Gmail email It is one of the most used and best valued by all those who move through the territory of the network of networks. Being free and accompanied by services provided by Google, goes from being a mere e-mail platform to composing a whole set of additional tools that allow to take advantage of the benefits of the cloud.
You can save files on the network, write documents, work with spreadsheets and, of course, send or receive emails with total freedom and through different devices. However, it may happen that you need to know how to delete a Gmail account. You may have created one with a name that doesn’t suit you, which simply you prefer to open a new one or that you have found another service provider better than this company.
It does not matter what type of device you are using, because here we give the necessary instructions to carry out this procedure from whatever is possible. Also, if what you want is just unsubscribe your Gmail email and you want to keep other Google tools, but connected to another e-mail address, we also help you by offering the exact procedure with which to get it. In short, all the solutions.
Steps to cancel my Gmail account permanently
There are so many reasons that it is not uncommon to run into users who are faced with this situation and that, no matter how much they dive on the internet, They can’t find a way to unsubscribe from this service so popular to go to that other that has caught their attention.
Fortunately, this guide that we bring contemplates that solution that you long for. If you want to know how to completely delete your email account in Gmail, we bring you all the procedures to carry out step by step both from the PC and from the smartphone.
To delete your Gmail account permanently, you have to follow some processes that vary depending on the device you use. Either from your computer or your mobile phone, this is what you have to do.
Delete from PC
Do you want to completely delete your Gmail account from your PC? In that case, you have to follow some fairly simple instructions that we are going to detail in the points that we leave below:
- Open your usual web browser and enter the next adress. Through it, you can enter directly in the section of deleting Google accounts.
- The next logical step is perform the profile login to delete. Start by writing the email in the field provided and move on; then, enter the access password and click the button again to continue.
- The screen you are on now informs you of everything that happens once you delete your account. You will also see an option to download your profile data to keep them before proceeding with the elimination and, under this, all the services that will be eliminated when the process is complete.
- Scroll down a bit and check the two boxes to ensure that you understand the consequences of deleting your Google account and, once you have done so, press the button. “Delete account” to end.
Once you have pressed that button, your Gmail profile will have been completely deleted, along with all the information not stored.
Unsubscribe from your mobile (Android and iOS)
If you want to unsubscribe from your mobile device, there is a specific process to do it through Android smartphones and tablets; but, since we want to offer a solution also for iOS users, we are going to opt for the general procedure. Follow as we explain here:
- Open your smartphone’s web browser and enter this url. It is the one that gives direct access to the section for deleting Google and Gmail accounts.
- Now, you have to log in entering your email or phone number in the first field and the access password in the second. If you have already logged in before, you will only have to write the password.
- As it happens on the PC, now you will be given tons of details about what happens when you delete the profile and the importance of saving the data (you can do it with the option that is enabled). Scroll down until you find the button “Delete account” and click on it
- Done this, you’ve already deleted your Gmail and Google accounts.
*Note: Now, in case you want to recover it due to a possible deletion by mistake, you have a reasonable time to do it. If you try to login again, you will be asked if you want to recover your email. Accept and continue with the instructions that are indicated to you to regain access.
Is it possible to delete my Gmail email without deleting my Google account?
Is there a way to delete your Gmail mail, but keep the Google account at the same time to use it in other services. We are going to explain below how it can be done so that you keep it and continue taking advantage of the advantages that this system offers its users:
- On your PC, open the browser website you use the most and enter the following URL or type in the address bar this: myaccount.google.com/preferences
- Being inside this settings panel, slide the left menu down until you find a section called “Account preferences”. You have to click below, in the section “Delete your account or certain services.”
- This is the menu where to proceed, but first you must login with your Google profile. Tap on “Log in”, which will now appear on the center screen.
- Now proceed as in the usual Google login process. First write the email or phone number of your account and click on “Next”. Then do the same with the password and go back to press the same button.
- You will be redirected back to the previous screen, in which to delete account or services. You will now see, under the main illustration, two options to choose from. To move forward with deleting Gmail, you have to press the first one, “Delete products”.
- Now, you will be redirected to a screen where, again, you will have to enter your access code to verify your identity. Fill in the field and press “Next”.
- Then, all the services activated in your account will appear. Look for Gmail and, on its right, click on the trash can icon. If you wish, you can first click on “Download data” to save all the information.
- If you have not registered another email address with which to log into your Google account, you will now be asked to enter it to access the other services of this platform. Write it in the space left on the screen and then click on “Send verification email”.
- You now have to go to the inbox of that email and look for the message from the Google team. Open it and you will see a button inside. When you press it, you will have finished connecting this email with your account and also deleted the Gmail mail.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉