One of the factors why users tend to prefer Apple products, It is for the guarantee that it is a high-end production, and that despite adverse situations they always have excellent services, and of course because of the status they represent.
One of those guarantees is the total security that the information on your computer is fully protected, and that no intruder can come and access it right away. But, sometimes those same parameters that are thought for the welfare of the user, are the ones that also restrict you the most, so some choose to disable them.
That is the case of the activation lock of iPads and iPhones, so in this simple article we have prepared a small guide so that you can deactivate this option in case you need it. But also We will be informing you of the possible consequences that you can have by always having it disabled.
Why does an Apple iPad crash?
Activation lock for all Apple devices is one of the functions for which they are exclusive products, since it allows the user to have total autonomy and dominance over their equipment, even when they are lost or stolen.
In the case of an iPad, this lock can be activated for a couple of simple reasons:
- The limit of times a failed password can be entered to unlock device use has been exceeded.
- The user who owns the equipment decided to activate this lock from the iCloud support website.
In the case of the first, It can be taken for a little one in the family who has tried many times to unlock the iPad, without any positive result. As long as some criminal is trying to unlock it and fails to the limit of attempts.
The second It can happen because the iPad is lost or possibly fell into the hands of a malicious person.
Later, we will see why it is important that as users we activate this block in the circumstances already mentioned.
Steps to deactivate the activation lock on your Apple iPad tablet
Deactivating the activation lock of any of our Apple devices is a serious error, because by doing this we lose the total autonomy already mentioned on the equipment, and if we lose the papers of it we will have nothing else to prove that it was ours at some point.
Even though it is counterproductive, There are some situations in which we will have to disable it on our iPad. For example, if we are selling or giving away the device, we do not want this person to access the information when they have any inconvenience. Of course, we do not want them to come and ask us to unlock their equipment in case it is activated.
That is why it is important to do it, because by doing so we can actually transfer the device without possible setbacks. We must also deactivate it when we are going to take it to a technician, since some of the activities used to support users require that this function is not active.
Now let’s see how Activation Lock is disabled:
From the iPhone
A simple way to remove the activation lock from an Apple device is from the iPhone settings, since the process is the same for any of these.
- The first thing is to go to the application “Settings” where we must click on our user.
- In the corresponding menu we choose the option “iCloud”.
- Next, click on the option “Search my Iphone” to deactivate it.
- Finally, it will ask us to enter our Apple ID data and when doing so we will press “To accept” to be deactivated.
Another method to do this is by using the Apple iCloud cloud:
- The first thing is to log in to the cloud with the address www.icloud.com.
- Then we enter the “Settings” of our profile.
- Successively, we must enter the section “Search for” and access the list of devices that we have linked to our account.
- Finally, we must click on the “X” that appears right next to the computer. With this, we will have already disabled the activation lock of the iPad or other selected device.
What are the benefits of Activation Lock and why shouldn’t you disable it on any Apple device?
In general, the manufacturer when delivering a product ensures that it meets all user expectations. That is why the vast majority of a product’s factory settings have a reason for being, and we must think well before modifying its nature.
Let’s see what are the benefits of having the activation lock active on our Apple devices:
- It allows you to protect the information you have stored on your iPhone or iPad device.
- It allows you to make a backup copy of the device information, although to fully back it up it will be necessary that you have a paid subscription in iCloud.
- If necessary with this option active, it is possible to format the device remotely.
- Finally, you can track the location of the device using GPS through the cloud.
As you can see the vast majority of these They allow you to protect the equipment in case of theft or loss.Which makes it easier for you to stay in control, even if you don’t have it in your hands.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉