A GIF is a type of image file. Its main characteristics are the ability to be animated, played in a loop and express ideas that with a static image it would be impossible. The lack of sound does not make the message it can deliver any less powerful.
That is why the main messaging and social media platforms began to allow the use of these animations. In a short time they have become very popular on the Internet. They are almost always associated with humor. Some, like WhatsApp have incorporated them into an exclusive tab.
This type of file abounds on the Internet. To find them, just go to Google and search for them. The site will release millions of results. It can also be done through Google Images, which will show different pics in addition to a preview. But not all websites are secure, some may contain malwares. For this reason We recommend that you read until the end of this post.
Steps to download an animated image from Giphy from any device
Giphy is a site where you can find a great variety of GIFs. Besides being a secure page, it is one of the most used and with the highest content as for animations. Of course, it is not enough to display them on the site. One of the main objectives is to send them to our friends and contacts. exist different ways to download a file of this page.
We will show you how to do it without the need to download any external program:
From the phone
The simplest way to save your favorite GIFs on your mobile device is through the official App. You can find it in the App Store if you own an iPhone or from Play Store if you have an Android device.
The process is carried out as follows and is similar in both cases:
- Login to the application.
- You can create an account if you prefer (not strictly necessary).
- Search the image that you like or need the most.
- When you have chosen it, press the three vertical points that appear on foot.
- Press “Save GIF”.
- The file will be automatically saved in the memory of your device. You can find your downloads in the folder “Giphy” within “Images”.
From the computer
You want to create your own GIF library to use whenever you want. Or perhaps store them to incorporate them into your compositions. The important thing is that you know that you can save the best animations from this site on your PC:
- Login to
- If you wish, you have the possibility to register on the site. You will have the option to save your favorite GIFs. You can do it through Facebook, your email, or Apple account.
- Search for the animation you need. You can get better results doing it in English.
- Press the links that appear in the upper right corner of each image. This action will copy the link on your clipboard.
- Paste it into the address bar of a new tab or window.
- In her the GIF corresponding to the URL will be displayed. Press the right button mouse about the picture.
- Choose “Save Image As…”.
- Choose the location where you want to download the file.
- Ready, now you can find it there and use it however you want.
An alternative that will not take up space on your disks is to send the image directly from the site or the application. Giphy offers this option on all of its platforms.
We will explain in a simple way how to share a GIF through Giphy:
exist two alternatives: From the official application or from the browser. The interface is similar and the steps to follow the same.
- Login to Giphy (App or web).
- Choose the image you want to share.
- Select it and press the small plane icon. It is right next to the three points.
- The GIF display will open. Within this window you can choose how to send it.
- The first option copy file to clipboard.
- The second, your URL. With either of these two options you must “paste” your content on the site where you want to share it.
- The different buttons that appear below correspond to the social networks linked to the site. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Depending on which one you choose, the corresponding window or application will open.
If you are in front of the computer, the most practical option would be this. You only need to be connected to the Internet:
- Enter the site giphy.com from the browser of your choice (currently, all the most used can read GIF files).
- Search the content or choose the recommendations provided by the site (if you are registered and logged in, these recommendations will be personalized).
- Once done, head over to the buttons under “Share It!”. By default those that will appear will correspond to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram respectively. But if you press the next button “…”, other networks will be deployed such as Tumblr, Pinterest and Reddit.
- A window of the chosen platform will open immediately. Where you can add more information.
List of the best alternative pages to Giphy to find free Gif
Ghiphy is perhaps the largest GIF site on the entire web. But he’s not the only one. There are alternatives that you may like. They can even store an image that you won’t find elsewhere.
These are the best alternatives to Ghiphy, where you will find great content and the most diverse:
What an option! This site offers a very specific alternative. Exclusive content from the Simpsons. The most remarkable thing is that you can create your own animated meme from any episode of the series. You can choose which boxes it will contain and edit the text as you like.
Tenor present your content in a more linear way. You can search (we recommend in English) or upload GIFs created by you. At the top it shows lists of most voted images that are updated day by day.
This platform allows you to find animations by tags or keywords. Added to this feature is the possibility of finding the right GIF according to the mood. That’s right, if you are angry, here you can find the animation that represents how you feel.
As popular as Ghiphy. Contains hundreds of thousands of images that can be rated and recommended. The most voted by the community appear on the main page. This site is so recognized by users that it even has a pet: Imguraffe, a most elegant giraffe.
It could not be missing from this list Gifbin. It gives you the possibility to evaluate the images and rate them with stars. They are categorized by tags and offers a code to enter it in your own blog or website. Although it is not the most popular option on the list, it has quite interesting exclusive content and a random button that saves us even searching.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉