Video content is on the crest of the wave. Users consume videos continuously on a daily basis due to the convenience that it supposes and the amount of interpretations and manifestations that these can have. From works focused on entertainment to others oriented to information or reflection, on the internet you can find tons of materials within this section.
And of course, the platform par excellence for this is YouTube. This network giant, acquired by Google one year after its birth, is the place where everyone goes daily to watch videos, share them, comment or, why not, also upload their own to contribute their grain of sand to a gigantic community and an even bigger audience.
Having a YouTube channel is not strange. Be because i know wants to be youtuber Or because you just want to unleash creativity with a hobby, anyone can sign up to start posting videos on this platform. This openness has caused many to try their luck uploading content, as well as many trying to find out soon after how to delete a YouTube account.
Steps to delete my YouTube channel permanently
If this is your case, be it because you have decided to stop publishing, because you hardly have time to prepare content, because you do not grow no matter how hard you try or because it has stopped attracting your attention, here we are to help you. This step-by-step guide helps you to move forward and unsubscribe from this platform, thus also erasing everything you have done in this time. Although you also have the opportunity to request a temporary closure to return with force later.
Whatever it is, we give you the tools so you can unsubscribe. The steps to delete a YouTube channel permanently they are common on both PCs and smartphones. Although there are a couple of additional points in the mobile terminals, they share the same route and procedure to request and obtain the deletion of the profile on this platform.
Here, we are going to explain both cases so that there are no doubts of any kind and the channels are eliminated without problems:
Delete from PC
For delete your YouTube channel permanently from the PC, you have to follow a series of steps that are not excessively complicated. Do what we dictate below and you can get it quickly:
- On your computer, open your web browser and go to the YouTube home page with the following URL: https://www.youtube.com.
- Click on “Log in” if you are not logged in. It is located in the upper right.
- Now, start by typing your address from mail or phone and click on “Next”.
- Then do the same with the access code. Remember that you have to write capital letters if there are any so that the password is accepted.
- When you have already logged in, click on your profile picture. It is located where the login button was.
- Within the drop-down that will open, you must look for the section “Settings” and click on it to move forward.
- Now, take a look at the menu on the left and see the last option of all, “Advanced settings”. Click there.
- Now go down in the central part until you see the button “Delete channel” and press it.
- You have to enter the password again to verify your identity. Do it and click on “Next”.
- Choose now the option you want from those that appear. If necessary, we opted for “I want to permanently delete my content” instead of “I want to hide my channel”.
- When you click on that option, a submenu will open with information on what will be lost and permanently deleted, as well as what will remain. Check the corresponding boxes and click on “Delete my content.”
- Now, your channel has been erased completely.
Unsubscribe from your mobile (Android and iOS)
Although there is an app available for smartphones, to delete your channel you have to access via browser, since YouTube does not allow this management from the application. This is what you have to do:
- Open the browser and enter the following URL to enter YouTube: m.youtube.com
- Now, click on the three dots from top right and choose “Computer” in the menu that appears.
- When the appearance changes, go to the upper right corner to tap on your profile picture. In the dropdown, press the button with the gear next to “Creator Studio”.
- Now scroll down until you click on “Advanced settings”.
- Then press “Delete channel”.
- The rest of the process is the same as in the previous section. So, you will delete your YouTube channel from your smartphone.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉