It is already indispensable to have an email. Everyone who moves around the network of networks knows that having an e-mail is like having a digital identity card to access any portal that requires registration, as well as to send any kind of information between users quickly, directly and much more comfortably than by other means.
There are many ways to create an email these days. Anyone can get a new account thanks to Microsoft or Google, which are the big names anyone can think of when talking about technology and computer systems; however, Yahoo should not be left out. The more than reputable online search engine has also been offering a well known and effective mail service for years, Yahoo Mail, and is for many a major proposition rather than an alternative.
And how do I create a Yahoo! Mail account? That’s probably the question you’re asking yourself. Registering a profile in this portal is synonymous with getting an email also linked to their services (“@yahoo.es” or “@yahoo.com”) with which to do all those tasks typical of any email. Send mails, receive messages, manage accounts… All through a platform provided by Yahoo itself and available to anyone interested.
How do I register an email account with Yahoo! Mail?
In this guide we are going to help you in the process of opening a user account in Yahoo so that you have access to Yahoo Mail and all the services it has. Step by step and paying attention to all the details, we will make sure that, if you follow everything we say, you will be able to open your profile in a matter of minutes. And if you want to set up that email on your mobile phone, or even get rid of it, we’ll help you out too.
To register an email account with Yahoo you only need to have an internet connection and use a traditional browser to enter the company’s website. This is a typical registration procedure in which you have to enter several data and perform a few simple steps that, as you will see below, are quite easy.
1 – Enter the Yahoo website
Through your web browser, you must go to the Yahoo homepage to open a new email account. Enter the following URL in the address bar: https://yahoo.com. Once you have done this, go to the top right and click on the “Mail” button.
When you are redirected to the Yahoo Mail login page, instead of trying to fill in the field that appears, scroll down a little and click on “Register“. This will take you to the form for registering a new email.
2 – Enter your user data
In order to create the account, Yahoo needs a series of personal data to be able to provide it with an identity. You must write your name and surname in the spaces provided. Then, do the same with the email address you want to have, keeping in mind that it must be unique in order to move forward.
After this, enter a password (it is recommended that you mix numbers and letters to be more secure), a mobile phone number to be linked to allow the recovery of the mail in case you have problems logging in, the date of birth and your gender (this last data is optional).
3 – Check your phone
In this step, after having completed the previous step, Yahoo Mail asks you to confirm that the phone entered is real and belongs to you. You have to click on the button to have a code sent via SMS to your mobile.
When you receive it, open it and memorize the code that appears on it, since you have to enter it in the corresponding field inside your PC and then click on the “Verify” button.
4 – Yahoo! mail created
At this point, your Yahoo mail is ready to go. Before finishing, you will be asked if you want to receive information about offers, promotions and so on, something you can activate or deactivate by checking or unchecking the box. Click on “Continue” and you’ll be taken directly to your new email box. Done!
How do I set up my new Yahoo email account?
Although logging in through the webmail service that Yahoo makes available to users on its online portal is a good option, the best thing to do, if you use a mobile device, is to set it up to synchronize and you can manage your emails or even receive notifications without having to log in to any website.
To learn how to set up your new Yahoo email account on both Android and iOS, read on.
The native Android mail application can be configured to handle mail from many different systems. In the specific case of Yahoo email, this is what you have to do to set up the account:
- Look for the “Settings” icon and click on it to access the settings panel of your Android mobile phone.
- Now, go to the “Accounts” section and enter it.
- In the list that appears, scroll down to the bottom and click on “Add account”.
- Of all the options that now appear on the screen, you have to click on the second one, “Mail”.
- Before you type anything, click on “Manual Settings” to display a screen with two alternatives: “POP3” or “IMAP“. Choose either one and proceed as indicated with the corresponding fields, always entering your Yahoo account email and password in “Username” and “Password”:
POP3 Incoming server:
- Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
- Port: 995
- Security type: SSL/TLS.
IMAP Incoming server:
- Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com.
- Port: 993
- Security type: SSL/TLS.
SMTP Outgoing server:
- Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- Port: 465/587
- Security type: SSL/TLS.
- Authentication: Yes.
Filled in the relevant fields as we have explained your Yahoo email will be ready to work in Android.
On terminals with the iOS operating system, it is much easier to set up the Yahoo email, since their email application has the parameters stored so that you only have to click on one option to activate them. Here are the steps to follow to get your iPhone or iPad up and running
- Go to the “Settings” section of your phone or iOS tablet by tapping on the gear icon inside.
- Now, go to the section called “Accounts and passwords” and, within it, look for the option “Add account“.
- When you do so, a list of different email service providers will appear. Just click on “Yahoo!” to move forward to login with your Yahoo! email.
- On the next screen, enter the corresponding email address and the password you use to access it and move on.
- Wait until the terminal checks that everything is in order with the servers. In a few seconds you will have set up your Yahoo mail in iOS.
How do I set up and customize my Yahoo account inbox?
One of the advantages of this email service is the ability to customize and give a touch more “ours” to the inbox of our mail, there are different levels of difficulty to carry out, follow the points below and give a personal touch to your mail!
Basic level: Set up your inbox
The inbox is, so to speak, the beginning of your account. This is the face and essence of your account, the place you will visit most and where each and every email will reach you. In short, giving it a decoration of your taste from the first moment will make your work more enjoyable.
How can you do this? As soon as you register at Yahoo you will be presented with the option to do this by a “Hello, First Name Last Name! Customize your inbox with a background. ”
Under this message you will see several images, photos and wallpapers for you to choose from. Take your time to look through them all and choose your favorite (don’t be overwhelmed if you are not inspired or satisfied with your choice now, you can reconfigure it later).
Once you’ve selected your favorite image, simply click on “save background“, and that’s it! Your inbox is now full of color and your personal touch.
If you don’t want to choose a background for your inbox, or if you prefer to leave this task for later, click on the option at the bottom right: “not now” and you can skip this step.
Medium level: Customize the text of your messages
What you will do most in Yahoo is write: answer emails, send jobs, proposals, complaints, doubts… therefore, the font you use for this will be one of the most important elements.
To begin with, at the top of the screen you will see a button that says “Write”, click on it and you will see that a blank document opens.
At the top of the page where it says “To” you should insert the recipient’s email address, example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below this, where it says “Subject” you should briefly summarize the purpose or message of what you will develop next. For example:
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: “Monday’s meeting suspended”
In the remaining blank space you should develop the message, in this case, you should explain the reasons why the meeting is suspended. This is where the choice of typeface begins.
At the bottom of the screen you can see several text customization options represented by small figures such as: a clip, a T, a B in bold, an I in italics, a face or an emoticon… Now it’s your turn, write a test text and explore all the editing options you have.
Expert level: Add your signature
The signature is one of the most relevant signs of personal branding. To insert your own you will have to click on “Settings” and then on “Accounts“. Once your account is selected you will see an option that says: “include a signature” and add your own. Now just save and you will have your signature in all the following messages.
How do I delete my Yahoo email account?
You may be wondering how to delete your Yahoo email account because of disuse or because you have found a better or more suitable system for your needs. This mail system has an option designed to make it easier for anyone who wants to get rid of their mail profile to do so without too many complications, and in this section we will explain what you should do to say goodbye to Yahoo Mail:
- First we will have to enter the account deletion URL from here. With it you enter directly into the delete menu of your Yahoo Mail.
- When you’re in, scroll down to the end of the long text that comes up on the screen and click “Continue to delete my account”.
- The next step is to enter the email address of the account you want to delete. Write it in the field on the screen and click on “Yes, close my account”.
- You will be sent back to the previous screen, so go back down and click on “Continue to delete my account” again.
- Again, type in your Yahoo email address again and click on the button with the text “Yes, close my account”.
- From this point on, the account will be completely deactivated pending its complete deletion. Click on “Sounds good” and you’ll be done with the whole procedure. You will not be able to access this email again during the entire deletion process.
Because of all this, we recommend that, before doing anything, you copy all the important information that you may have in the mail for the future. Whatever you may have, will be completely deleted.
This post is also available in: Português (Portuguese (Brazil))