Microsoft Word allows users to work with shapes within text. This tool generates the possibility of presenting ideas more clearly in the writing. Also, you can make different templates with just a few steps.
To handle the function “Shapes” like a professional, you will have to know its advantages and secrets. This will allow you to use it as quickly as possible. All this information can be found in the following paragraphs.
Further, We will talk about the difference that exists with an image and we will introduce you to the types of shapes that you can insert in Microsoft Word. Let’s not waste any more time and get started.
What is a shape in Word and how is it different from a picture?
A form in Word it is a pre-designed drawing that you can insert into the document. In this way, you will have a set of arrows, flow charts, geometric figures and calls among other concepts. It will allow you to make different types of graphics that will help you work quickly.
The difference between an image is that in the latter you cannot modify internal formats or write within it, as you can with a Microsoft Word form.
What are all the types of shapes that can be inserted in Word?
The types of shapes that you can insert into a Word document are:
- Lines: In this group you will find different types of lines. You will be able to choose between straight, curved or freehand lines. Its termination may or may not be an arrowhead.
- Rectangles: you will be able to choose different shapes that will vary the opening of their angles.
- Basic shapes: They are related to triangles, text boxes, pentagons and other shapes that will help you create emojis and other drawings.
- Block arrows: With this type of shape you will have the possibility to choose straight or curved arrows. In addition, you will have different types of formats to which you can add texts.
- Equation forms: when you need to put the four signs of algebraic operations you will have to use these types of forms.
- Flowchart: it is related to the different shapes that are used in a flow chart. For example, you’ll find connectors, decisions, and computer files.
- Ribbons and stars: The designs that you will find in this group will help you work when you need to incorporate different types of stars into the text. You can add words or numbers to them.
- Calls: These shapes are useful when you need to incorporate small phrases into a graphic and want to get the reader’s attention.
What should we keep in mind before inserting a shape into a Word document?
When you are going to insert a shape into a document, you should know that the default design that Word offers is a blue fill. In case you need to modify that format, you will have to use the function “Format of forms”. Also, when you want incorporate word you will have to use the tool “Add text”, since the figures that Microsoft Word brings do not have the possibility of entering texts by default.
In case you use two or more figures, you will have to know that they are independent of each other.. So, when you want to move them, you must do it one by one. To solve this problem, you will have to group them using the tool “Group”. This will allow you to move them all at the same time.
Every time you enter a new form you will have to order them according to your needs, you can bring them to the front or overlapping them in another order. For this you will have to use the function “Order”.
Steps to insert a shape into a Microsoft Word document
When you want to insert different types of shapes to a Microsoft Word text, you will have to follow this guide:
- Click on the tab “Insert” and find the tool group “Illustrations”.
- Select function “Shapes”.
- A menu will be displayed in which you can choose the figure you need.
- Then, go to the place of the document where you want to insert the shape.
- Move the mouse until you find the size that suits you.
- To move the shape, you will have to select it until you see white dots at its vertices. Then, press the left mouse button and without releasing it, drag the figure to the place that suits you best.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉