It is frequent find internet connection problems on any Windows 10 device. This is not due to an OS bug, but to other issues that originate from different reasons.
If you want to know how to solve these problems quickly and easily, you will have to continue reading this article to the end. The first thing that you will read is all the problems that you can face.
Then, we will tell you several tips to have an Internet connection on Windows 10 to navigate faster. Take a look and don’t miss anything to enjoy the web without wasting time.
Learn about the main security problems in Windows 10 and learn how to solve them step by step
We will show you below how to solve the main Internet connection problems that you may have on a Windows 10 computer:
You connect to WiFi, but you can’t surf
One of the most common problems you can have is that you can access the WiFi network, but it does not have an Internet connection, so you will not be able to browse any web page. This error is related to DNS servers or with the IP addresses that are saturated or modified some parameter that is not updated.
To solve this problem you will have to follow this step by step:
- Write on the taskbar, next to the icon Windows, the phrase Symbol of the system. Then click on the option Execute as an administrator. This to open a black screen in which you can write commands that are related with the operating system.
- Then you must Enterokay
netsh winsock resetto restore the catalog Winsock to original values.
- Write below
ipconfig / releasefor give up to current IP that you have on your computer.
- After that run
netsh int ip resetfor Hola and fix possible network connection errors.
- When you have finished with the previous steps you will have to to write
ipconfig / renovarto find one new IP address for your computer.
- Lastly, you’re going to have to run
ipconfig / flushdns. East command will help you flush DNS cache.
You cannot enter the WiFi network
When Windows can’t connect to WiFiThe first thing you should do is check the access password, write it correctly and it has not been modified. If this you are doing the right way You may have an error in the network card driver (this is a problem in the program that makes the board work that allows you to connect to the Internet).
The quickest and easiest thing is to reinstall the driver or restart it. You will do this in the following way:
- Go to Control Panel. For this you will have to write in the search bar at the bottom the name of the tool and then select it.
- Write, in the upper right section of this option, Device administrator and choose this function.
- Go to the second tool what do you have available call Network adapters.
- When pull down the menu select the WiFi adapter. For you to locate yourself, this option will be under the bluetooth controller and will have the word Wireless in the name.
- Right click on it and select the option Update driver (If you want to uninstall it, you can also do it in this step).
- Reboot the device for the changes to take effect.
You don’t see any WiFi network
If your computer is at home, or in any other place where you know there are available networks, and it does not find any name of WiFi signals, The first thing you will have to do is configure the network connection. This error is because you may find airplane mode enabled or you do not have the search for WiFi networks activated.
To solve this problem you will have to go to the bottom right of your Windows 10 computer screen and choose the function of Network access. Then you must select the option Wifi Y activate it. In this way, will automatically disable airplane mode. Wait a few seconds and you will see how your device find one or more wireless networks that you can access with passwords.
Tips to have a better Internet connection in Windows 10 to browse faster
Then, you will be able to find a list with the best tips to have a fast Internet connection and be able to enjoy any web page.
Pay attention to the following tips:
Choose the best router frequency
Today’s routers transmit their WiFi signal on two types of frequency, They do it through 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. The differences between these technologies are clear, the first has a greater range and can transmit up to 70 m, but has 13 channels to navigate. Instead, the 5 GHz frequency has a shorter range, up to 30 meters, and has up to 22 channels, so the data transmission speed is much higher.
This is because they can enter more devices and be spread over more channels, so these are not saturated. It is the same as on a wide highway in any city where more cars can fit. For this reason, if on your Windows 10 computer you receive the 5 GHz frequencyBecause you are close to the router, always choose this WiFi signal, since this way you will have a better speed because you do not have channels saturated with devices.
Change the frequency channel
In case you don’t have a router that broadcasts a signal in 5GHz, because it does not reach the location of your device, you will have to use the frequency de 2.4 GHz. But for you to have a good speed you will need to enter a channel that is not saturated with other devices, this will help you improve your browsing speed significantly.
To know which are the most appropriate channels to achieve your goal, you will need to use a third-party tool that can be installed without problems on your Windows 10 computer. For example, you will be able to use WiFi Analyzer, which you can download for free from the Microsoft store.
Developer: Matt Hafner
Price: Free +
When you open this tool, after installing it, you will have to go to the Analyze tab. In this section you will find a frequency distribution in which the program will automatically tell you to use the best option. You can do this identify with a caption Use me!. To change the channel you will have to go to the tab Networks and select the appropriate channel with said legend.
Customize operating system updates
It is common that the browsing speed on a Windows 10 computer is slow because the update system that Microsoft has runs through the P2P protocol for increase security. This means that every time there is an update, your computer connects with other computers to download the computer patches.
To prevent your PC from connecting with unknown computers to share updates, you will have to go to the Windows Start menu and follow this process:
- click in option Setting.
- Then you must select the tool Update and Security.
- This will allow you find function Delivery options, which you must choose.
- When you’re done with the previous steps you will have to disable in the box Allow downloads from other computers.
- Then you must activate PC on my local network.
Use the Task Manager
The function Task manager is an activity management tool that are carried out on the computer. It is used to control the active processes of the operating system, to know about the open apps and their consumption of resources. In addition, it is possible to know the programs that are running in the background. You should not forget that these software can consume bandwidth of your connection of WiFi. Therefore, it is convenient to close them to have a faster browsing speed.
To use the task manager you will have to do this step by step:
- No matter what program or application you are using, press the keys at the same time Ctrl + Alt + Del. This will open a window in which you will have to choose the option Task Manager.
- Next, you will have to go to the tab Processes and recognize the applications and processes that run in the background. You will be able to see the percentage of use of the RAM memory, the processor and other elements. From this list you will have to guide yourself to choose the app you want to close.
- Once you have found it you will have to select it and then click on the button Finish homework.
Choose other DNS
A Domain Name System, or DNS, it is a protocol used to match website names with IP addresses. In this way it is possible to translate each URL that you enter in your browser to a determined IP so that it can receive from the hosting, where the web page is hosted in which you want to enter, the data you require.
Internet service providers provide their own DNS, which often slows down the connection. You can change these domain name systems to ones that are public and faster. For example, you can use the OpenDNS (188.8.131.52) or Google’s (184.108.40.206).
We will show you below how you should do to change these servers in a simple way:
- Press on the icon Windows.
- Then choose Setting.
- Click on Network and Internet and then in State.
- After this select Change adapter options.
- Select network adapter that you have by right-clicking on it (that is, on the name of the network you are connected to).
- When a new window, choose the option Properties.
- Go to the tab Network functions and double click Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4).
- Look for the option Use the following DNS server addresses and click on it.
- Manually configure the DNS server, then click To accept and close all the windows.
It is impossible to find your home WiFi signal
For some reason you can see signals from your neighbors, but you cannot find your home from your computer, you may have Turn off the router or it has crashed and has an internal error. To this you will solve it, in both cases, turning off the router for a few minutes and turning it on again.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉