One of the most common things done in emails is to send a message to several recipients, be it to share some important information, survey or some funny text. However, each time we add multiple recipients in one message these usually appear visible for all the emails added.
Note that some of them may not want you to Your email address is showing up there, even more so when it comes to other people they don’t know. In these cases, before send an email we can find two types of options CC and CCO.
CCO It is a blind carbon or blind carbon copy, and this simply reflects the ancient carbon paper method that were used manual invoices or typewriters. It will take care of hide each of the recipients. To do this, here we explain a little more about what this function is about.
This function known as “With hidden copy” or “Hidden carbon copy”, It is used for those cases where you need to send the same email to different users and you don’t want one person or more to be able to see the rest of the recipient. It is mainly used for avoid revealing the identity of other users and at the same time have one more privacy at the time of sharing any information through email.
In the beginning all this would have been created to be able restrict spam chains, and is that by sending a large list of addresses in a message these recipients could be taken by a person dedicated to send spam messages, what causes you to be constantly receiving junk information in your inbox.
Therefore, the best solution for all this, was to enable a box Bcc where users can write down each of the addresses and prevent these from also spreading along with the message. This also serves to send good morning or congratulations messages simultaneous and that they come from individual form to each of the receivers, which will make them feel more special when noticing that there are no other addresses attached there.
Is it possible to hide the Bcc of emails that I send to multiple recipients? Benefits of doing it
When we add recipients in the Bcc box, we send a copy of the message to other people without them realizing that it has also been shared with other people. This will make you share the same information with multiple people in secret, which in many situations is very favorable, since you can protect each of the addresses of your friends and family.
All this offers a series of benefits which we show you below:
- Make use of the CCO will offer you a Data Protection every time you need share some information simultaneously, keep in mind that the box CC it is recommended to use when all receiving emails are known or agree that your address is shared with other people.
- Help to prevent spam or trash emailsKeep in mind that if all addresses are exposed for all users, it is possible that some of them are dedicated send mass emails, which will take all these emails to add to the lists. This will cause the inbox is mostly filled with junk information.
- Prevents viruses and malware, not receiving messages from strangers will help you have protection against malicious software, taking into account that these cyber criminals frequently subscribe to email address lists where they use it for sharing their malicious activities. Therefore, the more hidden your address is, the more secure your account will be.
- It helps you to share Christmas greetings, business messages, good morning or good night cards to different people simultaneously without anyone being aware of this, since each of them will only see their address in the list.
- It also helps to have a greater protection of the information that is sent, taking into account that, if shared by the CC box this could reach hands from the wrong person, which can cause serious problems.
Surely you are wondering how you can start share your emails with hidden carbon copy to both Gmail and Outlook, this in order to start safeguard security and privacy from each of the addresses of your friends and family. Keep in mind that this process is very simple and is done just as when sending an email normally.
Taking this into account, Here we explain how to run this procedure on both email servers.To do this, follow these steps:
In Google Gmail
Today Gmail has become one of the most used email services in the world. So it is quite possible that you make use of this google service and you want to know how you can start using this tool email protection.
To do this, follow these instructions:
- Login to Gmail and enter your account details.
- Now on the left side of your screen click on “Write”.
- In the countryside “For” you must add the recipients, keep in mind that here you can add the recipients Cc and Bcc. In this case we select Bcc and we add the emails with which we want to share the information secretly.
- Once added, now fill the subject box and attach the message you want to share.
- Finally, at the bottom of the window click on “Send”.
In Microsoft Outlook (Hotmail)
Microsoft Outlook or as it was previously known Hotmail, is another of email services most currently used. So you are surely looking for a way to be able to share carbon copy messages from this server.
To do this, simply follow each of these steps:
- Select the option located on the left side of your screen “+ New message”.
- Now in the field of “For”, Choose Bcc and enter the emails to which the information will be sent. Then add the subject, write the message or attach the file to send.
- Once all this is done, click on “Send”. In this way you will be secretly sharing your emails with each of your recipients.
What are the main differences between CC and BCC
Here is a comparative table on these 2 concepts that, in a very visual way, will help you differentiate between the two:
Carbon Copy CC
Bcc Hidden Carbon Copy
Its meaning is “Carbon Copy”
Means “Hidden Carbon Copy”
All recipients they will be able to observe Who else was the email addressed to The recipients of other boxes they can’t see to whom the message was sent in this section The email addresses of the recipients included, will be public for everyone
The email addresses of the recipients included in BCC, will be private for the other users of email managers All users added will be able to communicate with each other, making use of the option “Answer everyone”
Recipients of other boxes they will not be able to communicate with users put in the Bcc box through no option
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉