Since the internet is already something that is part of our day to day in all types of devices, it was a matter of time for video consoles to take advantage of the benefits of what this technology offers. All current video game platforms They offer some type of service related to the network of networks, establishing a system of user accounts, downloads and even online games to enjoy games with people from anywhere in the world.
In the case of Sony and its PlayStation consoles, the method used is what is known as PSN profiles, Sony PlayStation Network. They are accounts that allow you to enjoy online games, access the digital catalog that the company offers both games and movies and that even opens the door to free downloads and special promotions through the PlayStation Plus paid membership system.
Despite all the benefits that it seems to place on the table, it is possible that a user decides to unsubscribe because he is going to sell his console, because he has a different profile than the one he uses more or because you don’t want to keep paying for those premium services that are provided on consoles like PlayStation 4. It is in these cases when the question about how to cancel a PSN account Sony Playstation Network comes to light, and in which we take care to give answers.
Steps to delete my Sony Playstation Entertainment Network account permanently
In this guide we will explain what to do to request the cancellation of these online profiles regardless of whether they are used on PS4 or even on the previous home console, PS3. In fact, even if you only usually access it from your PC, there is a way to request the cancellation. Pay attention to the section that follows, because there we are going to reel everything so that you can do it without problems.
The steps to permanently delete a Sony PlayStation Entertainment Network account They are tremendously similar regardless of the medium chosen, since the consoles do not allow the total closure of an account to be carried out for security reasons.
*Note: You have to contact the company team to request that the profiles be deleted completely. In the following sections we explain all the possible cases.
Unsubscribe from PS4
Through PS4 it is impossible to delete a Sony PlayStation Network account, although it can be unlinked to proceed to the removal outside. These are the steps you must follow:
- Turn on your console PlayStation 4 and log in with the profile you want to unlink.
- When you are in the initial screen, go to the section “Settings”.
- Within this submenu, look for the option “PlayStation Network” or another called “Accounts administration”.
- The next thing is to go to the section “Activate as your main PS4” and click on it to access its settings.
- In this section, you should look for the option “Deactivate” and accept, when asked, indicate the “Yes”.
- With this you have unlinked the account from the PlayStation 4 console.
- The following to request the total withdrawal is call the phone number 911 147 422 to contact the support team having noted your login ID data and safety information. They will take care of completely shutting down your PSN.
Close from PS3
The same thing happens on PS3 as on PS4, it is not possible to cancel a PSN profile, although the user created with it on the platform can be deleted and then proceed to request the removal of the online profile. This is what you should do:
- Turn on your console Playstation 3.
- When the system boots, login with the profile you want to delete.
- Now, Go to the icon of your user with the remote and, when it is marked, press the triangle button.
- In the small menu of options that appears, choose the option “Remove” and press the button “X” to confirm.
- Now, you must call PlayStation support service (911 147 422) to request the closure of the PSN account. You will need the login details for verify your identity.
Delete from PC
From the PC you cannot delete a PSN account Sony PlayStation Network. The method to follow is through the phone call to the team. You must follow these steps that we indicate:
- Dial the phone number 911 147 422 from your smartphone or landline.
- Request to cancel your account PSN to support team.
- In case you ask for data, you need to have your online ID, user profile email and security information.
*Note: It is important to note that customer service hours are usually from 09:10 to 19:00.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉