Powerpoint is one of the programs that comes integrated in the package Microsoft Office and can be used on operating systems Windows, macOS and even on some devices Android and iOS.
Its main characteristic is that in it you can create slide shows in a very creative way, apart from that they adapt to various fields. For example, within each slide you can incorporate elements of all kinds such as animations, images, music and much more.
However, there are times when you may need to do slightly less common activities. In this case, we will teach you in detail How to duplicate a presentation slide in Microsoft PowerPoint?, easy and fast with the help of a step-by-step guide. Take note!.
What should we take into consideration when duplicating a slide?
Working with slides is a great idea when you need make attractive presentations in which you are going to incorporate different elements, be they images, videos, music and much more. In the case of Powerpoint, there is a very interesting function called Duplicate slide. With the help of this, you can include all the existing content within one slide, in another, without having to reposition the elements from scratch.
However, to enjoy it there are a number of considerations that you should know in order to perform the procedure more smoothly. First, it doesn’t matter what operating system you use, since in each of them there is the option of “Duplicate slide.” But the procedure for this varies a bit according to the version of Office you are working with.
On the other hand, the next thing to keep in mind is that when you duplicate a slide in a presentation, you can get that new slide just below the slides you have selected to duplicate. That is, the originals should be organized first and below them, the duplicates. Finally, when you go to duplicate a slide, you have to know that all the elements present in it will be copied exactly, but on a new sheet.
Learn step by step how to duplicate a slide in PowerPoint
If you need embed content from one existing slide to another, the most effective and quick solution is duplicate it. The procedure in these cases varies a bit depending on the version of Powerpoint that you have on your team.
Below we detail the step by step of how to duplicate a slide in PowerPoint according to the most recent versions, version 2010 and version 2007:
- Inside of normal sight, you must select thumbnails one or more slides you want to duplicate. In case you want to select several, click on a thumbnail and hold the Ctrl key while pressing the other thumbnails.
- Go to Home / Slides and press the arrow next to New slide.
- Next, tap on Duplicate selected slides.
In this way, slides that are duplicated will be located directly below of the last selected slide.
- Go to the panel that contains the tabs Outline and slides.
- Click on the tab Slideshow.
- Select one or more slides you want to duplicate. If you want to choose several at once, click on a slide and hold down the Ctrl key, while clicking on the other slides.
- Go to the tab Start, Within the group Slideshow.
- Once there, click on the arrow next to New slide. Next, tap on Duplicate selected slides.
- Inside the panel where the tabs are Outline and slides, select the tab Slideshow.
- Choose the slides to duplicate.
- Within Start, specifically in Slideshow, click New slide.
- In the design gallery, tap Duplicate selected slides.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉