Surely you have come across free trial versions of different programs, such as Photoshop. Technically, that which appears reflected with the name of “Free trials” They are really “Demoware” or limited software versions to know a specific program.
The makers of these trial software focus on the goal of showing a potential user how an App or program works, so that you can get a general idea of it and become a buyer.
Therefore, we will provide you with all the important information related to what is a demoware, how it works, its advantages and many other interesting facts about this topic.
What is a Demoware and what is this type of computer program for?
Demoware is a term used in the computer world to refer to a type of software through which the user can test how a program works specifically and decide whether to opt for the full version or not. The other name implemented for this type of software is trialware. It should be noted that its use has a time limit for its use and, afterwards, certain functions of the program are disabled.
In this way, the user can know roughly what a program or application is about and proceed with its purchase or not. There are even many programs that in their demoware version work as kind of a tutorial, so that the interested user becomes familiar.
What most characterizes the demoware is that they work for certain times. After there, the person has to decide whether to go for the full version or forget about said program.
Some characteristics that can be seen in the programs demoware are:
- They work for a time limit.
- Usually add identification marks at the exit.
- Its launch is given by a specified period of times.
What are the benefits of launching a Demoware of a program?
In general, it can appear that a demoware has benefits only for users. But this is not so. They also have a lot to offer for creators. Therefore, we want to tell you more about it:
For the user
- It is easily accessible for the user.
- Is free.
- They are compatible with multiple platforms.
- It has few installation requirements.
- It allows to know in a simple way the operation of a program.
For the creator
- It helps to convert curious users into potential buyers of the service.
Examples of demoware What are the most popular programs that offer free trials?
In short, demoware is software designed so that a user has the possibility to test a program under certain restrictions and a certain period of time. Sometimes it is also known as “trialware” as it helps the person have an overview of the program. The 5 most popular that provide a demoware are:
- Acronis True Image
- Camtasia Studio
- Virtual DJ
- Sony Vegas
Steps to crack a Demoware and continue using all its functions without paying
Before thinking of cracking a program, it is important to know that it should not be done as it is illegal. Consequently, if you decide to proceed with it you may have legal consequences and that they affect you in the future when you want to download or install it on your computer.
The best way to get a program, it will always be buying the license for it. In this way, you will avoid problems and you will be able to enjoy all the functions that the program has for its users.
However, in case you wish to proceed, we will explain the Steps to follow to crack a program by modifying its DLL files:
- To have knowledge of programming language, because you will need it to proceed to crack.
- Install the programs W32DASM, SoftIce and a text code editor like Notepad ++ or UltraEdit.
- Start the program you want to crack with the W32DASM tool. With it, you need to examine what functions of the program start from the DLL.
- Find the function of “counter”. Many programs use the counter as a copy protection. Therefore, it is important to locate and “skip it”. In case the program you want to crack uses another form of protection, you must detect it.
- Proceed to configure a lock point on the counter. When you isolate the counter function, with the help of SoftIce make it lock it when it finds it. That way, you can know the exact code that is produced when starting the counter function.
- When you identify the meter code, proceed to change it. For example, you can allow the counter to not count up to the blocking limit or to simply never start the counting process.
Finally, if you want to know how to install recognized programs such as Photoshop on your PC, read our post about how to activate Photoshop.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉