Inserting a visual element in slideshow is an excellent complement to attract the attention of the audience in a presentation. For that reason, we are going to talk to you about pictures in PowerPoint. What are they for and how can you insert them?. If you want to know more, read on to find out.
Powerpoint is a presentation tool developed by Microsoft. The application offers the user multiple editing options to create slides. Each of them can be customized according to the needs of its users.
In this sense, add pictures in PowerPoint It is not complex, and its use is recommended as it greatly favors the efficiency of the message displayed. That is why we will talk to you in depth about the subject.
What are images used for in Microsoft PowerPoint presentations?
Both in social networks, as well as in the informative, labor and educational spheres, images have a fundamental position. However, What are images used for in PowerPoint presentations? It should be noted that images are useful for connecting viewers with the content of the presentation. The visual elements, correctly used, make the message of the slides penetrates more efficiently in the memory of the public.
However, it is necessary to emphasize that add images to PowerPoint it is not limited to simply placing many photos. Each image must be related to its slide, and match the information on it. The images make it easier for the audience to understand better about the message. In turn, it allows them to remember it without difficulty. This is because the images take care of create emotional responses in individuals.
Finally, and as mentioned above, an image is a complement. You must not forget that human beings perceive information through various channels. In a presentation it is convenient to have all the areas when transmitting the message in a visual, kinesthetic and auditory way.
What image format and maximum dimensions can I use in PowerPoint?
The tool Microsoft allows you to add as many images as you like in a presentation, in any size. However, you need to consider the size of the slide. So pay attention to Image format and maximum dimensions you can use in PowerPoint. On the ribbon, located on the PowerPoint toolbar, you can adjust the size of the slide.
The size varies between:
- Standard 4: 3 (Width: 25.4 cm – Height: 19.05 cm).
- Panoramic 16: 9 (Width: 25.4 cm – Height: 14.28 cm).
Thus, the images to be inserted must be smaller than the dimensions of the slide.
In that case, it is recommended that a file have the following characteristics:
- Lower weight to 2MB.
- Format JPG.
- Resolution 72 dpi.
- Size 500 x 690 pixels, which is equal to 24 cm wide and 17 cm high.
In this way, the image fits perfectly inside the slide. In case it is very large, you can use the editing options to trim the file to a more acceptable size.
Learn step-by-step how to insert an image into a PowerPoint presentation
Insert images into the slideshow tool Microsoft it is not a complex process. The only thing you should have on hand is the image, or images, of your choice. Then you just need to follow the step by step how to insert a picture into a PowerPoint presentation.
Let’s see below the steps to follow:
- Go to the ribbon, located on the toolbar of Powerpoint, and select the tab “Insert”.
- Click the button “Images”. Then a dialog box opens. You must locate between your folders the image you want to add to the slide.
- Click on the image of your preference and then press “Insert”. If you want to add more than one image, when selecting, hold down the key “Ctrl” and click on all the images you want to insert.
Versions prior to PowerPoint 2013, they have a clip art gallery. Again, click “Insert” and then click on “Predesigned images”.
Let’s see how to do it:
- On the right side of the screen, a search menu appears. In the top bar you can enter the search term. Below, you can select what type of results you want to obtain: (Illustrations, photographs, videos, audios).
- When you’ve decided which clip art to use, you just need to click on it. It will immediately go to the selected slide.
Finally, in the versions after PowerPoint 2013, you have the option of insert images online. To do this, come to “Insert” and click on “Images online.”
Then follow these steps:
- In the drop-down list of search sources, make sure the bing search engine appear. That’s where you should enter the term related to the image you want to add. Then press “Get in”.
- You can use the filters to adjust the results regarding: sizes, image types, color, design and license.
- When you already have the image you are looking for, you just have to press “Insert”.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉