Store data on our computers and phones it is an increasingly complicated task. The volume of files that we handle is increasing little by little and the amounts to be treated are more and more bulky. This, in turn, causes alternatives to be sought to be able to save as much information as possible without giving it up, and the cloud, or rather the internet, is providing the perfect solution to achieve this.
We have a proof of this with Dropbox. This platform has been offering cloud storage of free and paid since 2007, growing little by little until it became one of the greatest references in the field. At present, it offers free hosting of several gigs for any user, offering extensions if other users are invited to use its services or paying for the different premium plans available to those interested.
It is a very interesting proposal, but it has the always present counterpart of not being able to please everyone. Many users end up giving up their profile in this system because they have several accounts, because they find other alternatives that are more interesting or because they prefer to use memory cards and hard drives to store backup copies. There are many reasons, but solutions to the question of how to delete a Dropbox account no, and here we give them.
Steps to cancel the Dropbox account permanently
In this guide we give you all the steps and instructions you need to unsubscribe from Dropbox in the shortest time possible and without encountering complications of any kind. Whether you are a PC or smartphone user, you can follow the guidelines we give you to cancel your profile. In fact, if you have a Dropbox Plus accountWe also explain what you have to do to unsubscribe.
PTo cancel the Dropbox account permanently, the steps you have to follow are those that we dictate below. Pay attention to the following sections and follow the indications both in the case of the PC and mobile phones.
Delete from PC
To delete your Dropbox account from your PC, follow the steps below:
- Open your web browser and enter the following URL: https://www.dropbox.com
- Tap on “Log in”, available in the upper right corner.
- Now, fill in the form with your account email and access password. Then click on “Log in”.
- After that, click on your profile picture, available in the upper right corner. In the drop-down that appears, click on “Setting”.
- Within the general section, it descends until it reaches “Delete account” and click there.
- Enter your access password, choose the reason you are leaving, give more details if you want, and then click “Permanently delete.”
- Go on and you will closed your user account.
Unsubscribe from mobile (Android and iOS)
Even though there is a Dropbox app for Android and iOS, the method to request the cancellation from the mobile is to use the smartphone browser. You have to follow these indications:
- Through the browser, enter the Dropbox login web with this url.
- Write your email and password access and press the button to continue.
- Now, press the icon of your user profile, available in the upper corner.
- Among the options that appear, you must press the “Setting”.
- Then just scroll down until you find the option “Delete account” and click on it.
- Write the login password In the first field, choose a reason from the drop-down right after it and give more details in the next field. Then click on the “Permanently delete” button.
How to unsubscribe from the Dropbox Plus version?
For unsubscribe from the Dropbox Plus version, the process to follow is quite simple and similar to the one for canceling the normal service. You just have to follow the instructions that we are going to give you here:
- Through your web browser, enter the initial Dropbox website, use the URL: https://www.dropbox.com
- Once inside, log in with your data usual and following the usual process.
- Click on your profile picture and choose “Setting” within the drop-down menu below.
- Now, inside, look for the section “Plan” in the top bar and click on it.
- Descend until you find the option “Cancel plan” and click on it. When you do this, you will be asked for a confirmation with which you will have to proceed to finish canceling your Dropbox Plus account.
- Your Plus profile has already been canceled.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉