In order to connect and connect to the Internet via a mobile phone from anywhere and whenever you want, you must first use a SIM card or chip . You have to hire the services of a telephone company that can register your number in the network to start using it.
SIM cards or chips are one of the essential components for smartphones. They are the part used by the phone to connect to any of the telephone networks available and provided by the main operators in the country, as well as the number you show when calling others and the type of tariffs you may have. .
If you don’t know how to activate a SIM card or chip, we will explain to you with this step-by-step guide. We will help you through the activation process once you have contracted the services of the different operators that are contracted today: Movistar, Vodafone, Yoigo, Orange, Jazztel and Claro . With these explanations you will have no doubts of any kind, whatever your case.
Steps to activate and validate the SIM card for mobile or cellular data
To activate the Movistar SIM card, the steps to follow are these, if prepaid:
- Type the card on your mobile phone. You will have to lift the lid or open an available slot on the side.
- Switch on the phone and enter the PIN code that comes with your SIM card.
- Call any phone number to activate it. If you have picked it up in the store, it will already be active.
If it’s a contract card, see what you should do:
- Follow the points 1 and 2 explained above.
- Call 1004 and ask for the card to be activated. You can wait a total of 24 hours for the activation to take place automatically.
- If you pick up the SIM card in a store, you only have to wait for a maximum of 7 days , although it can be activated at the moment.
In case of using a Vodafone YES , two possible cases are also raised. The first is if you are a new customer.
- Type the chip into your smartphone.
- Switch on the phone and enter the PIN code so you can access it completely.
- The card is automatically activated. Now you can browse and call.
If you are a regular customer, the process is different:
- Open a web browser on your PC and enter the following URL: https://www.vodafone.es/c/particulares/es/ .
- Click on the icon with a bust in the top right corner
- Fill in the ” User ” field with your name or e-mail and the ” Password ” field with the password. After that, click on “Enter My Vodafone”.
- Once inside, go to the private area panel and access “My Products”.
- After that, you need to go to the “My Phone and SIM” tab to see all possible related options.
- Now you need to click on “Change SIM”.
- In this submenu, you must fill in all the fields that appear with your data and those of the new SIM chip you want to enable.
- When finished, turn off the PC.
- Now insert the card into your terminal and turn it on.
- Finish by entering the PIN code of this SIM.
- You are already qualified!
To validate the Jazztel SIM card for both navigation and calling, it is necessary to take into account the different situations that may exist.
In case you request a renewal due to theft or loss , or even be a new customer, the card will already be active. What you have to do is just:
- Put the chip in your phone.
- Turn it on and write the corresponding PIN.
This procedure applies to all other cases with instant activation also when requesting a contract card. If it is prepaid, it is something different:
- Type the SIM card on your smartphone.
- Turn on the phone and enter the PIN code you received.
- Call any number or send a short message (SMS).
- You have already validated your card!
In the case of the Orange SIM card, the steps you should follow are:
- Type the SIM card into your phone.
- On your computer, open your browser and access the following address: http://areaclientes.orange.es/ .
- Log in by entering your current phone number and password. Then click “Enter with password”.
- Once inside, choose the number you will change the SIM card to.
- Click on “Change YES”.
- Now, write the new number that comes with the card you bought.
- Then click on “Validate card”.
- Now choose the SIM you want to change to the new one and click on “Validate Card” again.
- Now, just connect the phone with the card you just inserted. Enter the PIN and everything will be activated.
In case you want to activate Claro SIM chips , the process to be executed is the following:
- Insert the new SIM into your smartphone.
- Turn on the terminal and write the PIN code that comes with the card.
- Now, proceed as if you were making a call, but write “* 411 #”.
- In the box that now appears, enter the 17-digit key that also comes with your SIM card. After that, press ” Send “.
- Rewrite the code on the new screen and press the same button again.
- After all this, you will see a message indicating that the process was executed correctly.
- Wait a little longer and the card will be activated automatically.
In the case of Yoigo cards, they can be activated automatically once purchased in the store. Otherwise, you need to do this:
- Insert the SIM card into your phone.
- Enter the PIN code and accept to start the terminal.
- Now call Yoigo’s attention number: 622 . If you cannot, take another terminal and call 622 622 .
- Ask the operator to activate the card.
- Wait for the indicated period and you will be active.