Facebook is one of the ideal tools to perform inbound marketing. With this platform we can attract significant traffic to our different social networks or to our company, whether digital or not.
This social network offers us the possibility of creating a fan page with which we can reach many more people, with whom we will have considerable advantages that we can use in this medium. We have to remember that a fanpage is not the same as a Facebook profile.
It is for this case that we will expose you all the ideas and concepts that exist around a fan page on FB. We will show you the steps you have to do to become a digital entrepreneur.
What is the difference between Facebook profiles and fan pages?
When we become FB users we have to accept the privacy conditions and we will share our name and email with the platform.
In this way we begin to configure our Facebook account, which will become a profile. With this profile we can add a photo of ourselves as well as a cover photo, add friends, publish different multimedia content, interact with other people who have accepted us as friends or on open pages, send and receive private messages, among other things.
That is to say, An FB profile is nothing more than a personal account that is not for profit or any other objective of making a profit through it.
If we need to make a profit or carry out any marketing task we have to turn our profile into a fan page, according to steps that we will explain later.
The fan page is intended for companies with which we can interact with different users at the same time without them being our friends or having accepted it directly.
The publications we make through a fanpage are aimed at all users of the blue social network.
How to create a profile on Facebook as a user in any country in the world?
To create a profile as a user we have to perform some steps that we will detail below:
- We will have to go to the Facebook page and select the option to “Register”
- We will enter our email and also a password with which we will have to access each time we need Facebook.
- Next, they will ask us for a series of data that we will have to fill in one by one: name, date of birth, city of origin, city in which we currently live, profession and any other information that we want to appear in our biography.
- It is time to configure the privacy that our account will have, this is to indicate to the platform how we want our messages or publications to appear if we want it to be private or public, who can see the different statuses or modifications in my profile, how they appear my photos who can see them and who can modify, among other points.
- Once we have completed all this data it is time to start connecting with the people we know, therefore, Facebook provides us with suggestions to establish that connection.
It is necessary to clarify that at any time we can change the configuration and the name that we have in our FB profile to carry out the step that we explain in the next point.
How to turn your Facebook profile into a FB FanPage?
To turn our FB profile into a fanpage we have to consider different previous questions that will make our decision to switch to a fanpage necessary.
The first thing we have to know is that there is no going back, that is, once we turn our profile into a fan page we will not be able to go back.
The second thing to take into account is the level of privacy, with our profile we can choose who can be our friends, who can send us messages, among other things, while in a fanpage we will lose all these privacy guarantees since any Facebook user you can interact with us.
Once we have decided to build a fan page we have to migrate the information that we have in our profile up to 14 days without having the option to add more days or go back.
Once we begin to transfer the information, we will not be able to see messages again or participate in the groups that we had when we had a profile.
Although the photos and videos that we have in our profile can be migrated, we recommend saving backup copies before starting this process so that we do not lose that information.
Once we have clarified these points, we will show below what are the steps we have to follow to turn our FB profile into a fan page.
- The first thing we have to do is edit our name and choose the photo that we have in our profile since these two data will be transferred directly to the fan page.
- We enter the Facebook profile.
- We look for the option “Create a Facebook page based on your profile”
- Click on “Start”
- A message will appear “Congratulations, you have your new fan page”
- Next, we go into the account settings
- We choose the category on which our company is based: “Local businesses or places”, “Companies, organizations or institutions”, “Brands or products”, “Artists, bands or public figures”, “Entertainment” or “Causes or communities”
- Once our category is chosen, we choose the other information that is necessary, such as address, customer service hours, contact telephone numbers, among other things.
- Then we can start adding users, they will no longer be called friends, sending them an invitation or information from our new fanpage.
If we need to change data on this FB page we have to perform these steps:
- We’re going to “Information”
- We look for the option “Page information”
- We select “Category”, for example
- We click on “Edit”
- We choose the category we want to change, according to our example
- We press on “Save changes”
Is it possible to know who visits my Facebook profile?
This is one of the questions that we repeat the most on a daily basis or at least we asked it from time to time. Unfortunately, the social network does not give us direct information about who could see our publication.
That is, we do not have the tool as it exists in, for example, WhatsApp where we have the possibility of seeing with a blue double check when our message was read through a group with other tools.
To find out who saw my profile we cannot obtain it directly or through the third-party application.
Since these applications that exist in great quantity in the Google stores and elsewhere have a high level of risk for our security so we recommend not to install them.
In this case we advise that we review the history with a friend, see the log of activities that we have had in the log of activities, such as the “I like”.
How to see my Facebook profile as if it were someone else?
Check the configuration we have or simply to get curious about how others see us, the social network offers us the possibility of seeing ourselves as our friends see us.
In order to do this, we will follow these steps:
- We will go to the section “News”
- We click on our name
- We choose the option “To see how”
In this way, the way the other accounts see us will appear directly.
If we have hidden publications in our biography, we must bear in mind that our friends can see it while we, through this tool, will not see it.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉