The mailing labels are one of the functions most useful what’s wrong with it Word. With the same you will be able send letters to a large number of recipients in one way agile and efficient.
In order for you to use this tool, you will have to carry out previous steps to create the database. Because of this, we have prepared this post for you. We will present you the most complete guide so you can work like a professional.
But this is not the only thing we will see in this article. Among other topics, We will also talk about the advantages of creating labels combined mailings.
What are correspondence labels in Word and what are they for?
Mailing labels are a Microsoft Word tool that allows you to create small boxes on the same page. These boxes show export, automatically, different data of recipients that are previously registered.
With this a greater efficiency when they are needed send invitations or any other type of communication to many people, either by letter or by mail. The word processor will take all the data in a list that you will create and then it will dump it in the different labels.
What are the advantages of using labels in Word merged correspondence?
In case you have to send correspondence to different recipients, you can save a lot of time and work if you use the combined labels tool. This is because you are going to have to create a listing just once and then you can use it as many times as you want.
Also, you will be able to export your Outlook contacts automatically. In this way, you will have the certainty that the data entered is correct and that you will not be wrong that there is a duplicate recipient or that one of them is missing.
Steps to create mail merge labels in Microsoft Word
When you want to create labels with a trend combination you will have to follow this step by step:
- Open a new document of Word.
- Go to the menu “Correspondence” click on “Start mail merge”.
- Tap on “Labels” when the menu is displayed.
- A window will open in which you will have to go to the field “Product number”.
- Select option “Envelope N ° 10” or whatever you need.
- Click on “To accept”.
- In these moments you will have blank labels on a new document, but you won’t be able to see them. To solve this problem you will have to click on “See grids”.
- Now, you must create a recipient list. For this you will have to go to “Select Recipients”.
- Tap on “Write a new list …”.
- Will appear to you A table in which you must enter name, surname, address and many other information that you must choose to incorporate in your contacts.
- When you have finished, you must click on “To accept”.
- Choose a name to save the list on your computer.
- Go to the role group “Write and insert fields”, select the option “Address block”. You can change the format you want to give to the recipients’ data that will appear in the tags. To do this, you can choose from the list in the field “Insert the recipient’s name in this format:”.
- Then choose if you want the name of the organization, postal section or if you want to format the address according to the country or region of destination.
- Click on “To accept”.
- Tap on “Update labels”. This will make all addresses appear in the document, but to be able to see them in the Format that will appear on the sheet, you will have to click on “Preview results”.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉