If it has happened to you that when you are using the platform, a sign appears suddenly saying “Discord has unexpectedly closed “, do not worry! We will show you below why this failure happens and how you can solve it.
The first thing we will tell you is the Main causes of Discord crashing. This will help you understand what are the errors that may be causing the origin of the problem.
Once you know the reasons why Discord closes, we will teach you the step by step that you must carry out to definitively correct this incompatibility.
Why might Discord crash unexpectedly? Main causes
exist Different reasons for which can close Discord unexpectedly.
Let’s analyze the most common and recurring ones below:
- Platform installation problems. Some files related to running the Discord installation on your computer may not have completed successfully. This can occur due to lack of space, interruption in the Internet connection or due to a hardware malfunction.
- Cache errors. In some cases, the application malfunction may be caused by having the cache full of information that produces errors. This generates incompatibility when executing files that are related to specific tasks of the application.
- Lack of RAM. Discord is an application that requires a certain amount of resources to work properly. If you have multiple programs open or the volatile memory is too small, it is likely to cause program execution crashes.
- Discord update bugs. It is possible that the failure of an unexpected shutdown may be caused by the platform releasing a new version and you have not yet downloaded it.
- Antivirus failures. In some cases, programs installed to detect viruses stop the installation and execution of Discord because they warn of false dangers against the computer’s security. In this case, it is important to grant the necessary permissions to the platform within the antivirus.
Learn step by step how to fix the error “Discord appears to have closed unexpectedly” on any device
When Discord closes unexpectedly, you can fix this error by following the process shown below:
Enter the Run function
The first thing you should do to solve this problem is to use the tool Run Windows. To do this you will have to press the button start together with the R key. This will take you to a window in which you will find an area to write. Enter it cmd.
You can also use the tool Symbol of the system typing in the task bar the name of the function. Next, you will have to press the option Execute as an administrator. Type the password to access special functions of the operating system and press on Yes in the next window.
Check for corrupt files
This stage will help the operating system to recognize the files with errors. Therefore, it is important to scan some folders to fix the issue on Discord. When you carry out the previous step, a black window will open in which you will have to write the command
sfc /scannow and press the key Enter. After a few minutes, Windows will close all incompatible files so that don’t unexpectedly close Discord again.
Delete Discord folders
If the above steps did not work, the error is likely related to the operating system cache. For this reason, this storage must be deleted so that it does not produce errors in the execution.
You will carry out these steps as follows:
- Activate the function Run pressing the key combination Windows and R.
When the window opens in the lower left corner you must write
- Then press the button To accept.
- A new screen will open in which you will have the location of all the folders of the operating system. Look in the left column for the file called Local and press on it.
- Then choose the folder Discord.
- Delete the files that you will find.
Close the programs you don’t use
Some crashes in Discord are caused by the RAM memory resource limitation, so it is convenient to close the programs that you are not using and that consume a lot of resources. It is also advisable to stop those software that run in the background.
Check the Discord version
It is common to find that failures occur because the user does not have the latest version of the platform installed. Therefore, it generates incompatibility in some files, causing the application to close.
To solve this problem you will have to do the following guide:
- Enter the function Run with a system administrator profile. To do this, press Win + R.
- Then write
%LocalAppData%and press Enter.
- Find the folder Discord and open it.
- Right click on the executable Update.exe.
- Select the option Rename and add a new name, for example Update1.exe.
- After that, open the app on your computer. If you see a poster that you must update to the latest version, click on Yes.
- Otherwise you will have to enter the official Discord website and download the updated version manually.
Grant the corresponding permissions in the antivirus
You must not forget of the antivirus you have installed if the problems persist. To do this, it is necessary to open the protection software and grant them all the permissions that are useful so that antivirus does not detect Discord as a threat to the security of your PC.
If the problem persists you will have to reinstall the Discord application. Therefore, first you must delete it from your computer using the tool Run. On the bar you will have to write
%appdata% and then find the folder Discord. Within that file you will have to right click and press on the option Erase. Accept all the questions that the assistant will ask you and wait a few seconds.
When you have already deleted the Discord app, you will have to do these steps:
Enter with your browser to url
- Then click on the button Download for Windows. This will cause a file to be downloaded.
- Look for the executable that you just save and click on it.
- After a few seconds continue with the steps that the wizard will indicate.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉