E-mail accounts are a kind of digital identity card. We use them to do almost everything on the networks. Perhaps their initial function was to send and receive messages, which later extended to receiving and sending files, which is essential for companies. But today, they go much further than that.
To enter and use any online store, or even to contact a company in case you want to request its services or products, you need to enter an e-mail that will act as your identity in that online portal. In this way, you will be able to enter a user account in which all the necessary information is gathered and the people in charge of the website can determine your identity, even if it is only partially.
Many companies have chosen to facilitate e-mail to their customers, since they are already a vital element for the good movement on the Internet, in fact they are even needed to enter social networks. And, although it is usual to use Outlook, Gmail or even Yahoo! solutions, here we are going to talk about a slightly different and more professional proposal. We are going to explain you how to create a Movistar email account.
Register a new Telefónica Movistar email Is it possible?
The telephone giant, formerly known as Telefónica, has been offering its customers the possibility of registering an e-mail with its domain name and, although it no longer allows new registrations, it is possible to access this account if it was registered some time ago. We are going to show you how to do it and also how to configure it both in your mobile phone and in your PC through Microsoft Outlook. All with simple and detailed explanations, step by step so that you don’t get lost at any time.
It is currently impossible to register a new Telefonica Movistar email. The company decided that, as of April 27, 2013, it would not be allowed to open new email accounts in its services. However, all those who registered one before that date are allowed to continue accessing it and using it as any other.
According to the company itself, the abandonment of the new e-mail registration under its domain is due to the need to focus entirely on the voice communication and Internet access services they offer to customers.
How to access the Movistar Mail Service previously called Telefonica.net?
The process to access Movistar’s mail service, formerly Telefonica.net, is quite easy. You only have to carry out a couple of simple steps and, in a matter of seconds, you will be managing your inboxes and outboxes, writing emails and everything else you want to do through this free mail service. These are the steps you must follow:
1 – Go to the Correo de Movistar website
Open your web browser and enter the following URL in the address bar: https://correo.movistar.es. This will take you directly to the login menu of the email.
2 – Enter your email address
Once inside this portal, you only have to fill in the two fields of the small form to start using your Movistar e-mail.
- Enter the appropriate email address (ending with “@movistar.es“)
- Then, the password you assigned at the time.
- Now, click on “Connect” and you will be in your email.
If you do not remember your login details, you must click on “I cannot access my account”, an option available under the login button. When you click there, you will be redirected to a portal where you can indicate your email and fill in a captcha to be able to retrieve your password.
Although this option is one of the most immediate, to have access to your Movistar mail you also have other alternatives that can be quite interesting. In fact, you can choose to manage it entirely from your cell phone or mobile phone, as another profile, or even through external software on your PC or computer. There are so many options that you can choose the one that is most comfortable for you. Let’s see them all below.
How do I configure the Movistar email account on my iPhone or Android mobile phone?
The first thing you have to do in this section, if you want to configure your Movistar email account on your Android smartphone or iPhone device, is to keep in mind both the email address that corresponds to it and, of course, the password to enter. If you do not know either of these, it will be impossible for you unless you ask Movistar to resend you the password.
Now, let’s explain how to proceed with entering your mail into the cell phone. It’s easy and, although we’ll follow the Android model, the case of the iPhone is very similar, since the key data to use is exactly the same.
1 – Go to the “Accounts” section and add a new
- First, go to the “Settings” menu and once there, look for the “Accounts” section. Do this and enter it.
- Once inside, click on “Add account” and, on the screen that will now appear, click on “Email“.
2 – Data entry
First, start by entering both the email address and the password in the appropriate fields. Do this and click on “Manual Settings”.
It will ask us what type of account we want, choose the option “POP3 account” and fill in the fields that appear on the screen as follows:
- Server: pop3.movistar.es
- Port: 110 (995 if SSL encrypted connection)
If you prefer the IMAP connection:
- The name of the server has to be imap.movistar.es
- The port number is 143 (993 in case of SSL encrypted connection)
After that, it’s time to do the same with the outgoing mail:
- To do this, in the name of the server you must write: mailhost.movistar.es. *In case of requesting a password, we write the one that belongs to our e-mail account and in the user, our e-mail address.
- In the section where the port is indicated, it is filled in with the number 25
The rest is already moving forward in the process, accepting requests from the mail manager. Your Movistar account will be linked very easily.
From now on, emails that arrive in this email account’s inbox will be notified instantly on your phone (or depending on how you set up notifications). In addition, you can send any file without complications, with the option of sharing and selecting the mail to do so. Having your email on your smartphone is a great convenience, especially for those people who can’t stop in front of the PC and need to pay attention to this channel of communication.
Configure Outlook to access Movistar mail on my PC
The most common alternative when checking email is to do so via a computer. In this case, the most common way is to set up Outlook to access Movistar mail on your PC. You don’t have to go through a web browser and you are notified of everything so that, if you are at other times, you will know when you receive a message automatically.
Below we explain all the steps necessary to enter your Movistar mail using Outlook on computer.
1 – Open Microsoft Outlook and add an account
- Before you start doing anything, you must open the version of Microsoft Outlook that you have installed on your PC.
- Once inside, open the tools menu and, when doing so, look for the “options” menu and click on it.
- A window will open with several tabs and possible settings. Find the one called “Mail Settings” (or similar), click on it and then on “Email Accounts…“.
- Now, you will have another new window in front of you with the accounts that have supposedly been linked in your Outlook application. Click on “New…” to add the new one.
2 – Configure your Movistar mail
- You have to start filling in the fields to establish the appropriate configuration and be able to log in to your Movistar email through Outlook. Write your name, e-mail address, password and repeat the last one.
- Once you’ve done this, check the manual setup box and click “Next” to move forward.
- Leave the e-mail box checked and click “Next”.
- Now you have to fill in several fields to move forward. First, type “pop3.movistar.es” in “Incoming mail server”. Remember first that the option POP3 must be chosen in the account type. Then, in the outgoing mail server you have to fill in “mailhost.movistar.es“.
- The last two fields, username and password, are the same as your email and password. Write them again and click on “Next”.
3 – Process completed
You’ve already entered your Movistar email in Outlook! All the emails will arrive through the application and you will be able to manage them easily and without complications from your PC.
Although it is true that Movistar is one of the mobile phone companies that is most used throughout Spain and also in many other countries worldwide. As a result, it is a company with numerous clients and, above all, because every day new users are adding to the renowned service.
In this way, once people start to be part of Movistar, they usually create a Movistar Mail so that it is much easier to manage various types of errands around their phone line. But, as it happens in many cases, unfortunately many users lose or forget the password of these emails and do not know the process to follow to recover it.
In view of this, we have created this post to be able to solve this problem and, furthermore, if you are one of the users who wants to modify their data in the Movistar account, we also indicate what you should do, below. In the final part, we even show you how to make a complaint to the company and where to send it in order to obtain faster results.
How can I recover my Movistar e-mail password if I have forgotten or lost it?
Fortunately, it is an extremely simple process to perform. First of all, we will refer to the step-by-step process you have to perform when you do not have an alternative email account configured in your Movistar email.
Then, once you get the famous message: “Invalid username or password“, you have to proceed to do the following to get a new password to be able to access:
- To start, you have to click on the option “Forgot your password”, which is located on the same Login screen to access the company’s mail.
- The page then asks you to enter the full email from which you want to retrieve the key. Therefore, you must copy it where indicated and, in addition, place the letters in the image to continue.
- Now, you must enter your My Movistar Fixed user along with your indicated password. Which, of course, is associated with the phone line (which allows you to be a user of the mail account). To click on the button “OK“.
- When the new screen appears, you will be shown all the email accounts that are associated with that phone line and you must click on the one you want to retrieve. After that, click on “OK“.
- Once the previous steps have been completed, the service will provide you with a temporary password that you will use to access your Movistar mail and with the help of this, you can regenerate the password. Please note that this temporary password is only valid for one use.
- After copying the temporary password and pressing the “Finish” button, the website will redirect you to the initial Movistar email login screen to enter the site using the password obtained.
- Automatically when you access, you will be shown a window where you have to fill in the data indicated. That is, the new key of your Movistar email and its confirmation without errors. To do this, click on “Access”.
- Finally, a confirmation message will appear to gain access to the email with your new password. At this point, just click on “Finish” and the page will immediately return to the Login screen.
However, in case you have configured an alternative email account that is of course different from the Movistar email account, the process is faster.
Since, from the beginning you will be sent an email to this alternative account that contains a link and that link, directs you immediately to step number 5 that we indicate here. Therefore, you will only have to complete steps 6, 7 and 8 to recover your Movistar email key.
How can I modify my access data in my Movistar account?
However, many people have problems or doubts about modifying the access data they have in their Movistar account. Being this, an account that most users have in the official page of that service.
So, to solve this kind of requirements, we will inform you about the steps you must execute to change your password, account holder and billing data to your liking in My Movistar.
If you want to change your password in the account you have in My Movistar, you can do it as if you had forgotten or lost it, that is, through the button “Forgot your password? The good thing is that it’s a quick process and then we’ll show you the steps to follow:
- In the initial screen of My Movistar, locate the section that contains the spaces to enter your user and password. There, you must click on “Forgot your password”; button located at the bottom of the “Enter” option.
- You will then be redirected to a new window with the title: “Recover your My Movistar online key“. In this section, you must provide a series of data such as your telephone number or the name of the administrator in the “Login” field, then you must select your nationality and the type of document, as well as copy the identification number.
- Once you specify this information, click on the “Send Data” button below.
- After that, you have to answer your secret question correctly. In case you have specified several, simply choose one in the drop-down menu “Question”, to answer it and finally click on “Send data“.
- The system will now automatically send you a temporary password via email or text message. This depends on what you are told on the confirmation screen, where you must click “Finish“.
- When you receive your new temporary password, you must use it to enter Mi Movistar as if it were your first time accessing the system. There, you change your password to the one you want and that’s it.
- To conclude, you will receive a message in your associated email inbox. It confirms that you have a new password.
Change the holder
There are usually two ways to change the ownership of Movistar customers. The first is to go to a service centre anywhere in your city and do it personally. On the other hand, there is a method for carrying out the change via the company’s website, by filling in a form.
In reference to the one made in person, we indicate that it can apply to prepaid and postpaid users of both mobile telephony, as well as fixed telephony, Movistar TV and mobile Internet. In this sense, during the change of ownership of an account, what is done is to modify the name and the identification document of the user.
The necessary requirements for this are:
- The presence of the registered owner at the time.
- In case the holder is unable to appear, the other person nominated must carry a line-transfer letter containing Name and surname of the holder, name and surname of the new holder, identification number of the holder and the new holder, telephone number on which the change of ownership is made, signature of both customers and fingerprint of the new holder (captured in the same service centre).
- If the account holder cannot read or write and the letter is not signed by the account holder, the letter should be printed with a right and left thumb print with the message “Voucher for signature” at the bottom.
- In addition, a photocopy of the holder’s identity card must be attached to the letter.
It is important to note that, in order to carry out changes in ownership of a Movistar account, it must be active and, if prepared, may be disconnected only at the time of transfer.
On the other hand, we find the method to carry out the change of ownership through the Movistar web service. This, can belong to a mobile, fixed or merger contract line (but if it influences specific cases, the change cannot be made online). To do this, you must fill in the form below:
It is worth noting that if it is a Fusion line, you must check the box “Indicate if the line is part of a Movistar Fusion“, which is mandatory. Also, detail the numbers on which you want the change to be applied (in the field of Observations). From that moment on, the lines in question no longer belong to the original Merger package.
Once you have finished providing all the information requested there, you must click on “Send” and the Movistar service will contact you as soon as possible to make the recording that confirms the change of owner you have requested, so that you can proceed to make it.
Change billing data
This process is included in a data update in My Movistar, where you can perfectly manage all the information related to your phone bills. In this sense, when they refer to the billing data, they basically do it according to the bank accounts, billing address, the language of the bills and the paperless bills.
On the other hand, to be able to modify those aspects of your Movistar account, you have to enter your user name or telephone number together with your password in the Login part. Then, go to the upper section called “Transactions” and in that drop-down menu, click on “Update data“.
After that, you will be redirected to a new window and in this one, you can modify the boxes that you wish, to later click in the button “Continue“. This way, the changes made will be shown to you and you only have to click on “Confirm” to finish the process.
It is important to note that, when you make changes to your bank account, you are also allowed to direct debit the receipts to your bank account through this same website. This way, you can avoid long lines at the bank to pay.
In addition, changes to the billing address and the language of the invoices can be executed without any problem in mobile, merger and fixed invoices. As for the paperless invoices, they give you the facility to update the email in which you receive the notice of availability of your invoices every month.
How to make a complaint to Movistar and where to send it?
As with all services, Movistar sometimes makes mistakes and its customers need to make a claim and send their complaint quickly so that the company can provide an optimal and quick solution to their specific problem. However, many users do not know how to do this so that it reaches the company directly.
Well, the whole process should be carried out through Movistar’s Customer Service. Therefore, you should start by notifying your claim to the telecom company and fortunately, you have several forms at hand to do so. This can be done by phone, through their official website by filling out an online form, or by mail, or by going in person to one of their business offices.
In case your claim is about a wrongful collection, you must have the invoice of such collection at hand, so that you can provide the invoice number, its date and the amount collected when you are asked for it. You will also be asked for your personal and contact details (it is recommended that the owner of the telephone line makes the complaint).
To complain by phone, you can call the following numbers:
- With the code “1004” which automatically puts you in touch with Customer Service.
- To the free customer service number : 900 101 010.
If you choose to use this method, you have the right to request an official document stating the complaint or claim you have made, through any support provided by the company. They usually have 48 hours to respond to you.
Alternatively, you can do so by registered post and send it to the following address: “Gran Vía, 28 28013. Madrid“, if you are in Spain. Once the service receives your complaint, they have a period of one month to answer you and solve the problem. We recommend that you keep a copy of the complaint as a record. However, this form of complaint is not suitable for a problem that needs a quick solution.
However, if you prefer to make your claim through the Internet, you must access the official website of the service and enter the Customer Service section. To make a complaint in this way, you will be asked to fill in a form that is the same or similar to the one shown below (depending on the type of complaint)
Once you have filled in all the fields, you have to click on “Send” and the service will surely contact you through your phone or through the email you have indicated.
Once you have filled in all the fields, you have to click on “Send” and the service will surely contact you through your phone or through the email you have indicated.
This post is also available in: Português (Portuguese (Brazil))