Nowadays, most users usually work on their computers, managing different types of files and programs. This is where the disadvantages arise, especially when we need to convert one type of format to another , either to open it or send it by e-mail.
In the case of JPG images, we often need to convert them to PDF format , either to upload them to a website where they only allow this format or simply send them to another person or attach them to a PDF document.
This process of passing an image to the PDF format is very easy, as long as you have the necessary tools for it. This way, here we explain different methods so you can do it from your Windows, Linux and Mac computer, as well as Android and iPhone mobile device.
Steps and methods to convert photos and images in .JPG or .JPEG format to .PDF files
On many occasions, we have a JPG or JPEG image on our computer or Smartphone and we need to convert it to a PDF file for some special reason. This may seem like a very complicated and difficult process at first glance, but the truth is that it is something very simple to perform.
This is why we will explain here which method to use depending on the operating system of your PC or mobile phone. This is followed by each of these methods that we will explain below:
Convert to Windows 10, 7 and 8
In the case of Windows computers, being able to convert a jpg or jpeg image to PDF format is very simple, there are different methods we can do this.
That’s why here we’ll explain the printing function method you can run on Windows 7, 8 and 10 to start converting your JPG files to PDF whenever you need to, so follow these steps:
- The first thing you will need to do is look for your JPG or JPEG image that you want to convert to PDF and open it with the Windows photo viewer.
- When they have been opened, you will have to select the “Print” option.
- There you select the printer option: “Adobe PDF” and finally click “Print”.
- There you will be sent to print the image and then you will open Windows Explorer where you can save the image, but now in PDF format. You just need to select the place where you want to save it and click “Save”.
Download the JPG to PDF on Linux
In the case of Linux computers, there are two methods we can run to convert a JPG file to PDF . In this case, we will present the method of commands that will be done through an open source program called imagemagick or through a graphical interface where we will use gscan2pdf. In this case, you can use what you consider the simplest.
To do this, follow these steps:
On the command line
If you decide to run the command line method , you will need to install the imagemagick command pack . This package provides us with a set of command line tools that will help us convert JPG images to PDF files , where you will also find a large number of other options.
In this case, we can use commands to convert all JPG or JPEG images to PDF or also a single specific image, as appropriate.
At the time of entering the package, we will find these three commands:
- Cd / home
- Convert * .jpg name.pdf
- Convert photo.jpg name .pdf
The number one command can be used to convert all existing JPEG images to PDF. This is usually used in cases where we have to convert a large number of images to this format.
The number two and three command is used to convert only one image into a specific one and that must match the name of the command.
In case you are not one of the people who gets along very well with the commands and prefer to use another type of method, then you can try the following way to convert a JPG image to a PDF file.
Using a graphical interface
Currently, there are a large number of graphical interfaces that allow you to perform this type of action from your computer or mobile device. In this case, we decided to work with the gscan2pdf program, which is mainly characterized by its ease of operation.
To do this, you must follow the steps we explain below:
- The first thing you have to do is insert gscan2pdf .
- The next step will be to search and insert the image or images that we want to convert to PDF.
- When these images were added to gscan2pdf , we can start rearranging them in order of priority at the time of conversion. To do this, we use the list that appears on the left of the screen.
- When everyone is sorted, we select the “Save” or “Save” option.
- A new window will open, where we find different options that we can choose. However, in this case, it is important to select only the output format that is PDF and, in case you want to convert a group of images, select the option “All” so that all of them are converted to the new format.
- Finally, we click “Accept” and after a few seconds, the images will be converted to PDF format.
Convert images to PDF for Mac
Images are one of the most used and important files for all users. However, on many occasions we have the need to convert a JPG image to PDF format, either because it needs to be uploaded to a web page or to print it or send it by e-mail in that format.
In the case of MAC computers , we can use a tool called PDFelement , it is a payment tool, but it has a trial version . Therefore, here we explain how to do this through PDFelement with the following steps:
- The first thing will be to download the PDFelement software to the MAC.
- Once installed, we open and in the initial window will appear the button “Create PDF” and click on it.
- Now we can upload the JPG image that we want to convert to PDF.
- You can also use the following path to upload the JPG image: “File”> “Create”> “PDF from File”> “select the image”> “Load JPG file”.
- Now the JPG file will appear as an image, but in PDF format. The software detects the image as scanned and therefore needs to edit it.
- To do this we click on “Perform OCR” and then “Edit”, here you can start editing your PDF file.
Using an online converter
Another way we can use to start converting images in JPG or JPEG format to PDF is through an online converter . It is important to mention that currently there are a large number of them that we can get on the internet and that they are totally free, that is why today we will introduce the online converter Ilovepdf, which is characterized by speed of conversion and ease of handling.
So here we explain how to convert a PDF image with Ilovepdf:
- The first thing will be to insert iLovepdf in your preferred browser.
- There you will find a big red box where you will have to click to load the image you want to convert. You can also upload the image from Dropbox or Google Drive.
- After the image is uploaded, a new window will open, where the uploaded image will appear and the option to add more images, if applicable.
- When you have loaded all the images you want to convert, the next thing to do is click in the bottom right corner of the screen on the “Convert to PDF” option.
- Then you will appear loading the image in its new format.
- Finally, the image has been converted to PDF and the option to download it to your computer will appear . This way, you can start converting your JPG images to PDF through an online converter.
Convert images to PDF files on Android
It is very likely that at some point you will receive or have a JPG image on your mobile device and want to convert it to a PDF format for a specific reason, either to send it to a website or simply send it to someone else in that format.
In the case of Android mobile devices, there are different applications that will help us do this. This way, we present the “PDF Converter: Documents to PDF” application, which is not available on the Play Store.
To achieve this, you just need to follow these steps:
- To get started, you will need to install PDF Converter: Documents to PDF in your terminal.
- Once installed on the Smartphone, we open and grant the relevant storage permissions for the application.
- The next step will be to search and select the JPG image we want to convert to PDF. There, we will find other options to convert web pages, text, emails, contacts, among others.
- After the image is selected, we should click on the top bar to convert it to PDF . After a few seconds, the image will be converted into a PDF file.
PDF photo with iPhone or iPad
Being able to convert a JPG image to PDF format from an iOS mobile device is very simple, especially since we don’t need to resort to any third-party application. So if you don’t like to install and take up space on your Smartphone, then this is great news for you.
To convert an image to PDF, just follow these steps:
- The first thing you have to do is enter the “PICTURES” application and look for the image you want to convert.
- When we find it, we should click on the “Share” button
- Now, between the options menu that appears, we select the option “Print”.
- The following screen will appear, you must click on the image that appears below and select the “Share” option again.
- Finally, you must select the address from where you want to store your PDF image , in this case, you can select “Copy in iBooks”, there you can access it as many times as you want from your Smartphone.
This post is also available in: Português (Portuguese (Brazil))