In order to protect users’ account, Discord offers a warning service indicating that the login has been detected on a different device than usual.
We will show you the steps below What should you do to solve this problem?. For this you will have to read to the end to know how to close multiple open sessions on different devices and when you are the one who opened in a new team.
Do not miss anything because We will also tell you the tips that you should keep in mind to improve the security of your Discord account on the Discord platform. Let us begin.
Learn step by step how to fix strange login problem in Discord
In order to keep your account protected, we will explain below how you should solve the strange login problem when you receive a communication from Discord.
Is it really you?
You will be able use Discord through a browser, or through the Discord app for desktop and mobile. Platform installs cookies on the device from which you carry out the action so that it detects the computer from which you enter on a regular basis. If for any reason, You access Discord from a different browser than the one you always use or you enter from the app that is installed on a computer that is not yours, it will send you an email advising you that the login has occurred from another place.
This does not mean that there is a security problem because the session started the you generated yourself. For this reason, you should not take into account the email you just received with the security warning.
On the other hand, if you were not the one who logged in, you must click on the link of the mail to change your access password. This task will redirect you to the main Discord page or automatically open the application you have installed on your mobile. In some cases, you will have to log in or the software will send you to the password modification section, it will depend on the cookies installed on the device.
To avoid this inconvenience you can change the password manually, for this you must do this step by step:
- When you access Discord you must go to the left column and select the tool User settings.
- Next, you will have to press on My account.
- After this you will have to go to the field PASSWORD AND AUTHENTICATION and click Change Password.
- A new window will open in which you must choose your current password and the new password.
If you don’t know which one to choose to be safe, don’t worry because you can use our Password Generator tool.
Close open sessions
To close the sessions opened from the computer you will have to do this guide:
- Sign in with your Username Y password to Discord.
- Then go to User settings. You will find this tool next to your username, represented by a cogwheel.
- Scroll the screen until the end of the menu.
- Press in option Sign off.
When you want to close the sessions from your mobile you must do this process:
- Sign in to the application of Discord.
- Press in the upper left corner of your screen, right on the three horizontal lines. You can also do this step by going to the bottom right of the screen and then pressing the Discord icon.
- Choose My account and then Sign off.
Tips to improve the security of your Discord account so that no one can access it without your permission
See below the configuration you have to do in Discord to improve the security of your account:
Enable two-factor authentication
This will help you to have to enter not only your access code, but also a PIN that can change constantly. In this way you will prevent anyone who knows your password from entering your account.
The steps you are going to have to do are:
- Once you access the platform Discord you will have to go to User settings.
- Then select My account.
- Go to the right side of the screen and press the button Enable two-factor authentication.
- Enter your current password and click Continue. You will receive a code that you have to copy to integrate the app with Discord in the following steps.
- Then you must download an application that will help you generate the codes. You will be able to choose Authy or Google Authenticator. To do this you must enter with your browser to
- You will receive an executable file you will have to open it for the new app to be installed.
- Grant all the necessary permissions so that the program can work.
- After this you will have to link your account Discord to the new software. Paste the code you copied earlier.
- When you’re done the new application will be executed permanently, giving you a code that you will have to write whenever you want enter Discord.
Disable Streamer mode
This function allows you to broadcast your screen live to the users you want. The problem with this tool is that you can show your personal information when you are on the broadcast.
The step by step you will do is:
- Login to Discord and then access User settings.
- Then go to the section APPLICATION SETTINGS.
- Tap on Streamer mode.
- On the right side on the screen disables the function.
- Then, enter the sector called Options.
- Enable the tools Hide personal information, Hide invitation links, Disable sounds Y Disable notifications.
Let Discord scan your direct messages
It is important to avoid receiving explicit content through direct messages. For this you must configure the options by entering User settings and then to Privacy & Security. Then go to SECURE DIRECT MESSAGING and activate the option Keep me safe. If you wish, you can choose not to analyze partial or total reform.
Prevent other users from sending you MD
If you decide that the other members that belong to the server in which it participates do not send you direct messages, you will have to enter Privacy & Security, then to section DEFAULT SERVER PRIVACY and disable the function Allow direct messages from server members.
Choose who can add you as a friend
You will have the possibility to configure this option to prevent other people from knowing more information about you. For this you will have to access Privacy & Security and then choose the field WHO CAN ADD YOU AS A FRIEND. This will allow you to disable the features All the world, Friends of friends Y Server members.
Set time to participate in your video games
With this tool it works to select if your friends can join the games or approve that the participants of the voice channel do so. For this you must enter User settings and select Privacy & Security. After this go to the section RICH PRESENCE and select the privacy mode you want.
Prevent access to your private data by Discord
The messaging platform has the policy of using user data to improve the experience from that person within Discord, to find out who you are talking to and what type of video game you choose, to get information about the settings when you use a screen reader, and also to store and process your personal data to share with other companies or conduct experiments.
To prevent Discord from having access to all this information you will have to choose the User Settings tool and then click on Privacy & Security. After this you will have to choose the section HOW WE USE YOUR DATA and uncheck all the boxes you will find.
- Use data to improve Discord.
- Use data to customize my Discord experience.
- Allow Discord to record the use of the screen reader.
- Use data to make Discord work.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉