The tool that we will see in this article is one of the least known of Microsoft Word, many people do not know the scope of it. Its name is “Page Borders”.
It is characterized by being a simple function, which with a few steps configures different options making the text more detailed and stand out for the reader.
It can not only be applied in paragraphs or in the document, but also in images, thus making them original and standing out from the rest. If you want to know more about the edges of Word, we invite you to continue reading.
What is a border and what is it for in Microsoft Word?
A border in Microsoft Word is a feature that allows you to highlight a paragraph, a sheet or an image with external lines that can be modified in terms of thickness, style and color. This tool can be applied to the entire document or to a section (which may or may not include the first page).
Border uses How can I improve the aesthetics of my Word documents?
When you want to improve the aesthetics of your document you can use the borders of Word. This function will help you, with very simple and quick steps, to have a text with a perfect appearance of the wording.
In this way you can combine the thickness of the line, being able to be filled or with broken points. In addition, you will have the option to choose if you want to make the border look like a box, or have a shadow or make a 3D effect. But if you prefer, you can create your own design, where you can replace the line with other art objects.
You can also choose the border color and the type of shading you want. Finally, to perfect the document, you can find the best option by choosing the distance between the words and the line.
What elements can I add borders to in Microsoft Word?
Many people believe that you can only add borders to paragraphs or pages, But this is not so. Microsoft Word also allows you to add borders for text and image purposes, making them look really amazing.
Steps to use Microsoft Word borders like an expert
The steps that you will have to follow to use this Microsoft Word tool will be those that we will show you below, according to the element you want to highlight. Let us begin:
When you want to add a border to a text you will have to do the following:
- Select the paragraph you want to highlight.
- The ribbon go to the tab “Design”.
- Choose the role group “Page background”.
- Look for the option “Page borders”.
- A window will appear where you will have to choose the tab “Borders”.
- In the left part select if you want the border to be a box, with a shadow style or 3D. You can click on “Personalized” and modify the default preferences.
- When you know what kind of edges you want, choose the line style. Then find the color and at the end the width of the line.
- Once you have everything defined you will have to select if you want to apply to the text or a paragraph where the selection you have is located.
- To finish click on “To accept”.
In case you need to apply throughout the document you will have to follow this guide:
- Once you have chosen “Page borders”, you will have to go to the tab “Page Border”.
- Select the style you want for the inset, then choose the line type, color, and width.
- If you prefer, you can change a line for clipart. For this you will have to go to the field “Art” and display the menu.
- When you have finished you will have to select in “Apply to:” so you can choose if you want to apply the border throughout the document or in the section where the selection you made of the text is located.
- When you want to change the border of the shading and modify the margins you will have to click on “Options” and then choose the measurements you want.
- You will have to click on “To accept” to finish the task.
So that you can use the borders in images you will have to follow this step by step:
- Select the image you want to highlight. You must bear in mind that you will not have to include texts or any other paragraph, since the border will move to these words as well.
- Go to “Design”, choose “Page background” and click on “Page borders”.
- Select the tab “Borders”.
- Choose box, shadow, or 3D as the border type.
- Select the style, color, and width of the line the border will have.
- In “Apply to:” click on the option “Paragraph”.
- Click on “To accept”.
Another way you have to highlight an image, but it is not considered edge is by right clicking on the image. In the menu you will have to choose “Image format …” and then you can select if you want to add a shadow, transparency, blur or make a reflection.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉