In addition to Netflix and YouTube, Facebook Live is one of the most used streaming platforms in the world. This social network treads the 3 billion active and connected users, which is why its live videos are in great demand.
One of the advantages of this service is that only the Facebook application is required both for streaming and for watching live videos, that’s why it’s easy to use.
Check out this practical guide to steps you must follow to become a Facebook Live user from any mobile or desktop device.
Learn step by step how to view Facebook Live videos from any possible device
All it takes to watching videos on Facebook Live is an internet connection and, if this is not the best one you can access, the platform itself adjusts the video quality so you can still watch the broadcast.
Let’s see next:
These steps are valid in any type of Android version, it is only required that you have the Facebook application updated:
- Log in with your account.
- At the top and left, you find the symbol of “Watch”. You must press it.
- Wait for that section to load all content.
- Choose the eyelash “Live”.
- You will see all the relevant content in the last hours.
- If you want something punctual, you must press the magnifying glass symbol at the top and right.
- Write one or more keywords that serve as a reference.
- Choose the eyelash “Live” to detail that you are looking for a live in progress.
- Choose the transmission what do you want to see.
What the application on the iPhone and iPad is developed by Facebook, the steps are almost the same.
We summarize them for you:
- Log in on Facebook.
- Immediately, you will see the button “Watch”. You must press it.
- Choose the tab “Live”.
- If you want to find a specific video, you must select the magnifying glass symbol at the top and right.
- Write the keywords of the video you are looking for.
- Now you just have to enjoy transmission.
Both on Android and iOS, if you already have a link to this event that has been scheduled, then you just have to do “click” in the link and Facebook will automatically open the live video, without having to do the search that we have previously explained.
The desktop version of Facebook it is a bit different from mobiles, however, it is quite intuitive and it is easy to search for live broadcasts when you don’t have a direct transmission link.
Go for it:
- Log in on Facebook.
- On the home screen, we find two ways to access: one of them is with the symbol of “Watch”.
- The other is in the menu on the left, where you find the section of “Watch”.
- Now you must select the category “Live”, on the left side of the screen.
- You will see all the broadcasts that have been recorded live and that are of your interest.
- If you want a particular video, select the option “Search Videos”.
- Let Facebook know what are you looking for a video “Live”.
- If the transmission is still active, you will be able to see it with these simple steps.
You will be able to use a smart TV only when you have installed the native Facebook application for these devices:
- Find and install the application “Facebook Watch”.
- Once you start the run, you can select with the command the option “Look for” or “Search”.
- Write the keywords with the remote of the transmission you are looking for.
- Choose the video you want to see and give it “Play”.
Another easier way to watch videos on your smart TV is through your smartphone, so you save the trouble of searching with the remote for the video you want directly on the TV:
- Search and play the video what do you want to see.
- At the top right, tap the symbol “Cast to another device”.
- A list of fixtures will appear that are paired with your cell phone.
- Clever! So can watch videos on your Smart TV in a simpler way.
What kind of content can you watch on the Facebook Live streaming platform?
Only in a year, Facebook can record more than 3 billion live streams. This is an important figure since it is estimated that more than half of the megabytes consumed in the world are made by live videos.
These are some of the types of content that are officially allowed on Facebook Live:
questions and answers session
As a curiosity, lives have three times more comments than conventional videos. For this reason, people take the opportunity to get closer to the audiences through lives where they allow people to ask specific questions. About what? About cooking, music and cinema, among other categories. It’s a great way for people and brands to get closer to their customers and fans.
Behind the scenes
It is a successful way to give a bonus with content that you cannot show in traditional media for reasons of time. Celebrity personalities are the ones who tend to take better advantage of this service to show more of what their fans want. Only the selection of specific moments is required and specials so that users are attracted to the content they see live, from any device.
2021 is the year that live broadcasts have increased. Many event organizers migrate to digital platforms to reach more people, anywhere in the world. If you use a third-party application, you can broadcast with more than one camera, this way you will make lives a more attractive moment for the audience.
Brands are already showing interest in Facebook Live as a tool in their marketing campaigns, because it is an easy-to-use, free tool that is used by millions of people at the same time. What companies usually do is generate an expectation, then schedule an event and then make announcements of your new products and services live.
Talk to relatives
The main reason people use Facebook Live is share your best moments with friends and family. Remember that Facebook is oriented to people and not so much to brands, although they have Fan Pages to develop their strategies. Stay connected with those closest to youDespite the distance, it is the main purpose of this live broadcast tool.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉