Google Photos has become an ideal tool for many people when they want to store photos and videos. This application is responsible for creating a backup of all media files for the service in the cloud, which makes it accessible from all computers connected to the service.
However, despite the fact that cloud services are secure, no one can guarantee that your photos and videos are completely safe, since any error can happen, which causes you to lose all your files. So being able to download all your photos or videos from Google can be a very good alternative.
If you want to know how to download all the content of the application to store it on your computer or pass it to an external memory for greater security, you can do so by following the steps we’ll learn how to do it.
Steps to download and export all videos and photos from Google Photos to my computer
If what you’re looking for is to download all your multimedia content from Google photos, here we’ll explain how you can run it. There are many reasons why you want to take your content from there and pass it to your computer or some external memory, either for security reasons, because you need to edit it, make a backup, delete it, among others.
In any case, being able to make these downloads becomes a great alternative for users, especially because it saves time when you want to export all files, whether photos or videos. Also, it should be noted that there are two different methods to do this. That’s why here we explain what the steps are to achieve this.
Download albums individually
It’s very possible that you only want to download a single album from the application, if so, the process will be much simpler and faster to achieve.
To do so, you just need to follow these steps:
- The first thing is to access the application from your browser and choose the album you want to download to your computer.
- There you just need to click on the three vertical points located in the top right corner of the screen.
- You will now be presented with a menu with several options, in which you will select the option “Download all”.
- All your photos and videos will be downloaded in ZIP format.
Keep in mind that the only disadvantage when using this method is that photos and videos uploaded with the mobile application cannot be downloaded.
Download all your photo albums and videos
If you want to download all photo albums and videos from your Google photo account, do so by following the steps below. However, you should keep in mind that this process is usually a little more complicated than the previous one.
To do this, follow these steps:
- To begin the process, you’ll need to enter your Google profile.
- Once you’ve logged into your account, you should access the following link to start the download.
- You can also sign in directly from Google.com, if you’re already there, you’ll have to click on your photo that appears at the top right of the screen.
- Now you must select the “Google Account” option.
- In the new window that appears, you will have to click on “Personal Information” and then on “Control Content”.
- A new page will appear where you will find the option “Download your data” you should click the link “Create file”.
- Now, the same page will appear to which the first link placed in the first steps will send you. There you will have to select the account information you want to include in the export files. In this case, you must select the “Do not select anything” box so that all options are unchecked.
- The next step will be to just select the “Google Photos” box and click “Next”.
- Now click on the arrow that appears next to the box marked and select the option “Include all photo albums”.
- On the next page that appears, you must select the format to export the files, in this case, by default, they are downloaded in ZIP format . However, this has one disadvantage, and that is that if your content exceeds 2 GB, it will be split into several files for download. Therefore, in the end, you will have the entire gallery in several compressed files.
- If you don’t want to download the information in multiple compressed folders, you can change the format and use TBZ or TGZ . In this case, both formats can be opened using the 7-zip program. But, the big difference here is that with these formats you have a limit of 50GB for exporting the files. * Note: It is important to mention that the download in ZIP format will be much faster . You should also choose the address where the file will be sent. By default you will receive an e-mail with a link to download the files, but you will also have the opportunity to store them directly in Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive.
- Once you have chosen the format and address of your uploaded files, the next step is to click “Create files” to get the process started.
- Keep in mind that this process can take a few minutes It all depends on the number of files being exported.
- When the download is complete, an email will be sent to your Google account. From this email, you can download the export files.
How to download and save all photos from Google Photos on Android?
If you’re using Google mobile app photos on your Android device and want to download a photo or video or all your photos and videos at once, do so by following a few simple steps we’ll explain, but you need to Note that if some of these photos are already in your mobile device’s memory, they won’t be downloaded.
To do this, follow these steps:
Download an album individually
If you want to download an album individually or just a photo or video, you can do it the following way:
- The first thing is to open the “Google Photos” application on your mobile device.
- Now select the album, photo or video you want to download to your phone.
- Then you will have to press the three vertical points and select the option “Save to device”.
- Once the multimedia files are done, they will start being passed to the memory of your Android.
Download and save all photos and videos at once
If you want to download all your Google photo content to your Android device, you’ll need to perform the following steps:
- Insert the Google Photos app into your phone
- Now press the menu option and then on “Settings”.
- In the application, you will need to enable the “Automatically add” option.
- At the top of the screen, select the “Back” arrow.
- Then browse to the “Google Photos” folder and open it.
- Then we select the folder we want to download.
- Now we press the three points and there we choose the option “Select all” and finally “Download”.