Although, Word has been listed as the most complete word processor for many years, certainly many users are unaware of its potential and the capabilities of this program. So that, they don’t make the most of all their profits.
In this sense, it is an ideal tool for edit and personalize any digital writing easily. Well, unlike other programs of its kind, Microsoft Word allows you to insert formulas or calculation symbols. So, it is possible add fractions in some document.
So, whether for work, assignment or simple curiosity, you have the ability to complement your Word texts with these elements. Thus, to proceed correctly in these cases, Next, we show you how to make fractions in Word files.
What is a fraction for in a Word document?
Although it is true, the fractions refer to a graphical representation in which the numerator (or upper number), expresses the part of a whole unit, which is symbolized in the denominator (or lower part of the fraction). In this way, they are basically defined as “The part of a whole” and they are widely used in mathematical environments.
In that sense, Fractions cited throughout a Word document, they fulfill a certain task depending on their different contexts of use. One of them refers to an expression that links the part to the whole; This means that the denominator of the fraction indicates the number of portions into which a whole number is divided and the numerator expresses the portions considered for it.
On the other hand also are used as an equitable distribution to figure out how much each part is entitled to, basically. Like fraction as ratio, which highlights the relationship between a pair of numbers that must be compared. In addition to: the fraction as the indicated division, the fraction as a point on the number line, and the fraction as the operator.
Steps to make fractions in your Word documents fast and easy
Now, if to personalize or enrich your documents professional or academic, you need to insert fractions directly from Word, it is essential that you know how to perform the procedure correctly.
Therefore, we proceed to mention each and every one of the steps required to make fractions in the Microsoft word processor:
- To get started, the first thing you should do is find the Word document where you need to make fractions, to access it.
- Once you are inside it, locate the area where you want to insert the fraction in question and place the cursor there.
- Then, from the ribbon of the main Word window, select the tab that says “Insert”.
- After that, it’s time to look for the Symbols group and there, click on the option that says “Equation”.
- When you do the above, a kind of gallery will be displayed and at the bottom, several available options. There, click on “Insert new equation”.
- After that, a box will appear in the indicated part of the text, from where you can start writing your equation. But, before that, in the tab “Equation Tools> Design”, click on “Fraction” and choose the model you want to display.
- Once this is done, the structure of the fraction you chose will automatically appear and there, you can start writing the terms you need in both the numerator and denominator.
- Finally when you’re done just click outside the box so that the fraction is displayed as part of the text of the document.
On the other hand, if instead of choosing “Insert new equation” in the Equation panel, click on “Equation pencil input”, you will be able to carry out a faster and more didactic process to add any fraction in a word document.
Here we specify the steps to follow for this:
- Once you place the cursor where you want to add the fraction, click on the “Insert” tab, then on “Equation” and now on the option “Equation pencil input”.
- Following that, a box will appear where you can write the fraction you need to add, just by using the pencil provided (There is also an eraser and other tools that facilitate the process).
- After specifying said fraction and checking that it is correct, click the “Insert” button and, automatically, it can be viewed in the body of the text.
- Finally, you can edit or customize your fraction from the tab “Equation Tools> Design” on the ribbon.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉