Be important that you read this article if you want update your Windows 7 computer to strengthen its security. This is because in the next few paragraphs you can find all the information you need about how keep your equipment protected.
But this is not all you will find in this article., we will also explain if it is convenient force an update operating system and how you should carry it out, if possible, in W7.
So that you keep your data protected and the security of your equipmentpay attention to all tips and secrets that we will mention to you in a simple way. Check out.
Microsoft removes support for Windows 7 Will there still be updates?
While it is true that Windows 7 stopped receiving design improvements as of 2015, when Windows 10 came into force, continued to receive extended support to troubleshoot bugs and malfunctions in terms of safety.
But since early 2020 Microsoft reported that Windows 7 stopped receiving security update support, so it became an operating system vulnerable to intruder attacks. This is why the company informed all users, one year in advance, to make a backup copy and migrate to the new version of Windows 10.
When is it convenient to force an operating system update?
A upgrade in the operating system means download patches to improve software performance and include different types of protections against third-party attacks.
Therefore, it is convenient to force an update of the operating system when your computer shows any of these symptoms:
- The performance is very slow every time you run two or more tasks at the same time.
- For no apparent reason, you see pop-ups reporting errors in the operating system.
- When the antivirus is disabled automatically.
- Every time you want enter a web sites appear for you to make purchases or showing you different types of advertising.
- You will need to force an update operating system when the computer overheats for no reason.
- When programs are closed and applications automatically.
- If you cannot close or terminate processes programs open in the foreground and background.
All this implies that there may be bugs that generate errors in the operating system or also the presence of malware They endanger private information and equipment.
Learn step by step how to force an operating system update in Windows 7
As we explained in the previous paragraphs You will not be able to force a Windows 7 update because there is no official support on this issue. If you prefer, you can revert to the original version of the operating system. You can do this by reinstalling it legally through the Enter the key that you have on the label of your equipment.
But if you decide to continue keeping Windows 7 to receive support from Microsoft you must go to the version Professional or Business. This version has a high update cost and you will only receive system patches until the year 2023, so you should consider migrate to Windows 10 version. For this reason if you want to force an update of Windows 7 you will have to update it to version 10.
You can do this with the following guide:
- Open the browser and go to the official website of Microsoft. For this you will have to write in the address bar “https://www.microsoft.com/es-es “.
- Then find the tab Software download.
- Tap on download now.
- A window will automatically appear called Windows 10 Upgrade Wizard. Click on Update now.
- Choose the option, the window Windows setup program, Update: install Windows and keep files, settings and applications.
- After this, the assistant it will take a few moments until finish your Windows 10 installation task.
- Go to the system settings and click on Update and security.
- If for some reason it does not enter automatically, write the codes of your Windows 7 legal license.
If you do not want to perform these steps and want to force an update of Windows 7You should try entering the Command Prompt application. To do this, write cmd after pressing the Start button and then entering the command wuauclt.exe / updatenow.
You must bear in mind that you will have to to download previously Service pack 1 to carry out this task.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉