One of the advantages of working in this microsoft program is that it offers you a lots of tools and functions that allow you to create professional spreadsheets in a very easy and fast way. Usually when working on these spreadsheets it is necessary to insert different elements to them.
Among the most common elements that are frequently inserted are the rows, cells and columns, the latter being one of the most used elements. All this will allow you edit and create your fully customized Excel files.
In accordance with this, here we are going to explain what are the steps you should take into account when wanting insert a column to your worksheet. To do this, you will need to follow each of the steps that we are going to teach you below in detail.
What should we keep in mind before adding a column in Excel?
At the moment of wanting add a column to your spreadsheet you must bear in mind that If you have other information added there, this could be affected. Especially what are the formulas and functions. The best thing to do in these cases is insert these elements at the beginning, that is, when no other has been added yet information to the sheet. This will prevent your information may undergo changes or simply get out of order.
Steps to insert a column into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet quick and easy
Taking into account all of the above, the following will be teach you how to insert a column in your excel worksheet. Keep in mind that this procedure is quite simple and quick to do.
To do this, follow the steps that we will indicate below:
- The first thing you should do is enter Microsoft Excel.
- There you go to set all data that are necessary in spreadsheet.
- In the case you want add a column you must keep in mind that it is always it will be added to the left side of the box you have selected. In the example that we show you below you can see the months of January to June, but between April and June it is necessary may. In this case you must add a column to complete that month.
- To do this, select the checkbox “June” and right click with the mouse, there select the option of “Insert”.
- A box will appear with four options in this case select “Insert a whole column” and click “To accept”.
- As can be seen in the following picture It has been inserted a new column to the left side of the selected box, in this case you can already create the column of “May” in excel spreadsheet.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉