Maybe at some point do not wish to have one of your contacts first degree within your professional network in LinkedIn. Therefore, you can use the option remove it in different ways.
However, you should keep in mind that once you delete a contact you can no longer communicate with them, see your notifications when your job ends, see updates or anything like that. Added to that, any recommendation or validation they have made between the two will be deleted.
But if it is already a final decision and you want to remove it completely, we will teach you how to remove a contact from your LinkedIn network fast and easy.
Why should I remove certain contacts from my LinkedIn network?
There are many reasons that can lead you to make the decision to completely remove a contact in your LinkedIn network. As with other social networks and even in real life, you don’t have to keep in touch with all kinds of people. So there may be some reasons to decide delete a contact.
Some of them can be:
- If you’re constantly spamming: either in your inbox of LinkedIn or in your email.
- Tries to sell you a service or product many times, despite having rejected.
- Copy your contents and posts, and reuse them.
- Your interactions are inappropriate or aggressive.
- It asks you to present it with others that you don’t want.
- Continually asks for free advice or favors.
- Sends you a large number of messages.
- Use the platform just to sell and get followers.
Learn step by step how to remove a contact from your LinkedIn network
As we indicated previously, delete a contact implies that this is no longer 1st degree contacts. Therefore, they will not appear in your section of Contacts and you will not be able to have communication with him.
Learn the step by step to remove a contact from your LinkedIn network:
Delete via your profile page
- Go to the profile contact.
- Click on the button More… of the business card.
- Choose Delete contact.
- When done, the status will change to Contact deleted.
Delete from Contacts page
- Click the icon My network, represented with two people. You will find it at the top of the LinkedIn home page.
- Select in Contacts, on the left.
- Tap the icon More next to the contact you would like to delete. Click on Delete contact.
- In that section, you must choose the option of Remove, in the pop-up window.
- Go to the member’s profile What are you going to remove.
- Tap the button More…
- Go to Delete contact / Delete contact in the pop-up window to confirm.
- Enter the member’s profile that you will delete.
- Tap on More…
- Choose Delete contact / Delete contact in the pop-up window to confirm the process.
Apart from that, there are certain aspects that are important to keep in mind, these are:
- Once delete a contact, you are not notified.
- After having removed, all the recommendations, validations, and many other details regarding that Contact. In case you ever establish contact with the person, equally will not be reset those points.
Should I block that contact? When is it convenient to do it?
Although LinkedIn is a network focused on the professional environment, there are occasions when they are annoying contacts or people who go against your ideals, purposes, interests, etc. As in the common work environment, sometimes disagreements or disputes arise that can make many people alienate. Therefore, the platform offers users the possibility to “block” or “unblock” a contact.
In this way, you can be invisible to that annoying person and you will not be able to see its contents either. As additional information, you should know that this action applies not only to first degree contacts, but also to any professional other than first degree.
In case you want to block a member
- Go to profile who you want to block.
- Click on More…, located below the member’s profile picture.
- There select the option Report / Block from List, which has the symbol of a pennant next to it.
- Click on To block (member’s name) in the dropdown that says You want to do?.
- To choose Block to continue. In case you prefer to review the options, click on Go back.
In case you want to unblock a member
- Tap on the icon Iat the top of your LinkedIn home page.
- Go to Settings and privacy.
- Inside the tab Privacy, click the option Blocked and Followers on the left of that page.
- Tap on Change, next to Blocked.
- In the blocked list, find the person’s name and select from To unlock.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉