One of the most widely used mobile operating systems today is iOS. Which, of course, belongs to the multinational Apple and, although it was developed only for the iPhone at first, it is now also used on the iPad and iPod Touch. Taking into account that, among all these devices, the iPhone and iPad are the most used nowadays.
Thus, numerous users handle these Apple smartphones and tablets all over the world. One of the most useful functions is to be able to reorient the screens of these computers. Whether it is to view photos or videos in a horizontal position, to write long messages and well, to have much more comfort on your iPhone or iPad.
However, although it is a very simple feature to use on other computers, the truth is that for many iOS users it is not so easy to use. Therefore, in order to assist those people who wish to turn their iPhone and iPad screen in a quick and easy way, here we will explain each of the methods that can be used to do so.
Steps to rotate my iPhone screen without enabling the auto-rotate feature
While it is true that the main way to achieve the rotation of the screen of an iPhone or any device, is by activating the automatic rotation function that, by default, all mobile phones and tablets contain. But to go beyond this well-known method, we have decided to propose a tactic that allows you to reorient the screen without directly enabling this function on your computer.
The trick here is to use AssistiveTouch on the iPhone. Which is defined as a digital resource designed for those people who have difficulties, mainly, to press a screen or buttons on an electronic equipment. But, besides its main function, AssistiveTouch also serves to operate the mobile in case the Home button is broken or does not work properly.
Thus, AssistiveTouch is catalogued as a utility that allows to overcome any obstacle to access the Home button by means of a virtual button, basically. Therefore, this option appears on the screen of the iOS devices and emulates the function of the physical button, but in a tacit way to use the equipment through its screen, exclusively.
Having clarified this, we proceed to detail each of the steps to follow to rotate the screen of any iOS in a simple way with this system utility:
- First of all, you have to access the “Settings” application which is characterized by a gray gear and shows all the functions based on the device (from the most basic, to the most advanced).
- After that, among all the options available, you have to press the tab that says “General” and with it, you will directly enter the General menu of the equipment from which you can modify various aspects of it, such as its functionality, appearance and performance.
- Then, tap on the “Accessibility” tab and among the first available options in the “Interaction” group you will see “AssistiveTouch”, which you will have to tap on. There, you’ll have to press the button right next to “AssistiveTouch” to make it show up in green, i.e. to activate the function.
- With the above, you should see a gray square on your iPhone’s screen and it‘s time to exit the Settings menu.
- Once this is done, open the application you want and, of course, allow the screen to rotate. Among the most recommended, we find these: “Notes” or “Photos”.
- At this point, you can press the gray square belonging to the AssistiveTouch function and this will expand a menu with several options, such as: “Device”, “Notification Center” and “Control Center”. But, in this case, you will have to look for the option at the bottom of that menu that indicates “Home”.
- Once you get the “Start” button, you have to press it and then the same action will be done as pressing the physical start button (as you will see).
- Now, you must press the option “Device” to see other options available within an organized menu, among which you will get the one that indicates “Rotate screen”.
- Finally, it’s time to press that option and with this, you can start rotating the screen in the direction you prefer. Also, to enable the horizontal mode, you simply have to press “Left” or “Right” and all apps that accept rotation, can be reoriented with this action easily.
- On the other hand, this function will work as long as you have the rotation lock off on the device. However, when you want to minimize the AssistiveTouch menu, just press anywhere on the screen to do so.
Activate the automatic rotation of my iOS easily step by step
Also known as the “turn off rotation lock” method, it refers to the main tool that the vast majority of iPhone and iPad users turn to when they want to make use of the feature indicated to rotate the screen of these devices.
In order to do this in a simple and effective way, we recommend that you carry out the following steps:
- The first thing you have to do is press the Start button on your iOS device. But if you prefer, you can also press the Lock Button on your iPhone or iPad to activate the display.
- After that, you must slide your finger from the bottom of the panel to the top, in order to enter the “Control Center” which is where the option to enable or disable the rotation lock of the device is located.
- At this point, proceed to press the lock icon (with red background, initially) located in the upper right corner of the menu. In these cases, this icon usually indicates the following: “Vertical orientation lock: deactivated”.
- Now, you have to unlock your Apple smartphone or tablet, either with the Touch ID registered on your computer, with an access code, or you can press the start button again.
- Then, you have to open any application you want to test that the screen rotation of the iPhone or iPad is active. Taking into account that, it is not possible to rotate the home screen and some applications do not support vertical switching (the Clock app, for example).
- Finally, once you are inside the application in question, proceed to rotate the device by 90 degrees to the left or right, so that the screen does the same. With this, you’ll see the app in landscape mode (as long as it’s compatible).
- It is important to note that, in order to maintain the rotation made previously, you must ensure that you hold the mobile phone or iPad sideways (horizontally) or straight (vertically) with the screen facing you.
List of the best applications to rotate the screen of my iPhone smartphone or iPad tablet
For further assistance, you also have the possibility of downloading a certain application on your iPhone and iPad, from which it will be much easier to rotate the screen of these devices, without having to activate the functions mentioned above or perform such processes.
Below is a brief list of the alternatives available for this in iOS equipment today:
- SBRotator: This is a Cydia classic that is compatible with almost all versions of iOS, as well as new Apple devices. This is an app that gives you the ability to use your iPhone in landscape mode in a simple way and with a special layout based on the dock on the right. Thanks to this, it allows you to rotate apps that do not have this possibility natively, such as Facebook, Twitter, GameCenter, iTunes or the App Store.
- IconRotator: Similar to the previous solution, this app is defined as a tweak Cydia Apple that facilitates the rotation of the icons located at the start of the Apple devices. This means that, it serves to make the application icons and their names look horizontal and easier to read with the device in that position. It also works with application icons within folders, so it’s consistent across the board.
This post is also available in: Português (Portuguese (Brazil))