For analyze the general state of a website it is necessary to carry out deep analyzes that allow you to find advantages and weaknesses that you have in your blog.
If you want to carry out this task, you will need a reliable tool that provides you with all the metrics you need to make good decisions.. For this exists Google analytics, which is a native function of Google that will help you find the best way.
In the following paragraphs you will discover all the information about how this tool works and which variables it studies. Don’t miss a thing if you want to become an expert.
What is Google Analytics and what is this Google measurement tool for?
This tool Google allows you to track your social networks websites, apps and blogs. It has functions that allow you to obtain personalized reports, since they can be configured according to what is needed. In other words, Analytics collects traffic information and groups it in different ways.
Although it is true that you can collect information on behavior, acquisition or conversions, the most used functions of this platform are:
- Duration of visits.
- Traffic sources.
- Pages viewed.
- Number of visits.
- Browsers used.
One of the most outstanding features of this function is that it is compatible with any type of Google tool. So it is complementary with Google ADS, Google, YouTube And this can be of great benefit to you if you are trying to attract traffic to your platform or social network.
What are the main advantages of knowing how to use Google Analytics?
Among the main advantages that you can have when using Google Analytics are::
Know the rebound
It will allow you to know the number of people who visited your website in a period, but you will also be able to know the bounce rate. It will show you the pages that have a high bounce rate and which ones will exceed the minimum. The main advantage of this is that it will allow changing different functions to achieve an acceptable mobile optimization for Google.
Know which country the traffic comes from
You will have the possibility of knowing from which country the URLs that visit your blog are from. This will help you to orient consumption, tastes and even the language if it is convenient (don’t forget that you can incorporate a function on the web to change the language).
One of the most common mistakes that exist among people who have this tool is that they underestimate its power and scope of action, So not everyone is interested in setting goals for their campaigns. When you establish comparison parameters, you will have the possibility to know where you are going and if the metrics that the system gives you are good, bad or very bad.
Know the URL’s that bring more traffic
Getting the necessary traffic can be quite a difficult task, but it is more difficult to retain it. To achieve this it will be necessary that you know the keywords for which you want to position yourself. So the best tool for that is the one we’ve been talking about, Google Analytics. GA can show you which of all the URLs you get the most traffic, this means that the review of the tool must be perfect, since a bad implementation can cost you the entire project.
Study the competition
This is one of the most important benefits offered by the tool Google, since it allows you know roughly what traffic your competitors have. This you will be able to use to your advantage, since you will be able to compare the visitors and how much is the benefit that returns you with all your actions that you perform.
It is one of the functions for which this magnificent tool stands out. It is known that advertising on social media can cost a lot of money, so you have to be very careful about overspending on ads that are not effective. You will be able to use the platform to find out where the highest income is being generated. This will help you to know your audience and focus the techniques of the content marketing towards that direction.
Google Analytics tools and functions What can we measure with it?
We show you below the tools that Google Analytics has so you can get the maximum benefit.
- Is the frequency with which users were interacting with your project for a specified time.
- You can know why and in what way the user came to your blog. This information is very important because you will be able to obtain which are the most relevant contents of your website. This will help you guide the entire strategy for that place.
- Allows you to measure the number of times a user has performed an action that you want on your website. If you manage to get a large number of conversions, it means that your digital marketing technique that you are using is good.
- Acquisition by user. This is very important for any type of project, since you can know how the user is going to reach the blog. This information is currently exclusive to Google AnalyticsThis does not mean that only they own it, but that they are the best at it, because they will inform you in detail how they reached the landing page you wanted.
- This refers to steps that your users must follow to meet a specific objective in your project. That is, an action that can benefit you in the short, medium or long term and that you must always keep.
- Lets know what are the most frequent traffic sources for your blog. Currently there are only 4: Direct traffic: are the visits that come to your website by placing the Url in the browser. Organic search: are all the visits your website receives through search engines. Social: It is the traffic attracted through social networks. Reference: It is the most difficult traffic to get because it comes from other web pages.
Learn step by step how to install Google Analytics on your website to start using it
Here are the steps you must take to install GA:
- Create Google Analytics account. The first thing you will have to do is open an account through Gmail. If you don’t have an email from Google you will be able to create it on the search engine page.
- Go to the official page of Google analytics and click on the option “Create Account”.
- Register your website or app.
- In case you are about to register your first website, Analytics it will ask you to enter the name of the website, Url, industry category and time zone for reporting.
- You must take into account for the “Report time zone” is that you must choose the country where you are directing your website. Since it will be useless to put South Korea country if you need to receive all the reports in the time zone of Spain.
- After login all the data, you must read the terms and conditions of the service and click on “Get” and then in “Tracing”.
- A window will automatically open in which it will show you a code that you must enter in your project.
- Install the code in the web.
- Now copy the tracking code you got before and go to the website.
- Choose the labels “Head” Y “/ Head” to paste the code Google analytics. This will make it one of the first scripts to load for the tool to work.
The best courses to learn to use Google Analytics like an expert
If you want to know more about this tool that offers Google, you will be able to choose one of these courses that will help you to have a better handling of this useful function.
Choose the one that best suits you:
As expected in the first position we have to put the course designed by Google. This is oriented to facilitate the understanding of all the functions that this tool has.
Further, With this platform you will be able to become a Google Analytics expert in less than three weeks. The course format is video and is characterized by being didactic and offered by specialists in the area. It is free and can be done online. The website to enter is “analytics.google.com/analytics/academy”
Ecommerce Analytics: From Data to Decisions
This course is aimed at discovering opportunities in reporting methods so you can refine and make good progress on your blog. It is much deeper than the previous one, which is why it has deeper and more detailed themes. The format of the course is video and is directed by specialists in the field, as you may have already noticed, this one is aimed more at ecommerce. So if you have an online store this is your best option.
Advanced Google Analytics
It is aimed at people who already know Google Analytics in depth, so it has advanced techniques in data collection and analysis. The videos are made by people who know the most about this platform.
One thing that must be clarified is that if you need to access this course you will have to do it with your Gmail account, since they do not allow with any other. At the end of the course you will be able to receive a certificate, which is valued through the evaluations that are carried out during the course.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉