In the case of Windows computers You must have different types of drivers depending on the device you want to install there, this is because drivers are programs that act as intermediaries between Windows and PC hardware components that you want to install, and which are necessary for components such as the printer, mouse, sound graphics card, motherboard, speakers, among others.
In addition, it must be taken into account that a correct update or install the drivers on your computer It is essential to ensure the proper functioning of the equipment. It is also necessary that each component of your computer has the latest version of drivers so that its operation is optimal. Previously the installation process was fully manual, but that has been changing and in most cases it is done in automatic way or with very little user effort.
Therefore, it can be said that installing the drivers on a Windows 7 computer It is a fairly simple and fast process to carry out, since when a new controller is recognized the system will automatically take care of start your installation. In accordance with this, here we are going to teach you a little more what drivers are and how you can install them on your computer to control new hardwareTo do this, follow in detail everything that we are going to teach you below.
What are device drivers and what are these programs for?
It must be taken into account that every computer needs certain components that will help it to guarantee a very good operation, in this case they are devices that are part of the hardware and that for some obvious reason need a program or drivers suitable so that they can be installed in the equipment and thus fulfill the function in the system for which they were designed.
In this way, be able to install and maintain updated drivers it is something very important for the correct functioning of the operating system. In this way you can say that drivers or device driver It is a small piece of software that is responsible for connecting the operating system with each of the hardware components of the computer. Basically this is what allows you to connect a webcam, keyboard, mouse to computer and through them to be able to use it.
The same happens when you want to install the video card in the computer, For this to work, it must be understood with the OS and thus be able to receive all the instructions so that it can process everything correctly. In this case this is the function of the controller, who acts like a intermediate point between the PC and the component.
So the driver gives all the necessary instructions to the OS from Win 7 about how certain hardware is going to work and how the system should work with that component so that both can deliver the best possible results. As you can see, these controllers are the only ones in charge of making these hardware devices can work correctly on the PC.
Learn step by step how to install a device driver to control hardware in Windows 7
East driver installation process It can be done through different methods, it will also depend on the hardware device to be installed. The truth of all this is that it is a very important procedure to be able to ensure optimal equipment operation.
Therefore, follow each of the installation methods that we will teach you below:
Manually install the driver
The first method that we are going to explain is to perform the update manually, as mentioned earlier in the post, today most of drivers are installed automatically, but however, many of them do not, so it is necessary to perform installation manually.
In this way, follow each of the steps that we are going to indicate below:
- The first thing you should do is connect device to computer through the adapter.
- Now right click on the PC icon and in the drop-down menu that appears there select “Manage”.
- The next thing will be to open the “Device administrator” and then right click on the adapter and click to update driver software.
- Then you must select the option “Search for driver software.”
- In the new window that appears on the screen you must select the option Pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Here you must click on “Show all devices” and then in “Next”.
- Now you must click “Have Disk”.
- Then select “Examine”.
- There you must look for the controller folder and click on it to open it.
- Once it appears there loaded you must click on “Next”.
- At this point you must click on the button “Install this driver software anyway.”
- And finally you must select the option “Close”.
Install the new versions of the drivers
If you already have several drivers installed on your computer, it is important that these remain updated to its latest version in order to ensure a very good operation of them. In this case be able to update the drivers to the latest versions in Windows It is very simple.
To do this, you need to follow each of these steps:
- The first thing to do is type in the search engine Windows 7 desktop “Search updates “ and select the option that appears there with that name.
- Then a new window will open Windows Update.
- There you must select the option “Search for updates” and it will automatically begin to update all the drivers that you do not have updated in the system.
Here you must bear in mind that with Windows update only the drivers will be updated most critical.
Now if you want to update a specific component because you already know that there is a new version of it, then you will need to follow these steps:
- The first thing will be to right click on it windows start button and there select the option “Device administrator” or look for this section through the Windows finder.
- Once you enter the screen you will see everything the hardware of your computer, In the event that some of the elements are failing, then it will appear with a warning sign in yellow.
- The next thing will be to double click on the item you want to update. There a list with hardware name. In this case you must click on the right button and choose the option “Update driver”.
- Now in the window that appears on the screen you must select the option to “Search for automatically updated control software.”
- Arrived at this point Windows will start searching the latest drivers and if it finds them, it will install them automatically.
Install a driver without Internet
It is possible that at some point you need to install or update a driver on your computer, but for some reason you do not have an available Internet connection. If this is your case, then you can use the DriverPack software, which consists of an open source application that is completely free and that will help you update your drivers without any inconvenience when do not you have Internet access.
In order to do this, you need to download a 17 GB file It contains all the most common updated drivers. To do this you must copy in a external hard drive, SD card or in a pendrive where you can easily access it. That is, you must use it on the computer that does not have a network connection.
Windows 7 cannot install the new driver How to fix this error?
In some cases when you are installing or updating a new driver an error may appear that It can not be installed, keep in mind that this already happens very infrequently, but that it still appears. Possible reasons why this happens may be because the drive is damaged or not working properly. To try to solve this problem, what you should do is uninstall it completely instead of update it and install its new version.
For this it will be necessary to follow each of these steps:
- The first thing you should do is click with the right mouse button on the button. windows startup and in the menu that appears there you must select the item of “Applications and features”.
- When you have entered this section, in the column that appears to the right of your screen you must select the option “Programs and characteristics”.
- There you must look for the drivers that are installed on the computer, such as the printer. If it is malfunctioning, then you have to uninstall it.
If for any reason drivers are not on that list, then you must press the right mouse button on the windows start button and then select the option “Device administrator” Either using the windows finder To find it.
Once this window loads you will be able to see all the hardware of your computer, if any of the elements is failing it will appear with a signal of danger in yellow just as it was mentioned earlier in the post. If this is the case, right click on it and in the drop-down menu that appears there select “Uninstall driver”.
Finally when has already been deleted, the following will be install the driver again with any of the methods that we have explained previously. Thus the latest version will be installed of it and you will be assured of optimal performance.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉