu, among the options that appear there select the one of “Contacts” and look for that person. In case you already have a conversation started with that user, then just access it.
- Once you have chosen that person and are in the conversation you want remove from your app, then you just have to click on name or profile picture of that person at the top of your screen.
- By clicking on the name or photo you will access the profile of that person, where you can see all the related data such as the phone number if it is visible, the alias and their biography, as well as being able to go to a normal chat or a secret one. When you are here you must touch on the three points that appear in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Selecting this icon will open a new menu with several options that are directly related to the contact, in this case you will have to click on “Delete contact” and voila, this way you will have eliminated that person from your Telegram friends list.
On Windows and MacOS computers
If you are using Telegram from your computer and you have realized that you have a person there that you do not want or you simply remembered eliminate someone, then you should know that the procedure for this is basically the same as in mobile devices.
However, here we are going to explain step by step how to do it in case you have doubts about something:
- When you are already inside the Telegram desktop version you must access the person’s conversation What do you want get rid of or if you do not have an open chat with the user, then you will have to search for it from the contacts section in your friends list.
- Once you have found it and are in the chat with that person, then you must click on your name or profile picture located at the top of the window. Keep in mind that it doesn’t matter if the conversation is blank.
- Clicking on the name or photo of the person will automatically open a new window on the screen with all the related contact information that you have selected.
- When you are here you will have to click on the icon the three points located in the upper right part of the window.
- As in the previous case, a menu will appear when you click there, among the options that appear on the screen you will have to select the one of “Delete contact” or “Delete Contact”. After this, you will have correctly removed that person from your Telegram friends list.
On Telegram Web
If you are one of the people who use this messaging application from the browser, either because you don’t want to be installing the desktop version on your computer, then you should know that you can also delete some contacts from there if you want.
For this, it will be necessary that you follow each of the steps that we are going to teach you below:
- To start this procedure, the first thing you should do is enter Telegram Web with your account.
- When you have already logged in there you must click on the icon of three horizontal lines located in the top left of your screen.
- There a new menu will be displayed where you will have to select the option of “Contacts”, which usually appears in second place.
- When accessing there a new window will open with your contact list and a search bar so you can write the name of the person you want to delete. Once you find the user you will have to select it with a click.
- Now the chat with that person will appear on the screen, keep in mind that it will not be necessary Start a conversation to be able to remove it. In this case, you must click on the name or profile picture of that person.
- Then you will access the profile of that user, there you will see some information about this person. In order to delete it you must click on the option “Plus” for more options to appear, there select the items “Delete contact”.
- By clicking on this option you will be asked to confirm said action, to do this click again on “Get rid of”.
Don’t you want a contact to keep writing to you? Learn step by step how to block it
You may not want delete some of your contacts, but you prefer block it since in this way you can prevent that person from continuing to write to you in the future. However, it is important to mention that the procedure for block a contact It is completely similar to the one already mentioned above for any of the devices, but this time the final option will have to be changed.
To do this, follow each of the steps that we will teach you below:
On Android and iOS mobile devices
If you want to block a user making use of Telegram mobile applications Either from your Android or iOS mobile device, you should know that the procedure for this is completely the same as that mentioned above for delete a contact.
In this case, you will need to follow all the steps already mentioned and change your final decision:
- In this case, you will need to follow this route: “Main menu”> “Contacts”> “Select the contact to block”> “Click on their name or profile photo”> “Select the three dots located at the top right of your screen”.
- When you click there, a drop-down menu will appear where you will find different options, in that case you will have to select the item from “To block”.
- When you select this option, a dialog box will appear where you must confirm the action, to do this, click again on “To block” in this way you will be blocking that person who from that moment will not be able to write to you anymore nor will you see your profile picture or connection time again.
On Windows and MacOS computers
In the case of The computers The same happens as in the previous case, in order to block a contact You will have to follow the same procedure as to delete a user from the messaging service, only with the difference that the final decision will be changed this time.
To do this, follow these steps:
- The first thing will be to find the chat of the person you want
- When you are there click on its name or profile picture.
- Here you will see the Telegram user profile and in the upper right three points which you are going to select.
- Then a menu with several options will be displayed, here you must click on “Block user” which appears last in the list.
- Keep in mind that at the time of block a contact on Telegram This person will no longer be able to know anything about you nor will they be able to write again.
On Telegram Web
Finally it should be mentioned that in Telegram Web The same thing happens as in the previous devices, so again you will have to perform the same steps already mentioned, but this time it will not be to delete the contact but to block it.
Therefore, here we explain how to carry out this procedure:
- Once you find yourself inside Telegram Web you will need to follow this route: “Select the three horizontal lines”> “In the menu that appears there choose Contacts”> “Select the user to delete”> “Click on the name or profile photo”> “Click on the More option”> “By last, click or tap on Block contact “.
As already mentioned in the block Telegram contact this person will not be able to write to you again, neither can see your profile picture or last connection time. In case you want to get rid of this decision and want unlock it, you simply have to repeat these steps and finally choose the option of “Unblock contact”, This applies to any of the devices where you are using the Telegram application.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉