Account systems have become the usual trend both in the network of networks and in computing environments. Large companies, given the increase in users who come to their services, have seen it necessary to introduce these systems in order to better control their audience, as well as to be able to offer them something unified and that allows them to carry their information from one device to another.
Anyone who has used a smartphone knows that, if it’s Android, have to create a Google account and it is Apple, you have to do the same with the ID of this system. But we are not going to talk about either of these two environments, but the one that makes up most of the computers on the planet: Windows. This operating system also has its user system, thanks to Microsoft accounts, one of the most widespread today.
In this guide we will help you to know how to log in to Microsoft from your computer and through two different ways. A process not too complicated, but that we are going to explain step by step so that you can do it without having problems of any kind and so that there is no room for confusion. Following our instructions, you will be able to log in and understand each part and step to follow without getting lost.
Steps to sign in to my Microsoft account
On the other hand, for those who have been using this system for some time, we also include a section dedicated to explain how to solve the problem of forgetting the access password. If, for whatever reason, you do not remember which password was to access, the last section of this guide explains everything you have to do to establish a new and retrieve login at Microsoft. Something quite useful and that is reduced to a few simple guidelines.
The login in the Microsoft account is something that can be carried out on different platforms that currently exist. This time, we are going to focus on the login both via the web from the PC as in Windows 10, the operating system into which these accounts have been fully integrated.
In both cases, the procedure to follow is quite different, although it is still simple. You can do it in just a matter of seconds if no problem arises, as you will be able to see in the following sections.
Enter the web from your computer or PC
To enter the Microsoft website to enter the account from the computer or PC, you have to follow these steps that we indicate below:
- Open your web browser habitual. Inside it, go to the top and type the following URL in the address bar there: https://www.microsoft.com/.
- You are inside the Microsoft home page, from which you can access all the services that you currently have, see the option “Log in” which is in the upper right corner and click on it.
- Now, on this new screen, start with write the phone number, Skype account or email of your Microsoft account. Then, click on “Next”.
- On the next page, you must repeat the process, only this time entering your password. You can check the box “Keep me signed in”So you don’t have to do all this every time you want to access. When you finish writing, press “Log in”.
- You are done with the login in your user profile within the Microsoft website from PC.
Login to Windows 10
If what you want is to connect with your account in Windows 10, the process is quite different. You will still need one Live or Outlook account created previously, but the procedure, as you are going to see now, is quite different from the previous one:
- Within the operating system, click on the Start button which is in the lower left corner and, when the corresponding menu opens, click on the option “Setting” (gear icon on the left).
- In the new window, go to the section “Accounts” clicking on it.
- Now, in the menu on the left, enter the section “Email accounts and applications.”
- Since you will have logged in with a local account, in the section with your username, look for the option “Instead, sign in with a Microsoft account“Or “Add a Microsoft account” and click on it.
- Enter the email now, phone or Skype account of your Microsoft profile and click on “Next”.
- Then repeat introducing your access code and click on “Log in”.
- You are done, your Microsoft account has started in Windows 10 and it will sync with the system automatically.
I forgot my password How do I recover the password for my Microsoft account?
Among users, it is common for problems with login due to forgetting password. Due to confusion, or due to a change that is not remembered, not knowing what the access code is is a situation that usually happens much more than we think, and that makes it impossible to connect with the user profile.
If you want to recover the password of your Microsoft account, you should know that there is no way to get it back; but it does establish a completely new one in its place. We are going to explain what steps to follow to make this change and to be able to enter again in this system of accounts of the parents of Windows.
- Open your PC’s web browser and go to the Microsoft online portal. You just have to enter the following URL in the address bar to get it: https://www.microsoft.com/.
- When you are inside, go to the section “Log in” and click on it as if you were to login as usual.
- Starts with write email, Skype or phone number of your profile and click on “Next”.
- Now, click on the option below, in “I forgot my password”.
- Check the first box: “I forgot my password”. Click on “Next”.
- Check that the email that appears is correct and write in the lower field what appears in the image.
- Request to send a message on the phone. You will have to write its last four digits before continuing and clicking on “Send code”.
- Your mobile will now receive an SMS with a 7 digit password that you have to enter in the corresponding field that has appeared on your PC. Do it to be able to advance.
- Now, it’s time to enter the new password. Remember that they are case-sensitive and that, in addition, the extension minimum is 8 characters.
- When finished, you will be prompted that you have recovered the account and the password has changed. Push the button “Next”.
- You’re done. You can log in again using that password you just entered and continue using your Microsoft account as normal.
*Note: If the problem persists, try repeating the procedure and, if you still cannot access, contact the Microsoft team.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉