Twitter is one of the most used social networks globally. Although Facebook remains the great queen in this field, the one with the blue bird has been active for several years and amassed a legion of truly heart-stopping users. Your proposal, quick and easy with those short messages (now expanded to 280 characters) and the facilities provided to share information in text, images and video, has made many people and even companies turn to it to communicate with the rest.
It is, of course, one of the main current information channels. It is also, although it sounds sad, one of the main ways to get saturated. The notifications, the discussions sometimes passed by thread and the amount of messages that move at the moment in this network they can make many prefer to disconnect from it to free themselves a little of this excess of information and constant details.
We give you all the steps you need to follow both through your PC and through your mobile phone, including the trick that is needed from the terminals. In addition, if what you are looking for is to stop alone for a while and keep the profile suspended, we also explain what you should do not only to request this alternative, but to also regain access once you have done it. This alternative is tremendously useful for difficult times, even if you regret requesting the deletion.
Steps to close my Twitter account permanently
It is precisely as a result of all these types of situations that we discussed above, and many others, when it becomes really interesting to know how to delete a twitter account. Something that we are going to explain completely so that you do not have problems and can achieve that disconnection that you want so much. In this guide that we bring you, we are going to give you all the explanations you need to process the deactivation of your Twitter account.
If you want to close your Twitter profile permanently, we are going to give you all the tools you need. While the process from the PC can be done with ease, on mobile it is somewhat more complicated, since there is no option enabled for it. Fortunately, with the instructions that we are going to give you can do it without problems on any device.
Delete from PC
Deleting the Twitter profile from the PC is the easiest and fastest alternative, and recommended if you can opt for it. The steps to follow, as you will see below, are neither time consuming nor complex:
- From the web browser of your team, enter the page of twitter login using the following URL: https://twitter.com.
- Once inside, click on the button “Log in” that is in the right half or, if you prefer, go directly to the top to fill in your data.
- You need write the phone number, the linked email or even the nickname user name in the first field and, in the second, the password to access (respecting capital letters if any). After entering both data, you just have to click on “Log in” To advance.
- Within your profile, you must click on the image of your user avatar, top right. A drop-down will open in which you must look for the option “Settings and privacy”. Click on it.
- You should be directly in the section “Bill”. If not, go to the column on the left and click on it to access.
- Within all the sections that now appear within this menu, descend until you reach the end. There you will find the option “Deactivate your account”, which you must press to move on.
- You will be asked again if you are fully sure to proceed and will be informed about the lost data and the deadlines to recover the profile. Click on the button with the text “Deactivate” and you’re done.
Unsubscribe from your mobile (Android and iOS)
On mobile devices there is no direct way to delete the Twitter profile. You need to make a modification in the web browser to be able to achieve it, something that we will explain in this section so that you can carry out the process without going to the PC:
- You must open your smartphone’s web browser first. Use the one you prefer, although, since it is the most widespread, we will proceed with Google Chrome.
- Now, click on the icon with three dots on the top right to open the drop-down menu. Within this, look for the option “Website for computer “ or “PC version“and mark it. The browser will now behave as if it were from a PC.
- Go to the website of Twitter.com and log in as usual. Enter the email or username along with the password to enter.
- As we have explained in the section of removing account from the computer, click now on the photo with your avatar and go to the option “Settings and privacy”.
- You will now be inside the section “Bill” (If not, click on it on the left side). Scroll down until you find the section “Deactivate your account”And press it.
- To ensure you’re not doing this by mistake, Twitter will ask if you’re sure and give you some additional information about the closure. Go down and press the button “Deactivate” to be able to finish.
Now you will have to wait a reasonable time to be able to delete the profile. However, you can opt for something temporary and fleeting rather than by a total erasure. In the next section we will explain it in greater detail so that you can do it.
How to deactivate my Twitter for a while and reactivate it again later?
Before closing your account completely, you may prefer to request a temporary withdrawal. If it’s a tough exam season, too much backlog, or you just want to stop the information frenzy a bit and disconnect from everything during a relaxing vacation, there is a way to ask Twitter to activate a temporary closure on your profile.
There are many reasons, but it forms only one. Although we anticipate that you have a maximum period of one month to be able to return. If it takes longer, you will not be able to access it again and you will lose everything you have saved in the profile in question. It is a fact that must be taken into account.
1 – Login
Exactly, the suspension process is the same as the deletion process; but with nuances. To get started, you need to proceed as if you were going to delete the account entirely. That is, you have to start by opening the browser and entering the Twitter home page. You can use this URL: https://www.twitter.com.
When you’re inside go to the upper right area and enter the email, nick or phone number connected to your profile; in addition to the access password in the field on the right. It is very important that you respect the capital letters if there are any in either of the two holes. After doing so, press the button to login.
2 – Delete your account
Now, go to the avatar in the upper right and then to the option of “Settings and privacy” that appears within the drop-down. As we have said, you have to proceed as with a normal withdrawal, only that you have to make a change at the end.
Within the section “Bill“Remember that if you do not appear now inside it you must press it to take you away, you need to go down until you find the option “Deactivate your account” which is at the end of everything.
On the next screen that appears, Twitter will inform you of what the profile closure means and of the existence of a reasonable period of time to recover it and use the social network again. Keep it in mind, since it is the key to all this. However, proceed by clicking on the button with the text “Deactivate”.
3 – Re-enter
Since you close the user profile, you have a maximum period of 30 days to re-enter. During this time, neither your profile, nor your name, nor your user nickname will be seen by the social network, you will disappear completely during that period as if your profile had been completely deleted.
The way to recover everything is to log in in less than that month that is given the time limit. Just by re-entering the web or the app and entering your data, you will recover everything and you will be able to use this platform as usual.
It is not difficult to temporarily suspend your Twitter profile, although the only requirement there is is extremely important. If you don’t log in again in less than 30 days, your account will be completely deactivated And, no matter how hard you try to contact the support team, you will not be able to recover it, as well as the information it may have. As we said, it is extremely important to remember this information and take it into account when requesting the cancellation.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉