Do you need to mute, archive or delete Telegram groups or channels? Don’t worry, we will teach you how to do it easily, safely and quickly. To do this, you will have to continue reading to the end.
If you want your devices not to collapse with messages that you do not read many times, Then we will show you the step by step you have to do to leave a Telegram group.
But this is not all you will see, We will also tell you how you should do each step to keep your conversations up to date on a mobile, on a computer or on Telegram Web. Check out.
Learn step by step how to leave a Telegram group or channel from any of your devices
We will show you below the steps you will have to do when you want to leave a group or a Telegram channel:
To leave a Telegram group from your Android or iOS mobile, follow this process:
- The first thing you should do is open the application on your mobile.
- Now go to Home page and choose an open chat.
- Among these you will see the channels or groups to which you belong. Find the group you want to get out of.
- Enter the chat of the corresponding group or channel, just as if you were to send a message.
- When you are inside it, press the icon with the three vertical dots in the right corner.
- A drop-down menu will open in which you must choose Exit channel or Leave the group.
- By doing so the platform will show you a notification. In it you must confirm that you want to leave the group pressing the red button.
Remember that, after giving your confirmation of abandonment, Telegram will give you 4 seconds to undo the action. This will appear at the bottom of the chats, if you want to undo your action just press the lower icon with an arrow shape.
In the computer
When you want to leave a group from the computer, follow these steps:
- Open the desktop app with your account.
- Look in the left sidebar the chat that corresponds to the groups.
- Click on the one you want unsubscribe.
- Later, click on the three dots in the right corner, above the conversations.
- Once the menu displays, choose Delete and exit.
- Confirm your decision by clicking Okay and ready!
When it comes to a channel within Telegram the process is similar. However, when you access the information you must scroll down. Then, click on the option Exit channel to finish and then confirm the action.
From Telegram Web
If you want leave a channel or group to which you belong on Telegram, you can use the browser to do it.
To do this, you will have to follow this guide:
Sign in with your browser to the URL
- The first thing you should do is place your mobile number and country.
- You will receive in the Telegram app a 6-digit login code that you should place it on the web.
- Automatically you will log in.
- Within your chats, click on the channel or group you want to get out of.
- Once inside the conversations, select in the upper bar where you can find group name.
- In this information window all the members of this.
- Find among these your profile picture or name.
- Now click on the link, right next to your name Leave the group.
- A window will appear warning you if you want to leave, so you must click on Okay. With this it will no longer appear in any of your accounts.
You can also select the channel and press is the upper part to know more information. Next, choose the menu represented by three lines. This will allow you to choose Exit channel.
Find out how to silence Telegram groups to prevent their notifications from reaching you
If what you are looking for is know everything that is spoken within the groups, but you don’t want to receive notifications, then you will have to mute them.
To do this, you will have to do the following:
Open the app on your iOS or Android mobile and continue like this:
- Enter the chat whom you want to silence.
- Once inside the group or channel select the three points in the upper corner.
- Among the selections will appear the option Silence. Press it and a drop-down menu will open in which you will have to choose the time where you will not receive alerts. Choose 1 hour, 8 hours, 2 days or Forever.
With this, notifications will automatically stop appearing in the top bar of your mobile.
In the computer
Having the client of the app for computers makes things much easier. If you want to mute the channels to which you subscribed, you are going to have to enter their chat. Then, you will have to click on all three points next to the name. From the options, choose Mute notifications. When the pop-up window opens, you must choose how long they will be silenced.
You have to choose between 1 hour or for forever. While, in the groups it is necessary that you click on their information, within the chat. This will display a menu where you will find the button Notifications. Scroll the bar until it is no longer marked in blue.
From Telegram Web
You can also mute a group or a Telegram channel through the browser.
You can do this by following this step by step:
- Being inside the chats select the group or channel in question.
- Now locate yourself in the top bar where the group name is.
- Click on it and a pop-up window will open with your information.
- Among the options will be Share link, Add members Y Notifications. If you receive notifications it is likely that the scroll button is active and it is marked in blue. Therefore, with a click next to this tool you can deactivate or silence it so that it does not bother you.
- Keep in mind that for this API the silent state is permanent until you reverse it manually.
Learn how to archive conversations from groups and Telegram channels so that they do not appear in the chat list
Every time you want to archive a conversation from a group or channel, you will have to follow this guide on Telegram:
Make the following guide to archive Telegram conversations:
- Locate yourself inside of the chat history in the app.
- Press and hold the chat for a second that corresponds to the group or channel you want to archive.
- In doing so, a small white tick surrounded by a green circle, just below the profile picture.
- What you should do now is to press the three vertical points that appear above, on the right.
- Then select the first option file.
With this you will have Telegram groups or channels in a list separate from the main list. This list will automatically appear at the top as “Archived chats”. Press there and you will see all the saved conversations.
In the computer
One way to separate Telegram groups or channels is by filing them in a separate folder. For this simply hover over the group or channel conversation. Right click to open a floating menu. Since there are several options choose file. In this way the chat will appear inside a superior folder, called Archived chats. You must remember that if these conversations are muted they will remain so even when receiving messages.
From Telegram Web
For now the official web platform of this app does not allow archiving conversations. You can only keep them separate in the mobile app or from the client, so we recommend you follow the steps that we mentioned before.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉