Be able to work with shapes, pictures or any other object in Microsoft Word has never been easier, especially when you have to locate several of them in the text without interfering with it. Due to this, the platform has several options that will allow you to make this job much easier.
If you are working with a Word document and for some reason you have to add different shapes or do you need join several of them to make them a single image and that this way it will be easier for you to work with them, you will be able to do it through the function called “Group shapes”.
And this function will allow you to have a more control about each of the objects added to worksheet. That is why below we are going to explain a little more about how you can start apply this tool in each of your documentsTo do this, follow in detail everything that we will explain below:
What is the use of grouping shapes in Word documents?
Is “Group” function Its main objective is to allow users to join shapes, texts and images to turn them into a single object. In this way you can maintain the position of each of the components, as well as modify and manage them all from one.
Therefore, this function allows you group different elements into one within a Word document, this will undoubtedly make it easier for you to perform actions such as increasing or decreasing the size of shapes, moving them, rotating, arranging, flipping, among many others.
You will also have the opportunity to apply effects, contrast, brightness or any other element simultaneously to all the objects grouped there. All this in order to allow the user to maintain the correct distance between each of the objects, as well as the position without what is get lost while handling them.
Considering, what power keep order and proportions between each of the shapes, images, or text added to the worksheet This is often a very difficult task to accomplish for most. Therefore, with grouping you will be able to simplify all this work and get best results in a simpler and faster way.
Steps to group shapes in Microsoft Word documents fast and easy
As already mentioned earlier in the post, can grouping different elements in Word will help you to work more easily with each of them, since in this way you can convert different shapes in one, thus allowing you adjust size, location, rotate, among others simultaneously with each of them.
Agree with this, Here we show you how to perform this procedure in an easy and fast way:
- Once you are inside the word worksheet, the next thing will be to go to the “Options” and there select the tab “Insert”.
- Now in the section of “Illustrations” you must choose the icon “Shapes”.
- As you can see there a window will be displayed where you will find all the available shapes and what can you add to your document. Here you must select all those you need and You add it in the part that you want of the sheet.
- In this case, three completely different ways, as you can see each of them is as a separate element within Word.
- The following will be to select each of them with the help of the “Ctrl” key this will allow you to select all three simultaneously. Note that you must hold down the “Ctrl” key while selecting each of the forms.
- Once the three forms are selected, the next thing will be to click on the tab “Page design” and in the section of “Organize” select the option “Group”.
- There you will see a window with two options, where we again select “Group”.
- You will automatically see that now these three elements have become one, so you simply have to click on one of them so that all three are selected automatically. This will allow you increase or decrease size, rotate, change position, change contrast, effects, among many other functions of all of them simultaneously.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉