One of the most common mistakes people make when they start on Discord is that they stop using the application due to error that occurs when the app does not start or the screen goes black.
Due to great benefits that are lost with this decision, we will explain in this post why this fault occurs and how you can fix it from your computer or smartphone.
Too we will tell you the best Discord tricks for you to become an expert and you can evaluate it as a whole so as not to leave it aside for a simple mistake.
Learn step by step how to fix Discord won’t open or black screen error
One of the advantages that Discord offers It is the possibility of working on the platform from the computer or by installing the app on any device. This last option has the advantage of be able to receive notifications and interact with instant messaging directly and automatically without the need to open the program permanently.
While this method offers great benefits It is important to consider the consumption of resources that this platform has. This forces the computer to reserve a large amount of RAM memory and require the processor and graphics card to work at its maximum limits. Because of this, if you don’t have modern equipment, You may see a black screen or Discord won’t open.
But do not worry, because we will show you below what is the step by step that you must do on the different devices to solve the Discord error:
The main objective of this step by step is to delete the temporary data and the cache to clear any potential errors from the application. You may have to re-enter your email and password to log back into the platform, but this will not delete any chat on the server.
To do this, you must enter Settings or Configuration from your Android and continue with this guide:
- Go to option Applications.
- Then find the tool Application Manager, which may vary in name according to the version of the operating system you have on your phone.
- Choose the function Manage apps.
- Find the Installed list and search for the app Discord.
- Press and hold the app until a pop-up menu opens from which you can choose Storage.
- You will find different variants for this step, according to the version of Android you have. Would be Cache, Clear cache or Delete data (choose the one you see on your screen).
- Authorize the OS to take the action and then come back open Discord.
If you have a mobile with an iOS operating system, the steps you will have to do are:
- Look for the option Settings and click on it.
- Go to general.
- Select the tool IPhone storage.
- Scroll the screen down to find the Discord app. You will be able to see the weight the amount of data saved.
- Select the app of instant messaging.
- Once the pop-up menu opens choose Clear cache.
This can also be done with the browser, if you do not have the application installed on your phone. Yes you use the Google Chrome browser you’ll have to perform different steps.
Let’s see below:
- Open the browser app and go to the upper right corner of the screen. You will find an icon 3 vertical points, click on it.
- A menu will be displayed in which you will have to choose Record.
- Click on Clear browsing data.
- Select the interval in which you want to delete the data, we recommend that it be All periods.
- Active the box Site data and cookies.
- Press the option Delete data.
In the Safari browser of your iPhone or iPad, carry out this process:
- Sign in to Settings.
- Choose the option Safari.
- Press in Advanced.
- Choose the tool Website data.
- Search Discord and select it.
- click in Delete all data.
- Confirm the action.
If the above doesn’t work You can turn off the smartphone and turn it on again to check if the phone’s internal memory is full. A good idea is also to connect to a WiFi network By avoiding the use of mobile data, this will help you know if you have good bandwidth to run Discord. By last, check if you have the updated version of Discord, since this could also cause incompatibilities between the platform and the application you have installed.
In the computer
On your computer with Windows operating system you should go to the desktop and continue with these steps:
- Open the Task Manager (We explain how to do it below).
- Examine what the applications are that are active in your CPU.
- Among the resultss find the program
- Select it clicking on it with the cursor.
- Within the options choose Finish homework. Once this is done, give the processor time to update.
- Close the Task Management window and repeat the process to verify that it is no longer on the list.
With Windows you can use shortcuts to get to Administrator, one of them is to press the keys at the same time CRL + Shift + Esc. Doing so will automatically open the Active Task Center. Another way to finish the task is through the terminal, open it with the shortcut CMD and type the command
taskkill/F/IM discord.exe. Execute the argument by pressing Enter and ready. You can also do it with the shortcut Windows + R, type
%localappdata% and ends with Enter. The system will be clean in a few seconds.
On a Mac you will have to do this step by step:
- Press the keys at the same time Command, Option and Esc.
- This will take you to a list in which you must choose Discord to force exit.
- Another method is to go to the menu Manzana and select the option Force exit. Choose Discord enter the list and voila!
It is always appropriate to verify that the computer is free of malware. Remember that these are one of the biggest causes of a program not opening or going black screen. Run or activate a good antivirus It is a measure that cannot be missed. If none of this works, ultimately uninstall and reinstall the Discord app. Perhaps the download process of the program failed or the file was installed incorrectly.
Discord tricks to get the most out of this communications tool
Check out the best Discord tricks below so you can get the most out of this instant messaging platform:
Make the most of bots
There are hundreds of bots or small programs designed by other platform users specifically for Discord. These robots can handle many tasks automatically, which greatly improves work. Among the most chosen functions are to send messages, play songs, send memes and activate group notifications. Look for options like Yagpdb, Rythm and Vexera to enhance the member experience.
Link other platforms with Discord
From the menu User settings it’s possible link your YouTube, Spotify, Facebook and Twitter accounts. This not only allows you to have all your communications in one place, but you can also listen to music in a shared way with your group or with another participant. It should not be forgotten that the best connection for gamers will always be with Twitch.
The steps you are going to perform are simple. The first thing is to synchronize the accounts (for example, from YouTube) with your ID, then you will have to open Discord and enter the section User settings. This will lead you to choose the option Connections and finally select application name third-party (in the example it would be YouTube).
In case you did not know, in this messaging medium you can also organize videoconferences, and the best of all is that it is possible to share a screen with the rest of your friends. So you will have no problem doing it like in Zoom or Skype. Through the application, or online, you will be able to show what is happening on your computer or mobile.
To do this, you must start with the transmission and choose, among the options that will appear at the bottom of the screen, the Start screen sharing tool. Then you must select Your full screen and finally press on Share.
Choose roles for channel members
Discord promotes interaction between users and the autonomy of the platform. For this reason, it offers channel administrators to choose advanced permissions so that members can have different settings enabled or disabled. If you want to choose what type of permission you can generate to your colleagues you will have to enter the tab general, select the option Permissions and go to the right side of the screen. You will be able to modify if you want a private channel and manage the uses and readings of the messages.
Convert a channel into “No Safe For Work”
If you need parental control or explain to members that they will find adult content, it is convenient that activate the NSFW option to the channel you created. This will help you avoid misunderstandings and improve communication of your idea. For this you must enter Text channels, to choose general and then click on the option General view. Next, you are going to have to activate the NSFW box and click Save Changes.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉