When working on a spreadsheet you will have the opportunity to meet hundreds of rows and columns available there, all of this can be turned into a real advantage at the time of having to work with very long documents, but on some occasions it can become a True problem, especially if you are they do not remain fixed.
It is no secret to anyone to work with Microsoft software can be a bit tricky, especially if you do not know how to use all its functions and a few tricks that facilitate the work. That is why a very good option for avoid complications at the time of working there is lock rows and columns.
In accordance with this, here we are going to show you how you can start freeze the columns of a worksheet, a very simple procedure that will allow you to work with much more comfort, especially in those large documents. To do this, follow in detail everything that we will teach you below.
When is it necessary to fix an Excel column and what advantages does it have?
As mentioned previously in the post, this column fix tool It is recommended to use especially when you are working with a very long calculation document where you even need to work with several of them. This means that they will be managing many complete rows so it usually causes problems when remembering which column you are working on, especially if you handle many numerical data that can cause confusion.
It is also important to note that many of computer monitors are very small, making it even more difficult to see all the specific area of the table being used. Also, when working with many data the document usually scrolls down, what makes me lose track of all the data that is being used in the spreadsheet. In this case the user must be scrolling up every moment to be able to remember the information that is there.
All this will undoubtedly cause you a waste of time, so the productivity of your work will decrease. Therefore, power fixing each of the columns will give you the possibility of working in a much more orderly way, so your work with long documents it will be much faster.
Steps to pin a column in a Microsoft Excel worksheet
As has already been mentioned throughout the post, this is an option that it is very useful and attractive to most users, especially for those who have to make very long documents on this platform.
This lock option can be done both for a row as for a column, they will remain visible although they cannot be mobilize in any way, already either up or down. This is done with the possibility that users can see all the information they are handling all the time. This function is found in Excel how “Immobilize”.
To apply it you must follow these steps:
- In the case that you want to freeze a row, then you must go to the tab “View” and there you select the option of “Freeze top row.”
- To apply this function to a column, then you must go back to “View” and there “Immobilize first column ”.
- However, when the menu of “Immobilize” you can see that there is a third option available, it is about “Freeze panels” with this option you will have the opportunity to lock both rows and columns that are above the selected cell and to the left of the same cell.
- In the case that what you want is to block several rows, then you must select the row below the rows to block and again go to “View”> “Freeze”> “Freeze panels”. While in the case of columns you must select column to the right you want to select and then follow the same steps above.
- Keep in mind that this column and row lock function works as follows, if you block one first row and then you lock a column, so the row is unlock. You should also keep in mind that it only supports the first columns and rows, that is, it is not possible lock the rows and columns in the middle of the worksheet, but only the first ones.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉